Page 366 of 667 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376416466 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 10005
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Whether I'd want "help" or not has nothing to with someone calling Baltimore "rat-infested".

That's not help -- that's an insult aimed at distracting from Epstein, Mueller, record deficits, North Korean missiles, and immigrant detention camps.
    Maybe rough talk were the only way to get ink on paper to highlight the extreme poverty that people are living in. Sometimes people only respond to tough talk.

Baltimore has been living under Democratic rule for over 100 years just about. I'm not sure how many years the city has been under extreme poverty but I'm sure it's residents aren't bothered by Trump's tough talk if it means that their living conditions could be improved.

Also in the Black community Black on Black crime is a very significant problem that people just do not talk about and imo this is probably a big factor why so many people are living in extreme poverty in Baltimore because they're probably afraid of speaking about because they might be shot by the neighborhood gangbangers or maybe socially or financially outcast in some way. In no way shape or form can any tell me that people are happy living in such extreme poverty. In my opinion Baltimore and other cities like it is the equivalent of living in a social prison guarded by people that look like you. And there's no way out because this is how they treat Black people the World over. Look at what's happening in Sweden with Asap Rocky. And there's still slavery in parts of Africa.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

There are more rats in DC -- this was all about attacking Cummings who is investigating him and criticizing Republican immigrant detention camps.
    DING! DING! Trump was already pissed about Cummings breathing down his back as chairman of the committee looking into his dirty dealings, that televised dressing down of the Chief of the DHS over the camps was the last straw, thus the attacks. Baltimore is nothing more than collateral damage.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    In yesterday's Antifa talk did anyone bring up the guy from last week who tried to set fire to an ICE detention center?
    When it comes to that, I'm never in a hurry to try to paint an entire group based on what could have been one troubled person. Even If I have my doubts about antifa's role in the bigger picture, I have seen nothing that points to that the folks involved are all for what that guy did.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    List of killings by law enforcement officers by countries

Now, the list is far from complete, and there might very well be differences in how things are reported, but when the US police shoots three times as many people per capita per year than Canada, or more than five times as many as Sweden or Finland or New Zealand, then one might have cause for concern. Especially since the number of shootings by police in the last few years have led to quite a lot of debate here in Sweden. (And then look at the UK, who makes everyone else look bad in comparison.)
    If you don't see it, it's because you don't want to -- after Ferguson, Obama implemented federal oversight programs to address police corruption directly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presid...ntury_Policing

This was the direct result of community activism and civil protest in said "community" -- the resulting investigation found systemic racism in the police department and addressed it directly.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...like-ferguson/

Trump opposed said oversight via Sessions.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1MK03Z

If you're going to base your argument on others "pushing aside facts" then don't open your argument doing what you accuse others of doing.
    Funny thing is that I wasn't basing my argument on others "pushing aside facts," as it was only a casual mention. Won't back down in encouraging more people to actively be part of the solution and do the right thing no matter what links you decide to link to me.

But you don't take my word for it then when it comes to serving your community. Take it from the words of Chief David Brown himself:

https://youtu.be/bUOO1ZZb8Is?t=358

Last edited by Electricmastro; 07-30-2019 at 04:00 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So Trump's Jamestown speech turned out well...

There was this...

WOW! #Trump's prompter often contains phonetic spellings because he knows so little and is such a bad reader. Today, George Wythe was spelled "With" for him. He just pronounced the name of this historical figure correctly and then, inexplicably, read out the incorrect spelling.
    Then this...

Wow. Trump's speech in Jamestown is interrupted by a protester who repeatedly calls out, "you can't send us back, Virginia is our home!"
    And lastly, there's this.

Mr. "Baltimore is infested" literally has bugs crawling in and out of his scalp

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    I just think that these people need help and we should provide the help they need. Jesus, who wants to live in extreme poverty with rats, roaches, ticks and mole. Jesus says to look at others as if you are looking at yourself. So you have to see yourself living in extreme poverty with the rats and roaches and not knowing if you might get shot each day you walk outside your door. If you were in that situation would you not want help?
    It may conceivably cause some people to join a caravan and walk hundreds of miles to another country with a self-described reputation as a refuge for tired, poor and hungry masses yearning to breathe free.
    I've heard such a place existed once. I wonder what happened?
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 07-30-2019 at 04:02 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

Baltimore has been living under Democratic rule for over 100 years just about. I'm not sure how many years the city has been under extreme poverty but I'm sure it's residents aren't bothered by Trump's tough talk if it means that their living conditions could be improved.
    No you're not -- you're just making things up and repeating the same tired racist tropes about the "black community" in order to try to justify Trump's racism and lack of leadership.

Try listening to the actual residents instead of lying about said residents in order to defend Trump.

Moreover, Republican-run states are usually the poorest and worst educated in the nation, and the same applies to many rural Republican run districts -- if you're going to make blanket party judgements don't just pick the ones that serve your political argument.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...es/1694273002/
    https://time.com/101697/blue-states-...an-red-states/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-30-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Funny thing is that I wasn't basing my argument on others "pushing aside facts," as it was only a casual mention. Won't back down in encouraging more people to actively be part of the solution and do the right thing no matter what links you decide to link to me.

But you don't take my word for it then when it comes to serving your community. Take it from the words of Chief David Brown himself:
    It has nothing to do with "taking you word" or you taking mine -- it has to do with the facts I just presented regarding police officers routinely violating the civil rights of African-Americans and how the "community" (and Obama) addressed that directly before Trump attempted to roll back said reform and oversight.

Maybe rough talk were the only way to get ink on paper to highlight the extreme poverty that people are living in. Sometimes people only respond to tough talk.

Also in the Black community Black on Black crime is a very significant problem that people just do not talk about and imo this is probably a big factor why so many people are living in extreme poverty in Baltimore because they're probably afraid of speaking about because they might be shot by the neighborhood gangbangers or maybe socially or financially outcast in some way. In no way shape or form can any tell me that people are happy living in such extreme poverty. In my opinion Baltimore and other cities like it is the equivalent of living in a social prison guarded by people that look like you. And there's no way out because this is how they treat Black people the World over. Look at what's happening in Sweden with Asap Rocky. And there's still slavery in parts of Africa.
    Politely, the attack that the President made and the issue that you mentioned are not really related.

Even if the city is not doing the best that it could be for it's citizens, that has nothing to do with that the President made an attack on the city that wasn't even remotely constructive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    It may conceivably cause some people to join a caravan and walk hundreds of miles to another country with a self-described reputation as a refuge for tired, poor and hungry masses yearning to breathe free.
    I've heard such a place existed once. I wonder what happened?
    That's not what the Statue of Liberty says.

From the people themselves...

- https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/28/u...ug-prices.html

Assailing High Drug Prices, Bernie Sanders Heads to Canada for Affordable Insulin
    “Regardless of what you think about Senator Sanders’s politics, this is the single biggest thing that has happened to the insulin affordability crisis,” she said before the bus departed. Ms. Nystrom, who defined herself as a “conservative Democrat,” said she had not endorsed any presidential candidate but appreciated that Mr. Sanders had embraced this issue.

“We’ve never had this type of media coverage,” she said.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, the attack that the President made and the issue that you mentioned are not really related.

Even if the city is not doing the best that it could be for it's citizens, that has nothing to do with that the President made an attack on the city that wasn't even remotely constructive.
    He did not attack the city imo. He says that the city was infected with rats which is true.

Ultimate Member

That's not what the Statue of Liberty says.

"The New Colossus" is a sonnet by American poet Emma Lazarus (1849–1887). She wrote the poem in 1883 to raise money for the construction of a pedestal for the Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World). In 1903, the poem was cast onto a bronze plaque and mounted inside the pedestal's lower level."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Colossus
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-30-2019 at 05:01 PM.

He did not attack the city imo. He says that the city was infected with rats which is true.
    Wow. That is quite a pretzel you have twisted yourself into.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-nixon/595102/

Unearthed racist conversation between Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon.

The day after the United Nations voted to recognize the People’s Republic of China, then–California Governor Ronald Reagan phoned President Richard Nixon at the White House and vented his frustration at the delegates who had sided against the United States. “Last night, I tell you, to watch that thing on television as I did,” Reagan said. “Yeah,” Nixon interjected. Reagan forged ahead with his complaint: “To see those, those monkeys from those African countries—damn them, they’re still uncomfortable wearing shoes!” Nixon gave a huge laugh.