Page 353 of 667 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So, how many Democrats/Liberals are there on Fox News?
    If anybody, Shep Smith. And that would be it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    The fact that I've already gotten two responses saying that behavior like ranting at the television every night, alienating friends and family for having moderate views, and believing that Russians control social media is cool behavior from someone who you'd want a beer with is quite disturbing. Wasn't the whole point of the article that it was BAD when the 24/7 media brainwashes people into hating half the population, being glued to the TV, shouting conspiracy theories, and alienating your family and friends? Is it only cool when the left does it? Do you not see how hypocritical that is? I mean, I try to be open minded, I really do, but this is far-right levels of cognitive dissonance.

This is what I was talking about when I said some people would just pretend this didn't happen. It exists. Period. I've watched it happen with my own eyes, as have many others. Even the article admits this if you read the whole thing, though it only devotes a paragraph to it hidden near the bottom. If you've gotten yourself so far into the partisan bubble that MSNBC seems legit and milquetoast, I suppose there's nothing I can say to convince you.
    The idea of MSNBC turning people into rabid, brainwashed, paranoid lunatics like on Faux News is patently laughable. Plain and simple, that “Both Sides Are Just As Bad” bullshit don’t hunt.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If anybody, Shep Smith. And that would be it.
    Donna Brazile leave the party?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Donna Brazile leave the party?
    Did Fox News give her a show of her own like Scarborough or Wallace, the people we were talking about?

False equivalency, yet again. Especially because I can only find one video of her appearing on the network while doing a search since March 2019 when it was announced they'd "hired" her about once a month. That's it.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 07-28-2019 at 07:15 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I do know that MSNBC does have Republican/Conservative (or in the case of Joe Scarborough former Republican) hosts, journalists, pundits, and other regular contributors on the payroll. Here are just a few.

Joe Scaborough
    Nicolle Wallace
    Hugh Hewitt
    John Podhoretz
    Steve Schmidt
    Pete Williams

Though I am sure there are more.

So, how many Democrats/Liberals are there on Fox News?
    There are a few (Juan Williams, James Carville, Jessica Tarlov, Donna Brazille, Dennis Kucinich, etc) although looking up the answer to this question did lead to multiple articles about sexual harassment settlements.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Did Fox News give her a show of her own like Scarborough or Wallace, the people we were talking about?

False equivalency, yet again. Especially because I can only find one video of her appearing on the network while doing a search since March 2019 when it was announced they'd "hired" her about once a month. That's it.
    Hewitt has not had a show for a while, and is on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There are a few (Juan Williams, James Carville, Jessica Tarlov, Donna Brazille, Dennis Kucinich, etc) although looking up the answer to this question did lead to multiple articles about sexual harassment settlements.
    Seems like Marie Harf just left to join Moulton's campaign.

Hewitt has not had a show for a while, and is on that list.
    Hewitt still appears as a pundit for panel discussions, and he is still on the payroll whether he has his own show or not.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Hewitt still appears as a pundit for panel discussions, and he is still on the payroll whether he has his own show or not.
    Which would mean he has the same job as Brazile.

Which would mean he has the same job as Brazile.
    I don't think Donna Brazile is going to last long on Fox. Give it til November, if she hasn't broken ties with them by then I'd be surprised.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I don't think Donna Brazile is going to last long on Fox. Give it til November, if she hasn't broken ties with them by then I'd be surprised.
    Could be.

Doesn't change that she and Harf having had jobs there casts doubt on the idea that Smith "Would be it..." for Democrats employed in by the network.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 07-28-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 07-28-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Rick Scott is still awful. Just a reminder.

CHUCK TODD: Senator, do you think Trump's racial tweets are good politics?

@SenRickScott: Well, Rep Cummings attacked our border agents

T: So that justifies a racial resentment tweet?

SCOTT: Look, I didn't do the tweets. I'm disappointed in Rep Cummings

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    The point is the way it deranged him and poisoned everything he does just like Fox. One can be angry about Trump and even protest without ranting about it every day like a lunatic and sitting in front of the TV, leaned forward and ranting the same way Fox news addicts do. MSNBC is designed to promote this reaction the same way Fox is, and I can't fathom why it's almost never called out for it. I mean, I know I'm gonna get the usual suspects in here with clever responses like 'Liar,' but putting one's fingers in their ears doesn't make it any less true. Even the linked article devoted a (small) paragraph to admitting that MSNBC causes the same reaction, though they try to downplay it.
    Yeah, this did not happen, bro. Cool story tho.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Liberals on Fox News are there to be punching bags, like Alan Colmes was and to punch leftward like Juan Williams being Islamophobic and saying black people play the victim.

Conservatives on MSNBC get to be the "good" conservatives. They slobber all over shitheels like John Mccain while the liberals agree with them, and have had their own shows. Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham got their start in the TV news as hosts on MSNBC. Tucker Carlson had a show on MSNBC for four years.

MSNBC is biased towards the Democrats but it was created to make money first and foremost. Fox News was created to be a propaganda machine.

Politically, MSNBC is center-right.
    Last edited by Rosa Luxemburg; 07-28-2019 at 11:09 AM.