Page 369 of 667 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    That's not what the Statue of Liberty says.
    Apparently it doesn't matter anyway. The sentiment only applies when Conservative Christians are using it to criticize others while ignoring their own failings and lack of compassion. Demonstrate morality before you lecture others about it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

These mothers wer killed by gangbangers who were also probably black. Black on Black crime and hate is a very big problem in the Black community. I personally see gangbangers as the enforcers of Black on Black hate and crime. The Democratic leadership look the other way so that these kids can pocket literally thousands of dollars a week selling drugs. They only ask that they keep the other people in their community in line. In my opinion they probably killed these 2 mothers as a warning to others and of course I doubt that there will be others in their neighborhood that take up their cause. How many more have to die?

The black community is being imprisoned by other black people in their community. And they can't speak out because they might get shot or socially cast aside. It's a sad predictament that our community is in. How do the Black community fight back against other more powerful and socially/politically connected Blacks? Only God knows.
    Politely, you are wrong.

See, that is what I am talking about when it comes to Williamson.

Edit: Credit where it's due, Warren is saying some of the same things.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 07-30-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I like how they stuck Warren and Sanders on a stage with a bunch of people with no chance so they could just try to say they are too crazy to win

Man, what got into Williamson?

These mothers were killed by gangbangers who were also probably black. Black on Black crime and hate is a very big problem in the Black community. I personally see gangbangers as the enforcers of Black on Black hate and crime. The Democratic leadership look the other way so that these kids can pocket literally thousands of dollars a week selling drugs. They only ask that they keep the other people in their community in line. In my opinion they probably killed these 2 mothers as a warning to others and of course I doubt that there will be others in their neighborhood that take up their cause. How many more have to die?

The black community is being imprisoned by other black people in their community. And they can't speak out because they might get shot or socially cast aside. It's a sad predictament that our community is in. How do the Black community fight back against other more powerful and socially/politically connected Blacks? Only God knows.
    ... what?

Ultimate Member

These mothers were killed by gangbangers who were also probably black. Black on Black crime and hate is a very big problem in the Black community. I personally see gangbangers as the enforcers of Black on Black hate and crime. The Democratic leadership look the other way so that these kids can pocket literally thousands of dollars a week selling drugs. They only ask that they keep the other people in their community in line. In my opinion they probably killed these 2 mothers as a warning to others and of course I doubt that there will be others in their neighborhood that take up their cause. How many more have to die?

I didn't reply to you for a reason -- I've already proved you were lying numerous times and there's no reason to keep going back and forth with you if this is your idea of "debate". No matter what is said you'll continue to move the goalposts and make things up as you see fit, so it serves no purpose to continue down that path with you.

"Black on Black crime" does not excuse Trump calling Baltimore rat-infested, nor does it excuse his racist attacks against other members of Congress in order to avoid addressing the issues with his immigrant detention centers.

If you think voting for Trump and the Republicans will help solve the problems in the "black community" then go ahead and vote for them -- no one is stopping you.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-30-2019 at 07:04 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man, what got into Williamson?
    Wow, that felt like an answer from her.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Wow, that felt like an answer from her.
    Look, I'm not saying she has policy. That said, she has been surprisingly on base when it comes to what the discussion should be this time out.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

The choice of showing The Hunt commercials is weeeeeeird. I mean, since they don't have The Purge or Republican Debates, they have to do this somewhere I suppose.

Man, Ryan is even on it here.

Extraordinary Member

Reparations was always one of Williamsons big issues. No surprise she did well on that. It has the same problem reparations has always had. It's always deeply unpopular with every single group that isn't getting it. That's not just America, that's across the planet. There's also no real precedent in this country or most around the world for reparations that don't go to those who were directly involved in the injustices. So it's going to be DOA.

Anyways FUCK John Delaney. Fuck him and his TPP supporting stupid face.

Williamson asking why some on the stage are running as Democrats?

Completely priceless.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Williamson asking why some on the stage are running as Democrats?

Completely priceless.
    That was fucking awesome. Honestly she raised her profile a lot tonight. She was viewed as a joke last debate. Sanders, Warren, Buttegieg and Williamson are the ones that look the best coming out of tonight

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    There's also no real precedent in this country or most around the world for reparations that don't go to those who were directly involved in the injustices. So it's going to be DOA.
    If you go back to the Coates piece that really kicked off this modern round of reparations talk, he does actually frame it as creating a system for living people screwed by policies that are part of the legacy coming down from slavery. (There is a specific case brought up in the piece about a situation where black homeowners were being forced into a situation where they were technically renting their own property until inevitably falling behind on payments to leeches taking advantage of racist zoning and banking. It amounts to a specific act of theft from a specific individual. And there's tons of that crap out there.)

No one seems to be addressing it that way though. (Coates has said in an interview that Warren contacted him at the time to ask quite a bit about the piece well before it was something that could win you points in a Democratic primary, if that matters to anyone.)