Page 227 of 667 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Her prosecutorial record is going to be someone's hammer in a future debate. She got off a bit easy, but it was nevertheless a good showing this time.
    I hope so. She had a really great showing here and I'm not opposed to throwing my support behind her, but she has to answer for some of her dicey past misgivings. People can get better if they want to. If she answers sincerely, admits the mistake, takes ownership and notes that she has grown as a person and as a public servant, some of it will factor less into my opinion of her. If she deflects like Biden did on bussing, then no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Not Chill, more like befuddled and maybe nervous.
    Nope. That's "Chill..."

Totally, "This garbage is how this party lost last time..."

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I hope so. She had a really great showing here and I'm not opposed to throwing my support behind her, but she has to answer for some of her dicey past misgivings. People can get better if they want to. If she answers sincerely, admits the mistake, takes ownership and notes that she has grown as a person and as a public servant, some of it will factor less into my opinion of her. If she deflects like Biden did on bussing, then no thank you.
    Never mind that calling Joe out on a Federal/State issue that you made a similar play on is a political attack ad that all but writes itself.

I don't think Bernie made a strong impression one way or the other tonight. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I found this to be a pretty comprehensive article on the issue. Past records are often an obstacle for those that serve in the public sphere.

For every mistake a Harris or a Buttegieg or even a Biden make, they were in that position because they were serving in office and decisions are not always easy. Compromises have upsides and downsides by their nature. Being in office rarely affords one a sparkling record. (Unless you're Bernie and you basically sit in a corner for decades wagging your finger but not really accomplishing much)

Extraordinary Member

Based off everything I heard Harris shellacked Biden.

Good. He's a weak candidate and he would lose to Trump. He's living off name value and there's too many attack points. He's Hillary if Hillary were gaff prone and her manufactured baggage was self inflicted.

If we can get Warren/Harris/Sanders as the top 3 that's a win for the country.

I found this to be a pretty comprehensive article on the issue. Past records are often an obstacle for those that serve in the public sphere.

For every mistake a Harris or a Buttegieg or even a Biden make, they were in that position because they were serving in office and decisions are not always easy. Compromises have upsides and downsides by their nature. Being in office rarely affords one a sparkling record. (Unless you're Bernie and you basically sit in a corner for decades wagging your finger but not really accomplishing much)
    If we were talking about Harris making a hard call, that would apply.

That said, she clearly gets that Federal law should be there when state law fails. Never mind that releasing an innocent man from prison isn't exactly a hard call(without even getting into the other issues that were a part of Larsen's time in state custody...)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If we were talking about Harris making a hard call, that would apply.

That said, she clearly gets that Federal law should be there when state law fails. Never mind that releasing an innocent man from prison isn't exactly a hard call(without even getting into the other issues that were a part of Larsen's time in state custody...)
    Yes, that example isn't a hard call, but her record is more than just one particular case.

Yes, that example isn't a hard call, but her record is more than just one particular case.
    I bet someone at Herbalife got a pretty good chuckle out of that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I don't think Bernie made a strong impression one way or the other tonight. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Like I said at the beginning. With no Big Bad Hillary to work against Bernie's going to have a harder time standing out this election.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I mentioned earlier that they could have just had a Bernie mannequin on stage with prerecorded “Bernie-isms”. David Axelrod on CNN echoed that observation. “Bernie Sanders might have been a hologram because what we heard tonight we’ve heard many many times before.”

It wasn’t a bad performance but it definitely wasn’t exciting in any way. his supporters are pretty unwavering in their love of him, but I don’t think he did enough to stave off Warren and Harris from potentially surpassing him in the polls. As others have said, he’s not the rarity he was in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Folks are all "Crazy..." Bernie.

Dude looks pretty darn chill there.
    He looks like someone impotent because all he's trying to do is think of a way to segue into talking about income inequality again out of the comments being made and coming up with nothing.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Like I said at the beginning. With no Big Bad Hillary to work against Bernie's going to have a harder time standing out this election.
    I think that it was also that he was the only non-Hillary option last time. That isn't happening anymore.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Winners and losers from the Democratic presidential debate’s second night

Predictably, Kamala Harris was a big winner, Joe Biden was a big loser, and the author of the piece brought up a novel idea to keep candidates from constantly interrupting each other and/or going over their allotted time limit, both of which happened ad infinitum last night: cutting off their microphones.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Meanwhile, in non debate news, John Cornyn makes himself look like an ass again.

I may have to change banks: Bank of America will no longer do business with companies that run detention centers - CNN https://t.co/8xG7hlvlOG