Page 208 of 667 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    What pisses me off about this is that Fox is blaming Obama's administration for this because their viewers will just believe Fox.
    No accounting for the brain dead.

Speaking of, in the midst of children being locked in cages, meanwhile, GOP Rep. Doug Lamborn of Colorado knows the real threat to children... "PBS is indoctrinating them because Mr. Ratburn on Arthur is gay."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

What pisses me off about this is that Fox is blaming Obama's administration for this because their viewers will just believe Fox.
    What? You actually expect truth from the cretins on FAUX News? They'd blame Obama for the 9/11 attacks and the brainless lemmings who watch would believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    No accounting for the brain dead.

Speaking of, in the midst of children being locked in cages, meanwhile, GOP Rep. Doug Lamborn of Colorado knows the real threat to children... "PBS is indoctrinating them because Mr. Ratburn on Arthur is gay."
    Sweet baby Jesus! I'd kill to be the dealer who sells the drugs Republicans shoot and/or snort which makes them say crazy **** like that! I'd be richer than Warren Buffet!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Here's what our new acting head of ICE, Mark Morgan had to say to Fox's Tucker Carlson about the migrant children being incarcerated.

“I’ve been to detention facilities where I’ve walked up to these individuals that are so-called minors, 17 or under,” Morgan said on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” in January. “I’ve looked at them and I’ve looked at their eyes, Tucker — and I’ve said that is a soon-to-be MS-13 gang member. It’s unequivocal.”
    It's worth noting that Trump fired Morgan from another position earlier because he wasn't up to snuff. After goin on Fox news and verbally licking Trumps boots he was tapped as the new acting head. Look for him to be super zealous and motivated in his new position torturing children.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Here's what our new acting head of ICE, Mark Morgan had to say to Fox's Tucker Carlson about the migrant children being incarcerated.

It's worth noting that Trump fired Morgan from another position earlier because he wasn't up to snuff. After goin on Fox news and verbally licking Trumps boots he was tapped as the new acting head. Look for him to be super zealous and motivated in his new position torturing children.
    It's like your avatar is making the perfect facial expression for this situation.

Astonishing Member

Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony Say Trump’s Tariffs Will Make Consoles Cost More

US consumers will pay a total of $840 million more for consoles than they would without Chinese tariffs, the companies warn. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have written a joint letter to the Trump administration, warning the government that its looming tariffs on Chinese goods will dramatically harm the video game industry and its employees. The companies also argued that the 25 percent tariff hike would result in US consumers paying $840 million more for game consoles.

“While we appreciate the Administration’s efforts to protect U.S. intellectual property and preserve U.S. high-tech leadership, the disproportionate harm caused by these tariffs to U.S. consumers and businesses will undermine—not advance—these goals,” the companies said in the letter.

In the seven-page letter to the Office of the United States Trade Representative, the companies warn that 96 percent of all video game consoles were constructed in China last year, and reconfiguring their entire supply chain to dodge the costs and be in compliance would be immeasurably harmful to the sector.

“The video game console supply chain has developed in China over many years of investment by our companies and our partners,” the companies wrote. “It would cause significant supply chain disruption to shift sourcing entirely to the United States or a third country, and it would increase costs—even beyond the cost of the proposed tariffs—on products that are already manufactured under tight margin conditions.”
    It just shows its easy to say "America First" or bring all the manufacturing jobs back to America. But the costs will be passed to consumers, so Americans will pay for these tariffs if they want a console.

BANNED

Steve King is still a white supremacist, so... as awful as Duncan Hunter is, I think Steve King is re-posting Neo-Nazis too much to not give him the nod for that title.
    You make a strong case. It's sad these are but two of the dozens of awful human beings serving in some of our highest public offices.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    You make a strong case. It's sad these are but two of the dozens of awful human beings serving in some of our highest public offices.
    Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day started as a Top 40 worst GOP members list. Folks like Gohmert, Bachmann, King, Allen West, Ron Paul...

Then people started suggesting other considerations, Republicans kept getting more and more racist and insane across the country, and next thing you knew, I had a daily blog.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I cannot understand the inability to conceive that a politician can do things for shady means just as much as 'all politicians are crooks', things are not 100% Black or White here as reality is a blend of greys. Since you seem to be able to ascribe hidden agendas unrelated to the national good and the ability to lie about their motives to liberal politicians easily enough, I don't think that's your issue.
    To be clear, I think politicians are capable of making bad decisions for shady reasons. My point was about how I think they usually operate, rather than speculation about how they are 100% of the time.

Saying that they're doing what they think is best doesn't mean they're perfect. They're vulnerable to motivated reasoning and self-justification. I'm sure there are some exceptions but there's probably some justification for shady behavior.

Even Democrats who back open borders but are unwilling to be honest about it are probably doing what they think is right.

1. To quibble over the cost of this fund after giving away so much away to corporations that wasted it on stock buybacks is hypocrisy not tactics. Double Standards aren't good for the country, and no one who's seriously interested in what's good for the country thinks they are.

2. How is it helping us negotiate? By hurting us and forcing former trade partners to go to cheaper sources closer to them? There are also some arguments for a Flat Earth but it doesn't make them good ones.

3. The alternative that has been suggested is something you have ignored/forgotten: Treat these people like human beings. The cost to do so would be pennies compared to The Wall. Instead they are bemoaning the costs of basic human care like sleeping and not being covered in filth while also saying that this acts as a deterrent to others. The Cruelty is literally the point. You continually act like there's no alternative to kenneling these people in ways that most of these senators & GoP voters wouldn't treat their own pets, but there was an alternative to being this cruel which worked for 8 years of the Obama Admin! There were still a few unscrupulous people doing horrible things like there is in practically every system nowadays (Daycares, Prisons, Schools, Churches, sadly I could go on) but it wasn't endorsed at the top and vehemently defended by the rank and file as it seems these camps are. This isn't an A or B situation of 'Open Borders' against 'Concentration Camps' here Mets, these people can be treated fairly while still being detained for deportation or review of their asylum claims. I don't see how that's so hard to understand.

Oh yes, I hope it's clear I don't think the majority of Dems are saintly and unmotivated by wealth or power, just that it seems that any corruption is a bug and not a feature the GoP has embraced from the top down.
    One can cut taxes and be pissed that something was more expensive than planned. Quibbling applies if the difference is a fraction (IE- if costs were 25 percent more than expected due to explainable reasons) not when it's to this level.

The negotiation idea is that countries will give something up to avoid tarriffs, or be more willing to help in other ways.

I'm aware there are alternatives in terms of how migrants are treated but they have to be clearly stated. "Treating them fairly" and "treating them like humans" are vague and fit a lot of different solutions.

If the argument is that migrants should be released on their recognizance until an immigration court hears their case, that should be suggested openly.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I worry that the GOP will try to steer the conversation away from "NO CAMPS" and towards "Better funding for the camps". They'll use the same tired "Democrats are causing this by with holding funding" shaminging points, and the Dems will try to compromise. And then will just have camps forever, and we'll spend even more money on them, and all that money goes to the rich GOP donors running the for profit camps. Not even a penny to bury the bodies. These are the things keeping me up at 3 in the morning.

Everyone else can see that debate coming, right? Does anyone else have the sickening feeling that that will happen? I just hope everyone sticks to their guns with "NO CAMPS".
    This may be why the alternatives aren't stated. "Treat them like better" is open-ended enough to appeal to people with very different solutions (IE- release them either pemanently, release them until a court hears their case, hold them in better camps until a court sends them back, hold them in better camps until the public forgets about them and then release them into the public, etc.) "No camps" makes it an A or B.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    To be clear, I think politicians are capable of making bad decisions for shady reasons. My point was about how I think they usually operate, rather than speculation about how they are 100% of the time.

Saying that they're doing what they think is best doesn't mean they're perfect. They're vulnerable to motivated reasoning and self-justification. I'm sure there are some exceptions but there's probably some justification for shady behavior.

Even Democrats who back open borders but are unwilling to be honest about it are probably doing what they think is right.
    You weren't doing it to defend all politicians, you were doing it to defend Mitch 'Turtle Boy' McConnel. I objected and you continue to give him every benefit of the doubt.

One can cut taxes and be pissed that something was more expensive than planned. Quibbling applies if the difference is a fraction (IE- if costs were 25 percent more than expected due to explainable reasons) not when it's to this level.

The negotiation idea is that countries will give something up to avoid tarriffs, or be more willing to help in other ways.
    Tax Cuts of over a Trillion vs a few 9/11 Billions is pennies on the dollar, I consider that more than hypocritical quibbling. Also: How does Tariffs that hurt the American consumer incentivize other countries to do anything to avoid them? We're the ones paying these tariffs, unless you buy the BS Trump and Faux is putting out there.

I'm aware there are alternatives in terms of how migrants are treated but they have to be clearly stated. "Treating them fairly" and "treating them like humans" are vague and fit a lot of different solutions.

If the argument is that migrants should be released on their recognizance until an immigration court hears their case, that should be suggested openly.

This may be why the alternatives aren't stated. "Treat them like better" is open-ended enough to appeal to people with very different solutions (IE- release them either pemanently, release them until a court hears their case, hold them in better camps until a court sends them back, hold them in better camps until the public forgets about them and then release them into the public, etc.) "No camps" makes it an A or B.
    I literally typed these words that you replied to: "This isn't an A or B situation of 'Open Borders' against 'Concentration Camps' here Mets, these people can be treated fairly while still being detained for deportation or review of their asylum claims. I don't see how that's so hard to understand." Yet you proceeded to misunderstand them, badly. If you think this situation should continue on indefinitely because you think phrases like 'treat these people like human beings' are too ambiguous you should just say so.

Reuters got an aerial shot over a migrant detainee center's "humane" conditions in McAllen, Texas:

That doesn't look like a concentration camp or other dystopian nightmare at all, does it? (It does.)
    Quoted for relevance. Please tell us how long you think this should continue because the alternative of NOT stripping them of soap, bedding, food, water and amenities we continue to give hardened criminals on death row is too ambiguous.

Posting another relevant image from twitter, quote unconfirmed:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Posting another relevant image from twitter, quote unconfirmed:

Here's a youtube video of Kilmeade's statement. And these people have the audacity to call themselves Christians.

https://thinkprogress.org/fox-friend...-e23e766b7974/

And the blonde girl goes on to compare migrant children to MS-13 gang members. Unbelievable.

Here's a youtube video of Kilmeade's statement. And these people have the audacity to call themselves Christians.

https://thinkprogress.org/fox-friend...-e23e766b7974/

And the blonde girl goes on to compare migrant children to MS-13 gang members. Unbelievable.
    Kilmeade lamely back-pedaled in a couple of tweets afterward. It's too late of course. Their masks slipped and we saw how awful he and Douchey and the blonde female truly are.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Kilmeade lamely back-pedaled in a couple of tweets afterward. It's too late of course. Their masks slipped and we saw how awful he and Douchey and the blonde female truly are.
    While saying "The Blonde Female..." is something I would take minor issue with, Earhardt and the rest of the morning crew(including the folks on the weekend broadcast) are essentially the same as Carlson. They are just there to repeat the party line(with an obvious exception for the rare instances where Trump stumbles into making a not completely dumb call/Carlson having some sort of a specific issue with Bolton). No matter how unacceptable the party line might be.

Who else is watching the debates tonight?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.