Page 257 of 667 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    I don't know how true it is but today someone made a comment on breitbart.com that says that Trump can order the census forms to be printed with the question and the Supreme Court can't do anything about it.

Also Trump can suspend habeas corpus and use the military to round up the invaders and deport them. But of course this would seem harsh and the media would have a field day if Trump label the migrants invaders. But president Lincoln did it in 1863 but he didn't have to deal with the internet and 24/7 media coverage back then.

Imo the Democrats are the ones most responsible for the crisis on the border. When Bill Clinton signed NAFTA alot of the manufacturing jobs went to Mexico. And when those manufacturing jobs left small, rural towns their economy was devastated and they had to do something to feel the void. And what they came up with are private prisons and detention centers. But the kick is that when these private prisons were built they imprisoned 80 percent of the local residents in the community where the prison was built. And of course most were Black. And the detention centers are built to house the migrants who are lured to America for jobs. My heart really do go out to those migrants who end up in those detention centers when all they wanted was a job. But Bill Clinton lured them here along with some Republicans of course to fill up beds and boost the economy of rural towns devastated by the loss of manufacturing jobs...

But there is hope. Private/Public Partnerships is a good way to fill the economic void once those private prisons goes away because over time a number of them had closed. A Privated/Public partnership was something rapper Nipsey Hussle tried to accomplished in Compton, California thanks to Trump's investment in Urban communities. But because Private Prisons provide good jobs for African Americans the political will is not often there to close them down. This is why more private/public partnerships are needed to show people a better way.
    Dude...

"Apple"/"Orange"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I don't know how true it is but today someone made a comment on breitbart.com that says that Trump can order the census forms to be printed with the question and the Supreme Court can't do anything about it.

Also Trump can suspend habeas corpus and use the military to round up the invaders and deport them. But of course this would seem harsh and the media would have a field day if Trump label the migrants invaders. But president Lincoln did it in 1863 but he didn't have to deal with the internet and 24/7 media coverage back then.

Imo the Democrats are the ones most responsible for the crisis on the border. When Bill Clinton signed NAFTA alot of the manufacturing jobs went to Mexico. And when those manufacturing jobs left small, rural towns their economy was devastated and they had to do something to feel the void. And what they came up with are private prisons and detention centers. But the kick is that when these private prisons were built they imprisoned 80 percent of the local residents in the community where the prison was built. And of course most were Black. And the detention centers are built to house the migrants who are lured to America for jobs. My heart really do go out to those migrants who end up in those detention centers when all they wanted was a job. But Bill Clinton lured them here along with some Republicans of course to fill up beds and boost the economy of rural towns devastated by the loss of manufacturing jobs...

But there is hope. Private/Public Partnerships is a good way to fill the economic void once those private prisons goes away because over time a number of them had closed. A Privated/Public partnership was something rapper Nipsey Hussle tried to accomplished in Compton, California thanks to Trump's investment in Urban communities. But because Private Prisons provide good jobs for African Americans the political will is not often there to close them down. This is why more private/public partnerships are needed to show people a better way.
    Sweet baby Jesus. Words fail me. To call that mindnumbing would be an understatement.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ha! I love it. Maybe those bible thumpers will take it as a sign that they really are backing an evil man. Nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hell, I’ll do a goddamn rain dance if it’ll help dampen things tomorrow. By the by, I’ve heard the White House is refusing to divulge just how much Trump’s colossal ego stroke is going to cost taxpayers. Can’t say I’m surprised. When Dolt45 proposed this mess in 2018, the cost was quoted at $92 million, forcing him to cancel it, a year later, god only knows what the price tag is going to end up being.
    He's whined, pouted, and tried orchestrating this thing since Bastille Day 2017, and it's likely to rain on his parade.

I mean, it already has been established it's poorly planned, the military sent the tiniest tanks in the hopes they wouldn't tear up the streets, and that it's going to inspire that lawsuit because they gave out tickets to the RNC for the best seats at the Jefferson Memorial, which isn't the White House.

We're likely in store for a clusterf***.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    There are no words for the level of facepalm you just created with this post.

Sweet baby Jesus. Words fail me. To call that mindnumbing would be an understatement.
    Or as Seth might put it:

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Since this is a comic book message board just gonna give a shout out to Lois Lane #1. It's a great issue plus Rucka throws serious shade at Trump and Sarah Huckabee. The first issue is actually titled "Enemy of the People." Lois is the hero we need right now.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    He's whined, pouted, and tried orchestrating this thing since Bastille Day 2017, and it's likely to rain on his parade.

I mean, it already has been established it's poorly planned, the military sent the tiniest tanks in the hopes they wouldn't tear up the streets, and that it's going to inspire that lawsuit because they gave out tickets to the RNC for the best seats at the Jefferson Memorial, which isn't the White House.

I saw some footage of the parade prep, including the arrival of the tanks on CNN while at the gym late this afternoon. Definitely not M-1 Abrams which would absolutely destroy Washington’s streets, I don’t think they were even Shermans, I’m not sure what’s smaller than those. Yeah, the threat of thunderstorms tomorrow would kill the flyovers and make a mess of the fireworks display, the prospect of that elates me no end.

Legally speaking, I don't think he can do that. It would definitely be struck down by the courts. Technically speaking, he can do whatever he wants if nobody wants to hold him accountable. Which is scary, because that's how we ended up with some of the Native American atrocities.

They don't come because they're looking for jobs, nobody walks a thousand miles across a desert just for that, though I'm sure they do expect it find jobs once they get here. They're mostly fleeing rampant poverty, famine, violence and instability in their home countries. A lot of that has to do with the US's foreign policy decades ago, like the Cold War buggery that lead us to topple nations to prop up dictators willing to back us against Communism. Some nations never fully recovered and the mistakes of then are still hanging around as the problems now.

I am just 100% against private for profit prisons.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Since this is a comic book message board just gonna give a shout out to Lois Lane #1. It's a great issue plus Rucka throws serious shade at Trump and Sarah Huckabee. The first issue is actually titled "Enemy of the People." Lois is the hero we need right now.
    I bought it today, but I probably won't have time to hear it until Saturday.

Er, um...I mean The Feminist SJWs have ruined wholesome entertainment by inserting politics into comics! I will now do multiple videos on this subject even though I haven't read it yet! When will Disney step in? No one wants this stuff!!

Here is an interesting factoid

If it is determined, through a GAO investigation, that tomorrow's events are actually Political ... then Trump and his campaign will have to pay the government back ... eventually.

Trump will do everything he can not to but this liability will follow him even after he is out of office.

This is on debt that can break him
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I saw some footage of the parade prep, including the arrival of the tanks on CNN while at the gym late this afternoon. Definitely not M-1 Abrams which would absolutely destroy Washington’s streets, I don’t think they were even Shermans, I’m not sure what’s smaller than those. Yeah, the threat of thunderstorms tomorrow would kill the flyovers and make a mess of the fireworks display, the prospect of that elates me no end.
    I heard someone say they were M1 Bradleys, I know nothing about tanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I heard someone say they were M1 Bradleys, I know nothing about tanks though.
    There are even lighter tanks than the Bradley, though I can't say if it any of them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Aside from the obvious other reactions, need I have to drag out the reminder that the Republican Party of the 1860s was radically different than the Republican Party of today, which morphed after the Democratic Party began taking on more centrist and liberal politicians as a result of Franklin Roosevelt before Bernie Goldwater and Richard Nixon's "Southern Strategy" helped finish off the transition to a mostly conservative modern day Republican Party?

I fail to see how Trump's going to knuckle drag his ass to invest in urban communities if it doesn't mutually benefit his personal interests.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yang is running mainly to publicize a policy argument, that the United States would be better off if everyone had a universal basic income to cover the absolute essentials. He has relatively pure reasons for running.

It's probably unfair to blame Bullock, since small-state Governors have done well in earlier Democratic presidential primaries. Howard Dean was one of the top candidates in 2004. Bill Clinton became President. He does have a background that can be politically relevant as someone who has won and governed in a state where most of the voters are Republicans.

The people it seems to me have no reason to run are Eric Swallwell (congressional backbencher who has failed to stand out), Marianne Williamson (her sole political experience is finishing fourth in a congressional race), Bill De Blasio (if you're mayor in a major media market and at one percent, there's a probem), and Kirsten Gilibrand (a prominent Senator at one percent in a race where she doesn't really stand out.) There are some candidates (Moulton, Ryan) who might get traction running to the center, if they pick positions that are popular with voters but not expressed by candidates, but they're not making any effort to do so, so there's no point in running for President if you're not offering anything different from someone with more experience.
    Of COURSE Mets loves Yang. Why I am not surprised?!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

I'm french and angry he's using our Bastille Day for his "Ego-Parade"!

Trump Administration Seeking ‘Path Forward’ To Add Citizenship Question To Census

President Donald Trump’s administration instructed Justice Department lawyers to try to get the citizenship question back on the census, a DOJ attorney told a federal judge on Wednesday. Clearly Trump isn't giving up on his odious question. Meanwhile....

ACLU Vows To Sue Trump Again If White House Goes Forward With Census Question

Iran Threatens To Enrich Uranium In ‘Any Amount That We Want’ As Tensions Mount

A diplomatic conflict between Tehran and Washington has flared since the U.S. pulled out of the 2015 Iranian nuclear deal. And who's fault is that? Conservatives and right wingers will tell you it's Barack Obama's of course.

Black Couple Shocked When Contractor Shows Up For Work With Confederate Flag

“You can continue to believe what you need to believe, sir,” the wife told him. “But no, I cannot pay you for your services. Thank you, have a good day.” Good for her! This lady has my utmost respect.

2020 Democratic candidates taking no prisoners:

Kamala Harris Rips Into Trump: ‘We Have A Predator Living In The White House’

Joaquin Castro To Fox’s Laura Ingraham: ‘You’re A White Supremacist’

Harvard Law Professor: ‘No Limit To How Much S**t’ William Barr Will Eat For Trump

Laurence Tribe said the attorney general will do just about anything to “please his master.” That goes without saying.