Page 29 of 667 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129529 ... LastLast
    Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Your obsession with this shirt is bordering on farcical Mets. In a similar vein I could say "Trump held up a Rainbow Flag, so he clearly supports LGBTQ" even when realistically we know he doesnt. So if I was you and people kept saying to me "The transgender ban is an attack on the LGBTQ community" my only response would be "But he held up a flag !"
    This is the same dude who seriously proposed the left trading abortion rights for the right's finally addressing climate change.

So Sen. Warren has advocated for impeachment of President Trump, and the question becomes, is it worth our time? Well, that depends on what you want impeachment hearings to accomplish. If you want them to result in conviction and removal from office for Trump, then it's a waste of time because the Democrats will never get enough Republican Senators to flip and vote to convict. However, if you just want to have impeachment hearings that will embarrass Trump on C-Span and cause him to lose so badly to whoever the Democratic candidate is in the Presidential debates in October 2020, that even the red-hats will abandon him and thus that Democratic candidate is elected our next President, then yeah, let's get that ball rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    This is the same dude who seriously proposed the left trading abortion rights for the right's finally addressing climate change.
    Because there is NOTHING the GOP wants that will not screw the country. They only have, accept this evil for a good. Sad, really.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So Sen. Warren has advocated for impeachment of President Trump, and the question becomes, is it worth our time? Well, that depends on what you want impeachment hearings to accomplish. If you want them to result in conviction and removal from office for Trump, then it's a waste of time because the Democrats will never get enough Republican Senators to flip and vote to convict. However, if you just want to have impeachment hearings that will embarrass Trump on C-Span and cause him to lose so badly to whoever the Democratic candidate is in the Presidential debates in October 2020, that even the red-hats will abandon him and thus that Democratic candidate is elected our next President, then yeah, let's get that ball rolling.
    I can live with that. And then indict him and his criminal family when he is no longer in office.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Ben Carson Wants To Evict Families With Undocumented Immigrants From Public Housing

Carson says the new rule will reduce long waitlists for public housing for citizens. Housing advocates say all it will do is split up families with mixed immigration status.

The Trump administration is pushing a new policy to prevent undocumented family members of US citizens and documented immigrants from living with them in public housing.

The Trump administration’s proposal seeks to evict undocumented family members from public housing, rather than continuing the practice of adjusting their families’ benefits to exclude them. The rule was sent to Congress for a 15-day review period on Wednesday, and will then be available for public comment before it can move ahead.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ic-housing-hud

Dr. Carson's proposed rule will make excellent progress in the HUD, if the Democrats do not oppose it.
    This is merely another part of Trump's War on All Immigrants, anything it does to HUD is secondary. Much like the new guidelines that count working in legal marijuana industries against immigrants applying for citizenship. Those have nothing to do with the war on drugs, but limit the number of people who qualify for citizenship.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Question for people who oppose impeachment.
    If the nonsensical "investigations" into Hillary's Emails and Benghazi, which resulted in nothing, hurt her campaign. Including Comey's wrong-headed announcement.
    Why would an impeachment hearing that shows Trump's crimes, and let's face it, they were committed, not hurt Trump, even if the Senate ignores the facts?
    Because I have a sinking feeling that this will just validate the idea that some fence sitters have that the Democrats are just being mean to little old Donnie Doofus. I have some relatives that think this way. Of course they watch Fox News too. Right now I think the big dangers is that Trump already has a decent sized war chest built up for his campaign....about $30 million dollars in the first quarter for this year alone
    Right now for the Democrats that money is all over the place among the 20 or so announced candidates. And though they won the house in 2018, the DNC ended up $18 million in debt because of all the deep pocket money on the GOP side being tossed in. That's always been the part that concerns me.... a lot of these billionaires throw their money in the GOP pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Because I have a sinking feeling that this will just validate the idea that some fence sitters have that the Democrats are just being mean to little old Donnie Doofus. I have some relatives that think this way. Of course they watch Fox News too. Right now I think the big dangers is that Trump already has a decent sized war chest built up for his campaign....about $30 million dollars in the first quarter for this year alone
    Right now for the Democrats that money is all over the place among the 20 or so announced candidates. And though they won the house in 2018, the DNC ended up $18 million in debt because of all the deep pocket money on the GOP side being tossed in. That's always been the part that concerns me.... a lot of these billionaires throw their money in the GOP pot.
    Those people are never voting for a Democrat, so who cares what they feel. But that middle of undecided Americans, they ones that "But Her Emails" made them question Hillary. Won't showing Trump a criminal and possible traitor turn away most thinking voters. She was 100% exonerated, yet it still took a toll on her numbers. Why doesn't that work for Trump?

The billlionare money will happen, impeachment or not.

Have I ever said that I love Lawrence O'Donnell's "The Last Word"? This is just a small bonus of the Mueller report that mentions Sara Sanders lied. (p.72, vol 2) Unfortunately they decided not to charge her.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-20-2019 at 10:45 AM.

O'Donnell, not Sanders.

Thanks, fixed the typo. Had Sarah on the brain....which is not a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Those people are never voting for a Democrat, so who cares what they feel. But that middle of undecided Americans, they ones that "But Her Emails" made them question Hillary. Won't showing Trump a criminal and possible traitor turn away most thinking voters. She was 100% exonerated, yet it still took a toll on her numbers. Why doesn't that work for Trump?

The billlionare money will happen, impeachment or not.
    IMO the entire Trump phenomenon defies logic. Part of it is they remember the Trump from the Apprentice and think he's this competent, take charge guy. Also for some strange reason, some feel that the spoiled offspring of a crooked businessman who "went to all the best schools", cheated people with his Trump University (among many other things) and used a bone spur deferment to avoid the draft... is one of them. smh
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-20-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Impeachment of Trump would be a very stupid thing for the left to do.

It will make a martyr of Trump for those on the right and even if you do succeed in removing him from office then you have possibly have President Pence for the next nine years. Trump voters will support Pence and he won't be nearly as vulnerable as Trump will be in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's not ALL a death cult. Some of them would rather see people live, provided they can take glee in their suffering.

I fear for what could happen if we wait until 2020. But I do look forward to casting a vote knowing that it will lead to the biggest s***heel in modern American history and most of his family going to prison.
    One of the problems with waiting til 2020 is that Trump and his base could claim that 'if he had done anything wrong, he'd have been impeached. Since the Dems didn't do that, it means Trump is innocent.' There is so many ways that can be turned into a way to get people to vote for him.

Either way has it's risks, but I'm starting to lean towards impeachment. Though I'd let Congress do some more investigating first, call more witnesses to testify.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Impeachment of Trump would be a very stupid thing for the left to do.

It will make a martyr of Trump for those on the right and even if you do succeed in removing him from office then you have possibly have President Pence for the next nine years. Trump voters will support Pence and he won't be nearly as vulnerable as Trump will be in 2020.
    You would think that Republicans would also help get Trump out since A) Pence is clearly more sane B) Will add the same judges etc that Trump is C) Not as scandal ridden as Trump and his baggage.

But here is where some things aren't really so sure. While the belief is Trump supporters would line up behind Pence ; well the man doesn't have Trump's charisma of being an angry idiot who attracts a cult like following. Pence is basically ...boring as John Kerry. Many of Trump's supporters like yourself would comically quit voting in anger that their chosen one was impeached than back a typical "yes man politician".

So yeah I think there is some who would vote Mike Pence. But a good many of the right who worship the ground Trump walks on...well they are done the moment his ass is out of there. They will never vote again until the next one who has anger problems and is terrible comes along to motivate that anger and rage at things.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Still not a 100% sure, but as far as who I want to go up against Trump, if he isn't impeached, well..my top two choices now are Harris and Warren, though Eric Swalwell is another I'd consider.

I also like Pete Buttigieg, Cory Booker, and Beto O’Rourke though I don't think this is their year. Maybe in future election.

Who’s Running for President in 2020?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Pence, as a popular two- term President is a Joke. The GOP can get behind him all they want. It is still only 24% of voters.

The threat of a Pence Presidency if we impeach Trump is as fun as those Buy this Mag or we will shoot this Ddog covers.