Page 37 of 667 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137537 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    *reads some Warren statements*

Have I mentioned how much I love Warren?
    After Bernie's performance on Fox was leaning toward him, but these swung me back over to Warren. I probably won't be able to pick between the two till the Michigan primary finally roles around.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    *reads some Warren statements*

Have I mentioned how much I love Warren?
    I'm really liking her a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm really liking her a lot.
    Making an exception for that she will most likely be "Stay The Course..." when it comes to Israel, what's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Making an exception for that she will most likely be "Stay The Course..." when it comes to Israel, what's not to like?
    Yes, there's nothing better to help Democrats choose a good candidate their party, which you're not a part of, then projecting the stances you think they will eventually have as a reason to dislike them.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 04-22-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Yes, there's nothing better to help Democrats choose a good candidate their party, which you're not a part of, then projecting the stances you think they will eventually have as a reason to dislike them.
    As is often the case, you are reading in things that aren't really there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    All it means is that voters today still want the same thing as in 2016 which is why Hilary lost: change from career politicians. Both Sanders and Trump were unconventional politicians and represented change in Washington while Clinton represented the status quo. Both Trump and Sanders still represent candidates of change perception wise anyway as Trump has been a fairly typical republican in policy if not words and Sanders is obviously a career politician though an unconventional one. Warren though represents a return to the career politician status quo. I believe she also has the least chance of defeating Trump in 2020 due to her own self inflicted injuries over her fake racial heritage that Trump has been beating her over the head with for years and will do so in the future - it galvanizes his base and will hurt Warren with minorities who will see a rich entitled white woman who lied about being a minority for personal benefit - doesn't matter if she truly did benefit or not as the perception will be there that she did.
    Yeah, I'm not gonna let this stand. This is all a load of crap.

As is often the case, you are reading in things that aren't really there.
    "Accuse others of that of which you're guilty", eh? You just literally got caught imagining things about Liz Warren, and your defense is to gaslight and pretend I'm imagining it.

Some good faith debating going on, here.

Don McGahn has been subpoenaed.

Will every Trump-Muller report hearing be Democrats asking relevant questions, and at some point will Jim Jordan and Republicans not turn it into a circus? Are there any adults left in the GOP?

They eventually threw Nixon to the wolves. With Trump, they might have already decided it's "ride or die".

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    "Accuse others of that of which you're guilty", eh? You just literally got caught imagining things about Liz Warren, and your defense is to gaslight and pretend I'm imagining it.

Some good faith debating going on, here.
    The only way to come to that conclusion is to ignore a lot of actual reality. Out in that reality?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/eliza...ends_n_5733164

Elizabeth Warren Defends Israeli Shelling of Gaza Schools, Hospitals
    Warren, in defending her vote to send funds to Israel in the middle of its war with Hamas, said she thinks civilian casualties are the “last thing Israel wants.”

“But when Hamas puts its rocket launchers next to hospitals, next to schools, they’re using their civilian population to protect their military assets. And I believe Israel has a right, at that point, to defend itself,” she said.
    If you are someone who has actually taken a minute to internalize that reality...

Being realistic about if Warren will make any sort of a real break from that is not "Imagining" anything. It is looking at where someone has been when push comes to shove, and accepting that it will most likely be where they wind up in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Yeah, I'm not gonna let this stand. This is all a load of crap.
    Yep. It's all crap. Keep in mind, too, that the idea that Warren got 'benefits' for 'claiming native ancestry' is all a product of the notion that claiming you're a minority is a way to get ahead, which is purely a figment of white resentment stoked by racist conservatives.

Indigenous peoples actual issues with how Warren claimed and handled this are /never/ talked about. It's always about 'but she got benefits!' and other such BS. When we're ready to have an actual conversation about what native people hafve to say on this matter, and their actual criticisms leveled at Warren over her handling of the issue, let me know, because there's legitimate and more broadly applied issues here than pertain to just Warren's handling of the issue and relates to the broader claiming of native american culture, symbology and heritage.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 04-22-2019 at 09:46 PM.

All that said...

The whole "This must amount to 'A Reason To Dislike Them...' " idea really only tracks in the whole "Against..." viewpoint that seems to often be the case in folk's posts.

Since I have already said that Warren is close enough to perfect for me, the idea that I will come up with a reason to dislike her is rather laughable.

That said, I'm probably not going to like her to the degree that I would if certain things were different.

That you cannot like someone as much as you would prefer doesn't equal that you dislike something about them. To look at it and see that it must be about "Dislike" is pretty "Blinders On..."

Edit:

Honestly, every word of the post actually goes for the entire field's approach to the laws the impact sex workers too.

That they have all taken an approach that makes it harder to fully embrace what they are running on doesn't mean that it is a reason to dislike them.

- Disappointed in their view of the issue versus the actual reality that impacts those workers? Sure.
    - Makes it harder to fully get behind what they are running on? Totally.

- Means that it is a reason to dislike them? Negative.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 04-22-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Full disclosure just going to disregard the forthcoming dozen or so posts where someone tries very hard to explain how their imagination is reality. We saw enough of it about Clinton four years ago, and continue to see it about every Democratic woman for president, be it Harris, Warren, etc. There's actual relevant news happening in reality worth talking about.

Like say, Seth Moulton announced his candidacy for president, that no one asked for, because why should Tim Ryan be the only one who came at Nancy Pelosi and missed in the race?

Moulton just went on Rachel Maddow tonight, and tried positioning himself as the "not the guy who women hate for going after Pelosi", but instead, "the guy women should like because he supports the women Pelosi is keeping down in the freshman class of Congress."

I'm not going to be surprised if tomorrow AOC, Rep. Omar, Rep. Davids, or someone else tell him to pound sand because he doesn't speak for them. Especially because Moulton has a track record for not thinking that far ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    They're basically the types that say down with the status quo, without actually having an idea what they want to replace the status quo, or any care if what follows is worse. It doesn't matter to them that on policy Sanders/Warren are damn close, she's the "Status Quo" by their looney definition.

Hopefully this is a smaller percentage than the poll leads on, but I've mostly given up on the electorate.
    The irony of the situation is that the status quo IS the status quo largely because so many of them choose to sit out Elections when their candidate doesn't win the Primary.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    All it means is that voters today still want the same thing as in 2016 which is why Hilary lost
    So the 3% change in polls after Comey's statement had nothing to do with it then?
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    The irony of the situation is that the status quo IS the status quo largely because so many of them choose to sit out Elections when their candidate doesn't win the Primary.
    They don't seem to get that you can't install "none of the above" into office. The winner isn't the one with a majority of potential votes. The winner is the one with a majority of votes actually cast.