Page 195 of 667 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Are any of my board peeps for a war with Iran? Or at least open to the idea?

And those of you who are against it, what are you willing to do to stop it? I haven’t seen any marches, no one recommending you call Congress, nothing of that sort ...

The thing is: a war with Iran would be more disastrous than the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. This all feels like a bad joke, but it’s not.
    Well I'm british so I cant do ****. But realistically marches/etc cant do **** to stop Tango Traitor from doing what he wants. Even more so with the military thanks to the 45(?) day rule before congress can tell him to knock that **** off.

Iran will be Iraq AND Vietnam for you guys though.

Astonishing Member

And those of you who are against it, what are you willing to do to stop it? I haven’t seen any marches, no one recommending you call Congress, nothing of that sort ...

The thing is: a war with Iran would be more disastrous than the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. This all feels like a bad joke, but it’s not.
    There was no Iranian crisis before trump's incompetence got in the way.

Columnist E. Jean Carroll has come forward to accuse Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her in a department store dressing room 23 years ago.

(A reminder, Trump still boasted about sexually assaulting women and getting away with it.)
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Invincible Member

Right now concerning war with, things are still tentative and vague. There's a lot of side eyeing and chest protruding on the parts of Iran and America, but it's not like it's a definite thing (yet). Plus, it seems a lot of people are still trying to keep us out of Venezuela ( that's still sort of a thing).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Surely this will be the thing that takes him down and thus won’t get talked about for a week or so then tossed on the deplorable mountain of Don **** and be normalized and forgotten. **** this timeline

His cult members will say “fake news! He would never do something like that”, even though he was recorded literally bragging about sexually assaulting women.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    His cult members will say “fake news! He would never do something like that”, even though he was recorded literally bragging about sexually assaulting women.
    The party of family values.

I've been terrified of the war with Iran since Trump took office, when he basically immediately torpedoed the Nuclear Deal and hired all the same W era assholes that got us into Iraq. What's most distressing is, it all just feels inevitable. Like we can see it coming but can do nothing to stop it, it's a nightmare. The GOP want it, and are going to keep prodding for it until some incident sets it off. If this is a joke, the joke is on us because I'm not laughing.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Thanks for the concern, but I’m just fine. That refinery is miles away from where I live, however, for folks much closer to that place than I am, it must’ve sounded like a bomb had gone off. I’ve seen lots of video, especially from eyewitnesses having recorded the blasts (there had been reports of as many as three explosions) on their phones and it’s scary stuff to say the least.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Thanks for the concern, but I’m just fine. That refinery is miles away from where I live, however, for folks much closer to that place than I am, it must’ve sounded like a bomb had gone off. I’ve seen lots of video, especially from eyewitnesses having recorded the blasts (there had been reports of as many as three explosions) on their phones and it’s scary stuff to say the least.
    Glad to hear you weren't personally affected, but I can't believe that the place had a fire less than 2 weeks ago and they hadn't done anything to avoid this sort of disaster. I guess this is deregulation at work.

One of the weirder social media exchanges... former Trump administration official and guy who wore a Hungarian anti-semitic badge of honor to the inauguration, Sebastian Gorka, got into a fight on Twitter yesterday with a group of rabbis who objected to his claim that abortions are forbidden in the Jewish faith (the rabbis know their own stuff, and it isn't forbidden).

Effectively, Sebastian Gorka accused a bunch of rabbis of being "Fake Jews"
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I've been terrified of the war with Iran since Trump took office, when he basically immediately torpedoed the Nuclear Deal and hired all the same W era assholes that got us into Iraq. What's most distressing is, it all just feels inevitable. Like we can see it coming but can do nothing to stop it, it's a nightmare. The GOP want it, and are going to keep prodding for it until some incident sets it off. If this is a joke, the joke is on us because I'm not laughing.
    You can't really pin the Iran situation on Trump, the entire GOP was pretty thoroughly committed to abandoning the Iran deal as soon as it was feasible and then finding some excuse for a military intervention. The thing is that some countries are too strong to risk an attack over some minor incident, whereas others are too weak and would make us look bad if we went after them, but Iran is right in that Goldilocks zone, where nobody will feel sorry for them if we do attack, but at the same time it's unlikely that our forces will be in danger of actually losing.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    War is good for business. Halliburton, KPR, Blackwater and dozens of other companies made out like bandits in Iraq and Afghanistan. Literally hundreds of billions of dollars over the first decade.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The party of family values.
    The Religious Right and Evangelicals see it as God working through an evil person to achieve good ends. They can forgive him of probably anything with that loophole. It's a pretty good deal for him as long as he serves up those conservative judges. The only thing that might sink his boat would be a verifiable situation where he payed for an abortion for one of his mistresses, but he had people to take care of that kind of thing.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 06-21-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

One of the weirder social media exchanges... former Trump administration official and guy who wore a Hungarian anti-semitic badge of honor to the inauguration, Sebastian Gorka, got into a fight on Twitter yesterday with a group of rabbis who objected to his claim that abortions are forbidden in the Jewish faith (the rabbis know their own stuff, and it isn't forbidden).

Effectively, Sebastian Gorka accused a bunch of rabbis of being "Fake Jews"

Trump wants to make his wife head of Homeland Security.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!