Page 354 of 667 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 10005
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Liar .
    Has anyone DMed "TriggerWarning" to get him to come back and apologize for spreading lies, after he was corrected repeatedly? I am sure he was just mislead and will be grateful he no longer has to cower in fear of Antifa.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Networks owned by millionaires and billionaires aren't there to serve a leftist agenda.

Indigenous people demand an end to detention on stolen lands

Not far from a detention center in McAllen, Texas, Indigenous people will gather on Saturday for a demonstration, joining their voices to the ongoing chorus of protests over the detention of asylum-seekers along the U.S. southern border.

Taking a Stand on Our Stolen Land is organized by the Carrizo/Comecrudo Tribe of Texas and Native Voice Network on traditional Esto’k Gna territory.

“As the original caretakers of these lands and territories, we have inherent authority over migration and demand an end to these barbaric acts,” they say in announcing the event. “We demand the administration immediately dismantle detention facilities and family separations and stop border wall construction.”

The demonstration planned for Los Encinos Park, not far from the McAllen Border Patrol Processing Center, is among several actions in recent weeks calling for the closure of what many are calling concentration camps. But as Indigenous people, the Carrizo/Comecrudo people bring a unique voice to one question: Why are fellow Indigenous Americans being detained on their ancestral land?

“We the Carrizo/Comecrudo Tribe of Texas are the First Peoples of this land,” they say. “We predate this country and are coming together to take a stand against the U.S. government’s response to the migration of our relatives from the south.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Luxemburg View Post
    Networks owned by millionaires and billionaires aren't there to serve a leftist agenda.
    MSNBC experimented with hiring Fox alum in hopes of drawing in more Fox Nes watchers. It didn't work out so well, so they stayed with what does work. And yeah, it's a business, but I'd rather it be a business that knows it's market, than a propaganda machine like Fox that is putting Trump above profits.

And yeah, I know Fox is still making a profit, but it's wagon is tied to Trump. If he goes down, so will they.

Liberals on Fox News are there to be punching bags, like Alan Colmes was and to punch leftward like Juan Williams being Islamophobic and saying black people play the victim.

Conservatives on MSNBC get to be the "good" conservatives. They slobber all over shitheels like John Mccain while the liberals agree with them, and have had their own shows. Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham got their start in the TV news as hosts on MSNBC. Tucker Carlson had a show on MSNBC for four years.

MSNBC is biased towards the Democrats but it was created to make money first and foremost. Fox News was created to be a propaganda machine.

Politically, MSNBC is center-right.
    This is probably the best take on it - I remember Tucker used to be far less extreme before he was part of the echo chamber.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Yeah, this did not happen, bro. Cool story tho.
    Oh, I'm sure ManInBlack sees it that way. I wouldn't be surprised if his father does rant about Trump from time to time. But my guess would also be that his father doesn't rant as often as ManInBlack would have us believe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    MSNBC experimented with hiring Fox alum in hopes of drawing in more Fox Nes watchers. It didn't work out so well, so they stayed with what does work. And yeah, it's a business, but I'd rather it be a business that knows it's market, than a propaganda machine like Fox that is putting Trump above profits.

And yeah, I know Fox is still making a profit, but it's wagon is tied to Trump. If he goes down, so will they.
    I have no idea why you think that last paragraph is true. It's not like Fox was irrelevant prior to Trump.

Unrelated to the quoted post, calling MSNBC "center-right" is silly. Then again, the weaponization of the spectrum against dissent is a problem in and of itself. In that I would blame both sides pretty equally.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

In only hiring the best of the best, Dan Coats is apparently out as Director of National Intelligence.

Who is in? Potentially, it is professional bootlicker and brown noser, Texas Republican Rep. John Ratcliffe. Of course. Only the best rat for the biggest rat.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I already am alienated from family and friends who would rather tell family members they "have a demon in them" because they had the nerve to be born interested in people of the same sex romantically. Cable news didn't do that so much as the 700 Club did, but hey, same fanatacism.
    I'm very sorry to hear that. I went through a similar thing with my extended family when I moved in with my husband. (I'm bi.) But I think it's important to remember that not all conservatives are like that. You can't just demonize millions of people and assume that they all have the same views. Hell, I've gotten WAY more shit for being bi from my gay progressive friends than from my friends who lean right. If you're involved in the gay community, I'm sure I don't need to tell you about bi-erasure and the 'choose a side' insults.

What are these moderate views?

If anything, I'm fairly liberal by the standards of 20 years ago, but by today I'm apparently moderate as my views range a bit back and forth. Not sure why I have to prove anything to you or why the insular tribe on this thread have the need to see credentials, but here-goes: I've been pro gay rights since I became politically active in the 80's. That might not seem like a big deal now, but it sure as hell was back then. I'm anti-war, and spoke out against and protested the Iraq war as well as Obama's escalations. (I talked about that in an earlier post on this thread.) I've been consistent on this and protested no matter which administration is in power. I'm generally pro-choice, though I believe that as a man it's not really my place to have much of an opinion. On the other hand, I'm generally pro-gun, though I've never owned one and I also believe that immigrants should immigrate legally or be deported. No, I do not agree with the way the detention centers are run, before that gets lobbed at me. I think the whole situation is a disgrace, but I have yet to hear anyone come up with a viable solution to the massive influx of migrants (I'm still hoping to hear one.) I call out white supremacists when I see them, and I also call out the violence of Antifa (both groups have sent death threats my way, so I have no love for either extreme.) By the general public's standards, I'm pretty damn middle-of-the-road, leaning left on some issues and right on others.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The idea of MSNBC turning people into rabid, brainwashed, paranoid lunatics like on Faux News is patently laughable. Plain and simple, that “Both Sides Are Just As Bad” bullshit don’t hunt.
    I'm sorry that you find reality so disagreeable. Even the obviously left-leaning article posted earlier clearly states that MSNBC can sometimes have that effect. I mean, if you're going to call me a liar, at least have the spine to spell it out directly. I'd assure you that I'm not, but we're all anonymous people on a bulletin board, so you're either going to take or leave my lived experiences and there's not much I can do about that.

The Fox News distortions behind Trump's attack on Baltimore and its congressman

New York (CNN)President Trump is getting a distorted view of the country from what he sees on the conservative talk show "Fox & Friends."

Don't believe me? Look at what happened on Saturday. A segment on Fox was followed one hour later by a presidential tweetstorm against Congressman Elijah Cummings and his district in Maryland.

Trump's hateful tweets fit right into a decades-long pattern of racist and incendiary rhetoric. He sounded like a caller to a radio show, not a president. Now there's a raging debate about what he said and what he meant.

He is defending himself by saying "there is nothing racist in stating plainly what most people already know, that Elijah Cummings has done a terrible job for the people of his district, and of Baltimore itself. Dems always play the race card when they are unable to win with facts. Shame!"
    Funny thing is, Trump sounds like one of those people talked about in the earlier article I posted, the ones who sit and stare at Fox news then repeat everything they hear and see there without any thought to facts or reason.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-28-2019 at 02:07 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    If anything, I'm fairly liberal by the standards of 20 years ago, but by today I'm apparently moderate as my views range a bit back and forth. Not sure why I have to prove anything to you or why the insular tribe on this thread have the need to see credentials, but here-goes: I've been pro gay rights since I became politically active in the 80's. That might not seem like a big deal now, but it sure as hell was back then. I'm anti-war, and spoke out against and protested the Iraq war as well as Obama's escalations. (I talked about that in an earlier post on this thread.) I've been consistent on this and protested no matter which administration is in power. I'm generally pro-choice, though I believe that as a man it's not really my place to have much of an opinion. On the other hand, I'm generally pro-gun, though I've never owned one and I also believe that immigrants should immigrate legally or be deported. No, I do not agree with the way the detention centers are run, before that gets lobbed at me. I think the whole situation is a disgrace, but I have yet to hear anyone come up with a viable solution to the massive influx of migrants (I'm still hoping to hear one.) I call out white supremacists when I see them, and I also call out the violence of Antifa (both groups have sent death threats my way, so I have no love for either extreme.) By the general public's standards, I'm pretty damn middle-of-the-road, leaning left on some issues and right on others.
    Cool, so you're solidly right-wing with some views that fall on the left. You lose any credibility as being politically moderate when your reaction to ICE's abuse of immigrants boils down to "It sucks, but what else can you do about them?"

You can go take a seat next to Meghan Mccain, Pat Buchanan, and Rand Paul.

BANNED

I wonder if Ted Cruz and the rest feel galaxy brained right now, now that one of them has come up with the idea to just make it illegal not to be fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    and I also call out the violence of Antifa (both groups have sent death threats my way
    So, what did Antifa say you did to earn the death threats? Or if they gave no reason, why do you think they targeted you?

Did you report the threats to the authorities and if so what was the response?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    In only hiring the best of the best, Dan Coats is apparently out as Director of National Intelligence.

Who is in? Potentially, it is professional bootlicker and brown noser, Texas Republican Rep. John Ratcliffe. Of course. Only the best rat for the biggest rat.
    Dan Coats was actually looking at Russian interference in the next election. Staring a task force. Trump can't have that because he knows he need the Russians to win again. Just like last time.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!