Page 18 of 321 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 4812
  1. #256
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,236

    Default

    Nothing to see here. Still consistently dickish.

    REPORTER: Congresswoman Omar says your video led to direct threats on her life. Any second thoughts?

    TRUMP: "No, not at all."

  2. #257
    Horrific Experiment JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    It's because he wants her to be afraid for her life, and die if possible. That makes him feel strong.

  3. #258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    You're being knowingly disingenuous when you keep bringing up this T-shirt. Frankly Mets, it's sort of insulting.
    I'm not the one who keeps bringing it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    As others have pointed out, what YOU claim is Democratic policy has never once been pushed by any Democrat, outside of that VERY IMPORTANT T-SHIRT THAT ONE GUY WORE THAT ONE TIME.

    Looking at ACTUAL policy, Democrats believe inBorders, and work to uphold them. They just don't put kids in cages, or RIP babies from their mothers to sell on the black market. Sorry, to 'adopt out to white couples looking for exotic babies', the way we used to do to the Native Americans when we 'settled' America and took it for Jesus from the savage heathen hordes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    But a Democrat wore a t-shirt that suggested a personal preference for open borders once.
    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    It's a clearly biased conclusion based on the "fact" that someone once wore a T-shirt that seemed to advocate open borders -- rather than the real fact that immigration decreased under Obama and the Democrats had already offered a compromise on immigration that didn't include "open borders".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    "Kavanaugh was innocent", but one Dem wore a T-shirt with something in spanish, so Democrats want totally open borders.

    Trump not a racist? That is hysterical.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Agreed. Mets, I generally respect you more than most right wingers because you are willing to engage and speak up for your side. But I have noticed this too: you JAQ off a lot.

    People ask you DIRECT questions and you sidestep to 'just ask a question' about something unrelated - or only tangentially related, or easily discernable from what people have posted - in order to shift to topic away from the questions asked. And then you ask questions to guide conversation kn the direction you want it to go, rathervthan addressing anything people have asked YOU, while complaining that people don't really answer your questions.

    As an example, your lengthy JAQ off session regarding border security and the ineffectiveness of the wall, and how Democrats want open borders because someone once worse a shirt saying so. Or your JAQ offs regarding Hillary. Or climate change. Or judicial behavior. Or criticisms of policy.

    I think, frankly, that it's time you answered some of these questions yourself. And clearly, without wiggle room or prevarication or further JAQing off.
    If the Vice Chairman of the RNC wore a shirt saying "It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" "At least I'm not Jewish" or "Cool Story Babe, Now Make Me a Sandwich" and suffered no repercussions, would you argue that it's outrageous to think it means anything?

  4. #259
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm not the one who keeps bringing it up.











    If the Vice Chairman of the RNC wore a shirt saying "It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" "At least I'm not Jewish" or "Cool Story Babe, Now Make Me a Sandwich" and suffered no repercussions, would you argue that it's outrageous to think it means anything?
    The shirt or the lack of a response?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  5. #260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    You're dishonestly pretending Democrats seek "open borders" -- which is a lie, as the fact-checker points out directly.

    Also, you still haven't answered why you -- as someone who claims to be a "moral" person -- support a blatantly corrupt, racist, homophobic, warmongering, fiscally irresponsible party that is headed by the blatantly corrupt, racist, homophobic, fraudulent, fiscally irresponsible representative known as Trump.

    -----
    "Despite President Donald Trump’s repeated claims, Democrats are not advocating open borders, not even the ones who are calling to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

    The small minority of Democrats in Congress calling for the end of ICE have all said they would like to have many of ICE’s functions redistributed to other, existing government agencies.

    None has called for abandoning border enforcement.


    During the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump frequently, and inaccurately, accused Hillary Clinton of supporting open borders. As we wrote then, Clinton supported the 2013 Senate immigration bill, the so-called Gang of Eight bill, which in addition to providing a path to earned citizenship for those then in the country illegally, would have included significant investments in border security. The bill would have doubled the number of border patrol agents along the Mexican border, added 350 miles of new fencing, and added a host of security and technologies to prevent illegal immigration.

    In fact, every Democrat in the Senate voted for the bill. Sen. Chuck Schumer, the Democratic leader in the Senate, cited that bill in a tweet responding to Trump’s repeated claims about Democratic support for open borders."

    https://www.factcheck.org/2018/07/ca...-open-borders/
    What specific limits did Hillary Clinton advocate for on legal immigration?

    I'll note a difference between how I ask questions and how you ask questions. My questions are neutrally phrased. I don't require you to address any other points, or make any unrelated potshots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The shirt or the lack of a response?
    The combination.

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Also the God who was resurrected is a carpenter, no less.
    That's nicely put.

  6. #261
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,269

    Default

    Elected politicians make policies and laws. Candidates make ideas, proposals, opinions, and promises.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  7. #262
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,236

    Default

    Always about you, isnt it? Heck of choice for your second veto.

    President Trump has just issued the second veto of his presidency, rejecting a resolution from Congress to end U.S. military support for the Saudi-led war in Yemen. Trump calls it a "dangerous attempt to weaken my constitutional authorities." https://t.co/IgrxgE4943

  8. #263
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,854

    Default

    I see Mets still wants to push the Republican line that immigration is the most important issue we face and it is a major conflict betweeen the parties.
    Of course before Trump, it was a solvable bi-partisan issue. But I guess he likes where his Party and it's leader is on this issue.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  9. #264
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

    If the Vice Chairman of the RNC wore a shirt saying "It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" "At least I'm not Jewish" or "Cool Story Babe, Now Make Me a Sandwich" and suffered no repercussions, would you argue that it's outrageous to think it means anything?
    Mets, I am going to ask you outright, how do you feel about open borders? Because you are comparing homophobia, anti-Semitism, and misogyny to open borders as far as the seriousness of elected officials unofficially advocating them. You mentioned before open borders have moral arguments in their favor, do you believe homophobia, anti Semitism, and misogyny do to? If not why compare them?

  10. #265
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'll note a difference between how I ask questions and how you ask questions. My questions are neutrally phrased. I don't require you to address any other points, or make any unrelated potshots.
    And I'll note that you don't answer questions and dodge facts when you're being dishonest and someone calls you out for it.

    It isn't a "potshot" to use factchecks to note that you're making a false argument in accusing the Democrats of wanting "open borders" and to "abolish ICE" nor is it a "potshot" to ask why a "moral" person would support a Republican party -- and openly echo a Republican president -- that routinely traffics in lies, corruption, racism, Islamophobia, homophobia, warmongering, and fiscal irresponsibility.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 04-16-2019 at 06:13 PM.

  11. #266
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,437

    Default

    This sort of nonsense is out there, and folks are pointing at Sanders' supporters and calling them "Divisive". It's laughable...

    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/15/u...-sanders-.html

    The Rematch: Bernie Sanders vs. a Clinton Loyalist
    Last year, the center got $1 million from the family foundation of Jonathan Lavine, a managing partner at Bain Capital, and at least $1 million from the tech industry’s Silicon Valley Community Foundation. It also received $225,000 from the private foundation of a Walmart heir, Sam Walton.

    Ms. Tanden, whose salary was $397,000 in 2018, was an unpaid adviser to Mrs. Clinton’s 2016 campaign while running the think tank, and was considered a candidate for a top White House job had Mrs. Clinton won the presidency. Ms. Tanden says she has founded six new policy-intensive groups as the center’s president and increased its annual budget by 25 percent.

    “That’s what she does — she shows up at rich people’s places because she needs funds from them,” Ms. Tanden’s mother said. “That place runs on Neera Tanden.”
    From 2016 through last year, the center accepted nearly $2.5 million from the United Arab Emirates to fund its National Security and International Policy initiative, according to previously unreported internal budget documents. From the start, the decision to solicit money from the United Arab Emirates, an ally of Saudi Arabia with a problematic human rights record, fanned internal dissent. A Center for American Progress spokeswoman said on Monday night that it had decided in December to stop taking money from the country.

  12. #267
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,269

    Default

    Man Dies From Gunshot Wound In Chuck E Cheese's Parking Lot

    VESTAVIA HILLS, AL - A man who was shot in the chest while changing a diaper in his car outside the Chuck E Cheese's restaurant in Vestavia Hills has died. The Jefferson County Coroner's Office on Tuesday identified the victim as Timothy Roshun Smith Jr. He was 22 and lived in eastern Birmingham.

    The incident occurred on the afternoon of April 13. Vestavia police said the shooting appeared to be accidental. The man was reportedly changing his daughter's diaper in a car when his gun discharged, hitting him in the chest and his daughter in the leg.

    Both were taken to area hospitals, and the young girl sustained minor injuries. Smith, however, was pronounced dead at UAB Hospital at 2:10 p.m. Monday.


    The gun was reportedly in Smith's diaper bag when it discharged.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  13. #268
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,854
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  14. #269
    Postin' since Aug '05 Dalak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Oh yeah, the kiddy diddler we can't call a pedophile because certain posters complained it wasn't accurate.

  15. #270
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,390

    Default

    Ah, yes. The evil Neera Tanden. *eyeroll*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •