Page 23 of 667 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123523 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This is just my opinion, but I attributed that to a couple of factors:

A) White women were just as invested on keeping minorities down on the societal ladder as white men, thus their support for Trump, despite his rampant misogyny, they just weren't as out in the open about it
    B) Their general dislike of Hillary and blatant refusal to vote for her, regardless of her gender. I distinctly remember seeing quotes that said, in so many words, that women refused to "vote with their (body part)"
    It’s not even that really. It’s one party not so subtlety gives lip service to white men and endears themselves to them and the other doesn’t. Not that they are remotely better whatsoever. It’s just one is pushing a narrative that they will benefit them and one doesn’t. It’s like how there are some people on here have displayed apprehension towards Sanders because he doesn’t speak directly to minority issues in favor of an economic message. Same idea.

Then you add in that women’s lives are quite frankly benefitted more by their husband and father’s and boyfriend’s being well off, and they vote with who is throwing dog whistles saying “we are the white men party”.

As far as Hillary I think she was just a flawed candidate with a lot of baggage. She was poison for anyone who wasn’t a firm
    Democrat. She pissed off Obama’s coalition for how 08 was handled. Her ties to big banks and Wall Street made liberals not want to vote for her. To be honest, she probably did better than she would have otherwise because Trump was against her and it made it hard to vote against her.

*talks about how uneducated white males vote Trump*

*Still manages to somehow make it about pro Bernie and shitting on Clinton*

Its almost like clockwork.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    *talks about how uneducated white males vote Trump*

*Still manages to somehow make it about pro Bernie and shitting on Clinton*

Its almost like clockwork.
    It was an example that was easy to use because of the sentiment in this thread with some people. Probably should have remembered he was a trigger word for some people and that they wouldn’t be able to parse out the actual point without getting in their feelings.

It’s kind of sad that I thought I might have to preface it with “not using it to argue, just to make a parallel”, but I Gabe it the benefit of the doubt. That was my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    As far as Hillary I think she was just a flawed candidate with a lot of baggage. She was poison for anyone who wasn’t a firm
    Democrat. She pissed off Obama’s coalition for how 08 was handled. Her ties to big banks and Wall Street made liberals not want to vote for her. To be honest, she probably did better than she would have otherwise because Trump was against her and it made it hard to vote against her.

But that's not true. All candidates are flawed, and you obviously don't think Trump's glaring flaws mattered. The facts don't support your Hillary hatred. You disregard the Russians, voter suppression, Comey and that she won the vote. She actually got a bigger chunk of the white woman vote than Obama did. She was who American wanted for President if a historic clusterf^#& didn't lead to the criminal now in the White House.

Compare for white women Obama 42%, Clinton 45%.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But that's not true. All candidates are flawed, and you obviously don't think Trump's glaring flaws mattered. The facts don't support your Hillary hatred. You disregard the Russians, voter suppression, Comey and that she won the vote. She actually got a bigger chunk of the white woman vote than Obama did. She was who American wanted for President if a historic clusterf^#& didn't lead to the criminal now in the White House.

I literally said “she probably did better than she would have otherwise because Trump was against her”. How you quote and rationalize that I didn’t think Trumps glaring flaws mattered. Okay whatever.

Am supposed to be impressed that she did slightly better in her own demographic than a candidate that shared neither the race or gender of that target demographic. Seriously imagine a scenario where Obama does only slightly better with black men. That would be demoralizing. Not to mention, she didn’t even win it. She lost it.

Obama decisively won his demographic and brought it up 6 percentage points from the next person. Clinton lost her demographic and only brought it up half of what Obama did for his. If Clinton had the same success she would be President.

And yes, Comey was known baggage that she brought that nobody else had. Voter suppression is something you always will have to account for, you can’t use that as an excuse. As far as the Russians. Yes they spread a misinformation campaign. Maybe we should ask why so many people were inclined to believe a bunch of bots online.
    Last edited by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE; 04-18-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

i wonder why...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Here's two rather opposing points of view, depending on what side of the political aisle you stand on:

William Barr Has Failed America

Observers of the Justice Department will spend the rest of our lives talking about Attorney General William Barr’s jaw-dropping and horrifically inappropriate address on Thursday morning, which attempted to spin special counsel Robert Mueller’s report in Donald Trump’s favor—before the public has seen it. In just a few minutes, Barr managed to throw Mueller under the bus, mount a Fox News–style defense of Trump, and further obscure his dubious decision to absolve the president of obstruction of justice. It is hard to convey just how appalling Barr’s performance was, and it will take a while to assess the extent of the damage Barr just inflicted on the Department of Justice and the office of the attorney general. But let me take a first crack: This was Pravda-style propaganda, pure and simple, a grotesque display of spineless fealty to the president, and a confirmation that Barr views the Mueller investigation as fundamentally illegitimate.

Mueller took many improper actions investigating Trump – Here are a few

The release Thursday of the redacted report of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe of Russia’s interference in our 2016 presidential election should mark the end of a long, expensive and pointless investigation. It was an investigation that damaged the American legal system in ways that should not be forgotten.

But don’t expect the Mueller report to fade into history in coming days. Democrats who control the House of Representatives are already demanding to see the entire report without any redactions.

The Democrats also want to see President Trump’s tax returns for the past six years, an enormous amount of other information about the president’s long and successful business career going back decades, and information about his activities and communications with aides in the White House.

What’s next? Demands to see Trump’s elementary school report cards?

Instead of wanting to legislate and serve the American people, the Democrats are determined to investigate, investigate and investigate some more to serve their own political needs. They are desperate to find something – anything – to deny the president a second term in office.
    Hypercharged partisan spin on BOTH sides of the argument in the aftermath of the Mueller Report release, and things only figure to get louder and uglier from there while divisions continue growing.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Maybe we should ask why so many people were inclined to believe a bunch of bots online.
    We've seen why -- because many of you were (and still are) so pro-Bernie that you were willing to spread any negative information possible about Hillary no matter what the source, whether Russian or otherwise.

Her emails, that she was anti-BLM, that she had pneumonia -- and you're still doing it today, years after the election ended.

That was literally their plan -- get Sanders supporters to attack Clinton and to hurt her in the general election against Trump.

-----
    "Russia's effort to convince Bernie Sanders voters to support Trump was 'central' to their strategy to beat Hillary Clinton, according to a new study"

"Special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election interference had already revealed that Kremlin-linked trolls were ordered to write social media posts not only in opposition to Clinton but in support of Sanders and then-candidate Donald Trump. This study offers a picture of how extensive this effort was.

"There is no question that Sanders was central to their strategy. He was clearly used as a mechanism to decrease voter turnout for Hillary Clinton," Darren Linvill, associate professor of communications and one of the researchers who worked on the study, told The Post.

Linvill said the tweets analyzed as part of the study "give us a much clearer understanding of the tactics they were using. It was certainly a higher volume than people thought."

Sanders was "just a tool" to the Russians, Linvill added, and "a wedge to drive into the Democratic Party."

https://www.businessinsider.com/bern...y-study-2019-4
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 04-18-2019 at 10:03 AM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Dan Crenshaw reeeeeeeeally wants that sweet WBE profile.

Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) accused a New York firefighter who survived the 9/11 attacks of “conspiring” against him with a Democratic congressman.

Crenshaw made the remark while pushing back on claims made by retired firefighter Rob Serra, who said Crenshaw brushed him off when Serra approached him in the halls of Congress to ask why he won’t support the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund.

Serra — a constituent of Rep. Max Rose‘s (D-NY) district in Staten Island — spoke out against Crenshaw after the Texas congressman attacked Rep. Ilhan Omar for her comments about 9/11.

“He’s conspiring with Max Rose,” Crenshaw said in a new interview with the New York Daily News. “There’s a more malicious underlying motive here I think.”

“This accusation is a nefarious attempt to undermine me because I spoke out against Omar. It’s highly dishonest,” he added.

The lawmaker also doubled down on his opposition to support funding the compensation initiative.

“Generally speaking, I support the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund, but the reality is that it’s not out of committee yet,” he said. “I certainly support the fund, but we need to see what the final bill is like. I hope they don’t put poison pills in it so that we are forced to vote against it.”

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    We've seen why -- because many of you were (and still are) so pro-Bernie that you were willing to spread any negative information possible about Hillary no matter what the source, whether Russian or otherwise.
    The Russian trolls/bots were playing both sides. They were stirring the pot up against Hillary, but they were also stirring it up against Bernie. The point wasn't to destroy Hillary, but to get the Dems to destroy themselves.

It was an example that was easy to use because of the sentiment in this thread with some people. Probably should have remembered he was a trigger word for some people and that they wouldn’t be able to parse out the actual point without getting in their feelings.

It’s kind of sad that I thought I might have to preface it with “not using it to argue, just to make a parallel”, but I Gabe it the benefit of the doubt. That was my mistake.
    It was more that you and others use any chance to push Bernie and **** on Hillary, but sure.

As for the Bots....well to be frank its because the general public is incredibly uneducated on politics and the Americans take it to a new, frenzied level.
    Last edited by jetengine; 04-18-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Speaking of bots and divisiveness, here we are discussing Bernie and Hillary instead of the Mueller Report which is all over twitter. Gee, ain't that a coincidence.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

Her emails, that she was anti-BLM, that she had pneumonia -- and you're still doing it today, years after the election ended.

That was literally their plan -- get Sanders supporters to attack Clinton and to hurt her in the general election against Trump.

-----
    "Russia's effort to convince Bernie Sanders voters to support Trump was 'central' to their strategy to beat Hillary Clinton, according to a new study"

"Special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election interference had already revealed that Kremlin-linked trolls were ordered to write social media posts not only in opposition to Clinton but in support of Sanders and then-candidate Donald Trump. This study offers a picture of how extensive this effort was.

"There is no question that Sanders was central to their strategy. He was clearly used as a mechanism to decrease voter turnout for Hillary Clinton," Darren Linvill, associate professor of communications and one of the researchers who worked on the study, told The Post.

Linvill said the tweets analyzed as part of the study "give us a much clearer understanding of the tactics they were using. It was certainly a higher volume than people thought."

Sanders was "just a tool" to the Russians, Linvill added, and "a wedge to drive into the Democratic Party."

https://www.businessinsider.com/bern...y-study-2019-4
    “Many of you”

I voted for Clinton.

“willing to spread to spread any negative information about Hillary possible no matter the source”.

Never did, but sure. There were plenty of main stream outlets spreading negative information about her. Also as far as bots nobody knew the source during the election.

“Her emails”

Oh you mean the actual thing she did, the thing she was investigated on, the thing every news outlet reported on, the thing the FBI confirmed she fucked up on but probably didn’t have malicious intent? Listen it was definitely overblown, but it was her own baggage that she brought on herself.

If you mean the hacked emails, those were real. Again not an error that anyone forced her to make.

“that she was anti BLM”

Oh you mean because of quotes from her own statements and a video of her talking down to protestors. Yeah let’s ignore the things poloiticusns day and do.

But it’s not like you or anyone on this sub has “ever” insinuated a certain someone was bad for BLM and minority issues. Never ever. Come on that one is so easy to turn around on you.

“That she had pneumonia”

Fair I never really gave **** about that even slightly.

And you know what the funniest thing about this is? If the strategy was to get Sanders supporters to take down Hillary, it’s not even apparent it was remotely successful. As has been pointed out many times, which you refuse to acknowledge, more Clinton supporters refused to support Obama than Sanders supporters refused to support Clinton. It’s not apparent that it was anything out of the ordinary that wouldn’t have happened regardless of Russian interference or not.

Ultimate Member

“Many of you”

I voted for Clinton.
    You are not the only person I'm talking about here.

I spent months "debating" Sanders supporters in the run-up to the election pointing out that their attacks were only going to hurt the Democrats in the general election and make a Trump victory much more likely.

"Many of you" didn't listen then, and you still don't listen now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Speaking of bots and divisiveness, here we are discussing Bernie and Hillary instead of the Mueller Report which is all over twitter. Gee, ain't that a coincidence.

Well I didn’t really want to. In fact I only even brought Bernie up not in reference to Clinton but to show parceled to how one demographic voted for a party that gave them lip services to show their is a psychological factor with some people in being catered to. But one poster couldn’t handle Bernie’s name being mentioned in a post and another wanted to write out a giant diatribe blaming his supporters for everything that happened.

So.....

there’s lots of bad blood and people that want to vent