Page 175 of 667 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 10005

On Billy Batson's post above this one...

More and more, too many of the things Biden is doing have that "Largely Out Of Touch With The Actual Reality Of The Voters..." feel that was there with HRC.

Can't say that I am thrilled about that.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On Billy Batson's post above this one...

More and more, too many of the things Biden is doing have that "Largely Out Of Touch With The Actual Reality Of The Voters..." feel that was there with HRC.

Can't say that I am thrilled about that.
    Biden hasn't run for political office, for himself, in a very long time. Seems his bicycle got a bit rusty while waiting for him to get back on it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

While I can certainly buy into that there is going to be some time needed to get a pair of "Sea Legs" under you, some of this stuff just played a role in tripping up HRC less than four years ago.

Was the guy just tuned out that entire time?

EXCLUSIVE: Pres. Trump tells @GStephanopoulos he wouldn't necessarily alert the FBI if approached by foreign figures with information on his 2020 opponent: "It’s not an interference. They have information. I think I’d take it."
    Tweet

------
    'I think I’d take it': In exclusive interview, Trump says he would listen if foreigners offered dirt on opponents

President Donald Trump may not alert the FBI if foreign governments offered damaging information against his 2020 rivals during the upcoming presidential race, he said, despite the deluge of investigations stemming from his campaign's interactions with Russians during the 2016 campaign.

It's one poll, but Elizabeth Warren has surged ahead of Bernie Sanders into 2nd place in the Democratic Primary...
    https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...onToplines.pdf

A second poll had prospective presidential matchups... Trump loses to Biden by 13, Sanders by 11, Warren by 7.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ampaign=recent
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The first Democratic debate qualification rules — and controversies — explained

The Democratic National Committee will determine the lineup for its first two-night Democratic presidential debate this week, and the decision will spotlight just how the party has chosen to handle its enormously large field.

The DNC — which set the qualification criteria alongside its media partners for the first debate — faced a clear trade-off. It could set lenient standards to get onstage, ensuring even lesser-known candidates get a fair chance. Or it could aim for a debate that would focus on pitting the top-tier candidates against each other, in hopes of lengthy back-and-forth exchanges.

For this initial debate — which will take place on Wednesday, June 26, and Thursday, June 27, from 9 to 11 pm Eastern time both nights — the party’s main priority was inclusion.

Twenty Democratic candidates will make it to the debate stage, and those two nights will each feature 10 candidates. Still, even under these lenient qualification rules, the field of candidates is so large that a few will miss the cut — months ago, before anyone knew exactly how many candidates would run, the DNC said 20 would be the maximum number featured in the first debate.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Biden hasn't run for political office, for himself, in a very long time. Seems his bicycle got a bit rusty while waiting for him to get back on it.
    Biden is arguably the most conservative Democrat running. He's the epitome of "good politican, bad lawmaker". He came up in different age when bipartisanship was a real thing. He literally was VP and watched his best friend reach out constantly on the ACA and get his hand spit on, have record levels of obstruction, and a SCOTUS seat stolen from him. And he's trying to sell a lie that Trump's the only problem with that party and they'll all be able to hug each other get back to normal once the bad man is gone.

Sorry between the Trump, Obama, and Bush administration it's been nearly 20 years since we had anything resembling that and because certain problems weren't addressed then, we can't afford his naivety and brand of right wing Democrat now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's one poll, but Elizabeth Warren has surged ahead of Bernie Sanders into 2nd place in the Democratic Primary...
    https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...onToplines.pdf

A second poll had prospective presidential matchups... Trump loses to Biden by 13, Sanders by 11, Warren by 7.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ampaign=recent
    Honestly between Bernie and Warren if one of them can get it good. The fact that they are the top two progressive voices and they are 2 and 3 shows me that once that battle is figured out they will surge.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Honestly between Bernie and Warren if one of them can get it good. The fact that they are the top two progressive voices and they are 2 and 3 shows me that once that battle is figured out they will surge.
    Warren is knocking it out of the park on the campaign trail.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump Says He Would Accept Dirt On 2020 Opponent From Foreign Government

Asked by ABC News if he’d listen to information offered by another country about a rival, the president said, “I’d want to hear it.” He added he might not tell the FBI. Nothing like the President of the United States putting himself ahead of the country. That's beyond obscene! Meanwhile....

2020 Democrats Rip Trump For Saying He’d Accept Dirt From Foreign Powers

George Conway Amplifies Trump Impeachment Calls In Scathing Op-Ed

The husband of presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway argued that Trump had practically invited the move already in a piece in the Washington Post. Can't wait to see how Kellyanne of Green Goebbels will respond to that. Meanwhile....

Trump’s Lawyers Are Practically Daring Congress To Impeach Him

Then there's this....

David Jolly Says Time For Impeachment Has Come: ‘The Eyes Of The Nation’ Are On Pelosi

Not Allowed On Air Force One, Steve King Still Welcomed At GOP Fundraiser

Just five months after he condoned white supremacy, the congressman got a warm reception at an Iowa GOP event where Donald Trump was speaking. Well, of course he did. Swastika Steve remains a hit with white power shitstains in his home state.

Conservative Icon George Will: Young Voters Now Consider GOP ‘The Dumb Party’

The GOP is facing a crisis as young voters abandon the party, columnist and TV analyst says. That should be "The Dumb, Crooked and Cowardly Party".

Legal Challenges Pour In Against Trump’s Faith-Based Denial-Of-Care Rule

The lawsuits are targeting a “conscience protections” rule that allows health care workers to refuse medical care and services based on moral or religious beliefs. To that, I say....GOOD!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-13-2019 at 01:19 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Warren's the most qualified of the latest candidate batch, imo. I wish that she had run last time around.

Extraordinary Member

I’ve seem Warren debate in person. She is excellent. Her policies are on point and she has credibility. She also has a personality and can show real empathy and urgency (something Clinton struggles with). Right now I feel really sarisfued with my top 3 being Warren, Sanders, and Harris.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Warren's the most qualified of the latest candidate batch, imo. I wish that she had run last time around.
    That makes two of us. If memory serves (a dicey proposition in my advanced years), Warren didn't join the campaign out of concern her seat would be taken by a Republican, but, I could be mistaken. In any event, Warren certainly has loads of credibility along with experience, plus the stones to take on anybody.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of Arkansas Lieutenant Governor Tim Griffin, who in 2004, as accused of attempting a voter registration scheme in Jacksonville, Florida, and then after laying low for a few years, was one of the beneficiaries of the Bush Administration’s culling of U.S. Attorneys. After it was revealed that his predecessor was fired on Karl Rove’s orders to make a job opening for Griffin, he resigned six months into the job, citing “spending time with his family” for bailing. He resurfaced in 2010 to run for the U.S. House of Representatives in Arkansas’ 2nd Congressional District, and won in spite of being named one of CREW’s “Most Crooked Candidates of 2010”. His most noteworthy moment in office came in October of 2013, when during a point when the capitol was on lockdown after a woman ran a barricade at the White House and began a high speed chase that ended with her being fired upon by the Secret Service, Griffin, while hiding in his office, took to social media to blame the event on President Obama’s “violent rhetoric” while the situation was still active, and before any details were known. Halfway through his second term in office, Griffin again resigned to “spend time with his family”, only to turn around and six months later register as a candidate for Arkansas Lieutenant Governor, making people wonder if his family tell him to go away after a couple months of him bothering them. He currently is serving as lieutenant governor while bizarrely cashing in big by working for a consulting firm through an obscure legal loophole, as well. In May of 2016. He, along with Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson and Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge all surfaced around the same time to respond to President Obama’s directive about transgendered bathroom use, with Griffin himself taking to social media to call it “misguided”.

Over the past two years, Griffin has been remain content with sitting in Arkansas, giving a thumbs up’ to the spree of executions that Gov. Asa Hutchinson went on in April 2017, while also hiring a guy who worked for the Koch brothers on a SuperPAC to serve as his own deputy chief of staff and communications director, because that’s not shady at all.

In any event, Tim Griffin won re-election in 2018, and we’re already predicting he runs for Governor in 2022, assuming Griffin doesn’t need to “spend time with his family” suddenly when a scandal involving him inevitably surfaces.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 06-13-2019 at 08:38 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Biden should drop out and stump for younger people.

Same with Sanders.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium