Page 360 of 667 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 10005
    BANNED

Cops kill and hurt more people every year than Antifa.

Let that sink in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I've seen the majority of people on "the left" make it clear that violence isn't an acceptable form of protest, whether from "Antifa", BLM, or otherwise.

The only real debate on the issue I've seen is whether it's okay to "punch Nazis" or just to cheer on those who do.
    I'm seeing more of what you've seen the last few posts. I dont like it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I just don't condone violence as a method of solving a problem.
    I don't either, in this case anyway, and didn't condone it in my post. But in the country I live being black has been the go to boogieman for well past 100 years. Even during a time when violent protest was the last thing on most blacks minds. To say nothing about how they think jewish people are literally trying to destroy white people and have since, at least, the days of Hitler. The far-right is not want for boogiemen. They had them before antifa and they will have them long after antifa is gone.

Ultimate Member

I'm seeing more of what you've seen the last few posts. I dont like it.
    I think more people don't like what we're seeing in my last post about that six year old kid being killed by a modern day Nazi white supremacist.

I see your point from a rational perspective, but again, if the leadership and it's followers lose their moral foundation, then people will react accordingly.

Likewise, when Nazis show up and start shooting up churches, synagogues and mosques, then Antifa shows up as well ready to punch Nazis as necessary.

That's not condoning it one way or another -- just observing the cause and effect relationship, and how people tend to support Cap more than Hitler.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-29-2019 at 03:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I don't either, in this case anyway, and didn't condone it in my post. But in the country I live being black has been the go to boogieman for well past 100 years. Even during a time when violent protest was the last thing on most blacks minds. To say nothing about how they think jewish people are literally trying to destroy white people and have since, at least, the days of Hitler. The far-right is not want for boogiemen. They had them before antifa and they will have them long after antifa is gone.
    I strongly agree with so much of this...but what was your earlier post about if not a justification for violence?

BANNED

I see your point from a rational perspective, but again, if the leadership and it's followers lose their moral foundation, then people will react accordingly..
    Isnt part of this wrestling with the idea we may be at that very tipping point? They have attacked some douchebags lately that fall quite a bit short of synagogue shooting Nazis....no?

Ultimate Member

Isnt part of this wrestling with the idea we may be at that very tipping point? They have attacked some douchebags lately that fall quite a bit short of synagogue shooting Nazis....no?
    Define "they" -- as someone pointed out, there is no centralized "Antifa" to speak of since many are almost anarchist by nature.

Regardless, I think many here already made it clear that if you're going to start discussing "violent" activities, then the focus is best served on those who are actually killing innocents -- rather than counter-protesting Charleston white nationalists and punching Nazis like Richard Spencer -- to promote their worldview.

That's of course a matter of opinion, but a valid one given the state of our White House and the growing epidemic of right-wing terrorism.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-29-2019 at 04:15 PM.

BANNED

BANNED

Define "they" -- as someone pointed out, there is no centralized "Antifa" to speak of since many are almost anarchist by nature.

Regardless, I think many here already made it clear that if you're going to start discussing "violent" activities, then the focus is best served on those who are actually killing innocents -- rather than punching Nazis like Richard Spencer -- to promote their worldview.
    And I keep pointing out it is a false dilemma that any comparison is necessary. It isnt. We can address the broken leg and the cancer while never comparing the two.

BANNED

And I keep pointing out it is a false dilemma that any comparison is necessary. It isnt. We can address the broken leg and the cancer while never comparing the two.
    Antifa isn't a broken leg. It's chemo.

Ultimate Member

And no one is stopping you from doing so -- not one person here has argued that any member of "Antifa" shouldn't be prosecuted for criminal behavior.

If anyone has, they are far from being the "majority of people" on the left.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-29-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Luxemburg View Post
    Chemo would be a solution that addresses the original problem of why people become White Supremacists.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

No, it is not.

The medical treatment that you are making an attempt at trying to equate it to can be controlled once a doctor has carefully considered what type and how much of that type is the correct treatment in a given case.

That is essentially the exact opposite of the role that Antifa play in the current situation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Chemo would be a solution that addresses the original problem of why people become White Supremacists.
    Not true.

Chemo is used to combat cancer, to stop it from getting worse, not prevent it. People don't undergo chemo when they are at risk of getting cancer, they undergo it once they have cancer.

Not true.

Chemo is used to combat cancer, to stop it from getting worse, not prevent it. People don't undergo chemo when they are at risk of getting cancer, they undergo it once they have cancer.
    Again, just wrong.

No one has "Opted" to undergo whatever jive amount of "Combat" you seem to believe Antifa is doing. They just turn up where they decide to.

Lousy comparison.