Page 267 of 667 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 10005

Astonishing Member

Love it

Obama should just invite the team over for a BBQ

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/stat...18213952360448

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    That is so weird how you actually give a source for YOUR poll.
    My source was Tami's Washington Post article.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Heh! Viva le France!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I just don't think a different Republican would appoint different people, it's just what I've come to expect from the GOP.
    I’m not sure.

It doesn’t strike me as beyond possibility that some other Republican President might actually be more competent than the Donald.

As a matter of interest, if a sitting first term President isn’t indicted, and wants to stand for a second term, is it just about certain that he is allowed to stand again? Or it there a mechanism whereby Republicans (or Democrats) could say: “Sorry we are going to run another candidate”.?
    Last edited by JackDaw; 07-07-2019 at 11:58 AM.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Does anyone know how well Andrew Yang fairs against Trump percentage-wise? I can't seem to find anything.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Does anyone know how well Andrew Yang fairs against Trump percentage-wise? I can't seem to find anything.
    I doubt that a lot of pollsters would waste resources on that kind of poll.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I doubt that a lot of pollsters would waste resources on that kind of poll.
    As far as I can tell, those types of polls are limited to the top 5 or so poling candidates.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If Epstein starts dropping dimes and flips like Cohen...

Oh man. We're about to see how much of a cult the GOP is. They elected Trump on a minority vote via the electoral college after he boasted about sexually assaulting women... but would they do it if we found out he solicited sex from girls?
    I wonder if that woman will ever come out of hiding that claimed she was assaulted by both Epstein and Trump in separate instances when she was under age. Epstein likes them young.....and Trump knew this. His quote is being used again in a number of stories after the arrest;

On Saturday, Trump biographer Tim O’Brian shared a 2002 quote from the president on Twitter. "I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy," Trump told a New York Magazine reporter at the time. "He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side."
    Has a Trump denial of knowing Epstein come out yet? He usually gets a convenient bout of amnesia with stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I’m not sure.

It doesn’t strike me as beyond possibility that some other Republican President might actually be more competent than the Donald.

As a matter of interest, if a sitting first term President isn’t indicted, and wants to stand for a second term, is it just about certain that he is allowed to stand again? Or it there a mechanism whereby Republicans (or Democrats) could say: “Sorry we are going to run another candidate”.?
    Technically the party could decide in a back room who it will nominate, but as far as the Republicans go, Trump is now in control of the mechanisms which would be needed to nominate someone else.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I never knew so many people loved Nike til this past week.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    People are eventually going to realize that Trump is a completely normal Republican president. If the president was Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, or anyone else everything would be exactly the same. Every policy, every appointee, every nominee, all exactly the same. Trump's just not special, he's painfully boring and generic really. His sole defining feature is being a national embarrassment every time he opens his mouth. That may be enough to turn people off him personally, but it won't turn people off the party.
    I've been saying this for over a year. If just look at what Trump has done vs what he says and how he says it then you realize he's a very typical republican and not even very far right at that.

As to turning people off, its also what appeals to many. You don't get nearly as much political doublespeak from Trump as you do from normal politicians where they change their views to fit their audience and use doublespeak to avoid taking real stands on many issues.

Bernie Sanders is the only 2020 Democratic candidate I’ve seen who regularly knocks the press as part of his stump speech. Here he is doing it in a fundraising email
    Twitter Link

Last edited by Tami; 07-07-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Blaming the media is a Trumpian tactic. Its weak and easy. I am not all in on any one Democratic candidate yet. I like the ideas of several. The "media" isn't making me not be in for Sanders. He wasn't terrible in the debate but he was clearly not the winner either so whining about pundits saying that is silly. And I especially don't like it because its this same bs that happened against Hilary.

If you start engendering this victim mentality in supporters and complaining about getting a raw deal it gives weak supporters the whole I just wont vote option. Which is stupid clearly. You may as well be a trump supporter if you don't vote against the GOP. Periodt

Crowd at bar breaks into ‘F--- Trump’ chant during live Fox News report about women’s World Cup (WARNING: GRAPHIC LANGUAGE)

The U.S. Women’s National Team defeated the Netherlands in the final of the World Cup in France and one cable channel’s attempt to capture fan reactions went a bit sideways.

Fox News did a live report from Wallace Bar, a sports bar in Lyon, where the crowd started chanting an obscene phrase that downed out correspondent Greg Palkot.

Palkot did his best to get through his report after realizing what the crowd was chanting, even going so far as to say he planned previously planned to do the report outside the bar.