Page 373 of 667 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383423473 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 10005
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Tonight has been kind of jaw dropping. When Gillibrand has to be the person where you say "Out of these clowns, that's who I'd back." while you are actually considering Gabbard or De Blasio, somebody needs to get a clue.

This is like a clinic on "How To Get Potential Voters To Stay Home..."
    I don't think the DNC understands how damaging this debate is to virtually all of them

Just to point out the obvious, this was actually one of Harris' "Comeback"/"Defending Myself..." moves from tonight.

"Someone who works for private insurance didn't write my plan. She endorsed my plan."

That garbage actually came out of someone's mouth with a straight face tonight.

While Booker ain't my first choice, he did actually at least bring up legalization on the Federal level.

So, that wasn't a complete face plant. A bummer that it had to happen in the year 2019, but it's something.

Last night, it seemed like Sanders and Warren slapped down the also-rans but passed on attacking each other. So they both separated themselves from the pack, and looked stronger.

Tonight, your front-runners were Harris and Biden. They are not pulling any punches with each other, and Biden's not doing a great job of defending himself when DeBlasio or Booker take shots at him (Booker called him out in invoking Obama's name when it's convenient on successes, but not failures and it cut him. As I type this, Booker's hitting him on having his name on every Crime Bill in the Senate that created problems for decades). Biden's already dropped a "malarkey" and is robotically dropping, "the fact of the matter..." It's not looking great.

Meanwhile Harris didn't sneak up on anybody, and she's having to argue the more moderate folks like Bennet on Medicare for All. But she's not looking quite as cool tonight as she did a couple weeks ago.

I think Night Two is playing into Sanders and Warren's hands, honestly. No one is coming out looking strong.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Boisterously Confused

Joe Biden's time has passed. In 2016, would have been a different story, but he's missed his window and needs to step aside.

Goddamn, Sen. Booker is dropping the boom on Biden for this stretch.

Extraordinary Member

Booker is ending Biden's campaign and if people want to marry themselves to him they are going to be blindsided in a general.

Biden is getting bodybagged

Jeez...

Inslee is actually looking passable.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Damn good on Castro for bringing up Gardener.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Saw some of the debate on my plane ride.

Castro and Booker have been good. Not a fan of CNN constantly pitting Harris and Biden against each other. Booker is right about CNN just making this an ugly mess of infighting.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Booker is ending Biden's campaign and if people want to marry themselves to him they are going to be blindsided in a general.

Biden is getting bodybagged
    I'm not taking Booker over Warren or Harris... he is unlikely to win this primary...

But he's won this debate so far. He's gotten three audible reactions from the crowd for calling Biden out on bulls**t.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Gillibrand on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Damn good on Castro for bringing up Gardener.
    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Saw some of the debate on my plane ride.

Castro and Booker have been good. Not a fan of CNN constantly pitting Harris and Biden against each other. Booker is right about CNN just making this an ugly mess of infighting.
    Agreed, Castro has come off really well tonight, as well. He's not crushing it, but he's advancing the discussion on all the issues.

Dang, Biden just threw that elbow.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm not taking Booker over Warren or Harris... he is unlikely to win this primary...

But he's won this debate so far. He's gotten three audible reactions from the crowd for calling Biden out on bulls**t.
    I agree with you. Booker's a good campaigner, but that's all he is. He doesn't back up his talk and is bought off by donors.

But he can beat up on Biden all he wants. Biden's a hypocrite who has a litany of mistakes and hugs Obama when it's conveniant as a shield and then acts like he was just a guy in the room who wasn't heard when it's something to be critical of