Page 217 of 667 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 10005

Since I don't know if this one is going to make national news, this evening's news on the CBS affiliate had a piece about Sheriff Tom Dart allowing inmates at the Cook County Jail to register and vote absentee ballot up until they have been sentenced.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Isn't the argument that the pregnant woman instigated the altercation?
    Who gives a damn? SHE was the one who got shot! SHE was the one who lost her child, then was fucked over by a (pardon the pun) miscarriage of justice!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think Booker had a very good night, along with Warren and Castro.
    Honestly, De Blasio not actively damaging his chances was a win.

Not a big one but a win.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    So shooting someone and saying "they started it" is a valid argument for shooting someone now(a pregnant woman)? Are we living in the third grade?
    Ask Trayvon Martin. That defense worked for his killer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm sure you have had your share of altercations, would those ever justify someone pulling out a gun and shooting you? It's childish to talk about who started it when the end result was an act of violence with a weapon/gun.
    Even if the lady started it assaulted the lady so bad and ended up getting shot because in self defense the lady panicked.

Why isn't she charged for assault? I don't understand the legalities of saying no we aren't charging her for assaulting the woman even though they say that's what she did. No we think she is guilty of manslaughter, cause her (not assault) without regard for the baby safety somehow caused the death?

I mean what?

Like I said. Mets party cares more about the unborn and protecting the right to shoot someone, especially if they are black, than they do about actual human life.

And just remember when he tries to run from that assessment, "Isn't the argument that she started the altercation?".

Own your **** or denounce your fucking team, man.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 06-27-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Ask Trayvon Martin. That defense worked for his killer.
    That wasn't even his defense. He started ****, got his ass beat, and then shot Martin because he got scared.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Is this how American democracy is supposed to work? No it's not

On Thursday morning, the supreme court voted 5–4 to withdraw from questions of partisan gerrymandering, with the court’s five most conservative justices in the majority. The ruling effectively gives states the ultimate power to decide on the legality of voting maps, and leaves in place extreme cases of partisan redistricting in states such as Maryland and North Carolina.

In a powerful dissent, an edited extract of which appears below, Justice Elena Kagan, together with the courts’ three other more liberal justices – Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, and Sonya Sotomayor – claimed the court has abdicated its duty to protect the US constitution and American democracy.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mostly watching tonight to see if there are any fireworks between Bernie and Joe, and to see if any of the others can survive it long enough to get their messages across.

Astonishing Member

Elections have consequences.

I don't think I can watch

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Going to have to watch. Need to see if Pete can fire walk with us.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Let's see how this goes. Oh alcohol, I still drink to your health.

The alt-right love Andrew Yang, just so you all know. Naturally, Yang rejects their affection, but this boils down to the group's disillusionment about Trump's failures to deliver and that Yang wants to set up a $1,000 monthly income for everyone.

Debate starts with Bernie. I think this has set the tone for the evening; it's going to focus largely on Sanders and Biden.

As if anyone with a pulse expected different.