Page 3 of 667 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    HOLY FUCKING ****, even more evil.

Oh my god, this man is going for the hat trick of pure horridness today.
    Don’t tell me you’re shocked this administration finally got around to targeting the disabled for abuse. I’d say it was only a matter of time. Remember, it was only a few weeks ago that Daffy DeVos proposed eliminating funding for Special Olympics until the monumental backlash forced Dolt45 to do an about face and go over her head to scratch that wrongheaded idea. Meanwhile, I wonder who’s idea was it to spy on the disabled? Probably Kid Jackboot (Stephen Miller), it would be just like a Nazi to heap scorn upon and hate anyone who’s infirm and otherwise imperfect. The Trump White House is officially the tenth level of hell.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Here's something Bernie said that was unquestionably a good thing to say. The right thing to say.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/st...55482038272000

Ilhan Omar is a leader with strength and courage. She won't back down to Trump's racism and hate, and neither will we. The disgusting and dangerous attacks against her must end.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    trump plans on dropping off immigrants into sanctuary cities. I wonder if they realize that they can just move about wherever in the US and that it'll increase more immigration on the southern border.
    The idea seems to be to punish those who vote for his enemies and/or diving the inhabitants of these cities aboard the Trump Train.

Mind you, the fact that these are not violent boegymen and are not eligible to get public assistance even in the Sanctuary Cities means this is mostly to no avail, but I get the impression Trump does not even realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Can someone explain to me the specific objections to this?
    The only objection is the using of people as pawns. The mayors of those cities were polled and they all say, bring them! Our doors and hearts are open.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Here's something Bernie said that was unquestionably a good thing to say. The right thing to say.

Ilhan Omar is a leader with strength and courage. She won't back down to Trump's racism and hate, and neither will we. The disgusting and dangerous attacks against her must end.
    Yep.

It would have been nice to see Pelosi do something along that line instead of what she's had to say so far.

Elizabeth Warren is also standing up for Ilhan Omar.

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1116859387199533057

The President is inciting violence against a sitting Congresswoman—and an entire group of Americans based on their religion. It's disgusting. It's shameful. And any elected leader who refuses to condemn it shares responsibility for it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Good for Bernie! I’m all onboard with what he said!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

That NYP Ilhan Omar cover was plain disgusting, yeah, and the constant targetting of her is even worse.

I fear for her safety.

(Good for Bernie and Warren.)
    Last edited by Tendrin; 04-12-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    We could sure use a little more hope. There has to be a way to stop this insanity.
    If you can take this at face value, 100,000 of Sanders donors thus far are independents. Having that support might do just that.

https://www.berniebag.com/

I'm not saying folks have to back Sanders. I'm just saying that figuring out a way not to tick off those supporters might make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you can take this at face value, 100,000 of Sanders donors thus far are independents. Having that support might do just that.

I'm not saying folks have to back Sanders. I'm just saying that figuring out a way not to tick off those supporters might make sense.
    Eyerolle emoji.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Can someone explain to me the specific objections to this?
    I don't have any...until it backfires and trump will start to blame someone other than himself.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Or, even better, finding some way for Sanders to hold onto these supporters even after the primary. Sanders has sway over them, influence over them. If Sanders immediately and without reservation throws his support behind whomever wins the Primary [Okay, yeah, I really doubt it will be him], then there is a chance his supporters might do the same.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Or, even better, finding some way for Sanders to hold onto these supporters even after the primary. Sanders has sway over them, influence over them. If Sanders immediately and without reservation throws his support behind whomever wins the Primary [Okay, yeah, I really doubt it will be him], then there is a chance his supporters might do the same.
    Put plainly, Sanders(unless he winds up being the nominee) isn't going to be the issue.

The issue is that Sanders having that many independents chipping into his campaign doesn't really point to that Dems have made a bunch of headway with increasing support among independents.

If you have to count on Sanders' blessing to maybe wind up with the support of some of those independents, I'd say you are already starting out five or six steps back.

The US going after the disabled isnt that surprising, they've been doing it for several years now here in the uk. To the point where 111,000 people died because of it. Conservatives are fine to let the plebs die.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The US going after the disabled isnt that surprising, they've been doing it for several years now here in the uk. To the point where 111,000 people died because of it. Conservatives are fine to let the plebs die.
    American conservativism has become, effectively, enacting cruelty upon others so there's someone suffering more than you are.

Imagine if they decided they could use the energy for something, anything positive, instead. Crazy talk, I know.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.