Page 391 of 667 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 10005

*drops mic and walks off*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Star Wars as a whole is overrated, but Empire and Rogue One are good.
    Fake news!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    - https://time.com/5641038/democratic-...-flint-voters/If you want to look at this and say "No Evidence..."? Your call.

Meanwhile, folks are trying to tell you something.
    The fact you think this is true, or at all at level with the reams of evidence to the contrary, indicates that it's probably not worth my time having this discussion with you. You've made up your mind about your unicorn and there won't be any persuading you.

For the record, I think your style of thinking on the left is far too pervasive. And it feeds Republican wins.

Astonishing Member

Hmm...while Biden is the front runner, I'm not seeing how a former senator with a 40+ year track record to pick at is our most electable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    The fact you think this is true, or at all at level with the reams of evidence to the contrary, indicates that it's probably not worth my time having this discussion with you. You've made up your mind about your unicorn and there won't be any persuading you.

For the record, I think your style of thinking on the left is far too pervasive. And it feeds Republican wins.
    Unless you can prove that article to be a sham, I have zero reason to believe that those people and their opinions do not exist.

Meanwhile, any attempt a discussing that reality is usually met with "Uh, but I've got these numbers..."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Unless you can prove that article to be a sham, I have zero reason to believe that those people and their opinions do not exist.

Meanwhile, any attempt a discussing that reality is usually met with "Uh, but I've got these numbers..."
    Yes. Because thousands of data points mean more than a handful of anecdotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Yes. Because thousands of data points mean more than a handful of anecdotes.
    When the "Handful Of Anecdotes..." duplicates itself almost exactly election cycle after election cycle(see the "Wisconsin Minority Vote..." article from just after the 2016 Presidential election...), it's not a "Handful..."

Certainly not when it is different people in different cities.

If folks want to look how those folks see things and say "Huh. Acceptable Loss..."? Their call.

Meanwhile, the actual data points to that the moderate Democrat didn't even pull half of registered voters last time out in a general Presidential election(we won't even discuss the actual entirety of voting age folks).

Since the line this week seems to be "Cities Being Run By Democrats Are Being Run Into The Ditch..."

- https://abc7chicago.com/crime-at-4-y...-says/5434589/

Crime at 4-year-low so far in 2019, Chicago police say

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I wonder if Joe Scarborough (a former Republican) is getting a cut on this?

The Kentucky Democratic party has made $200,000 from "Moscow Mitch" merchandise in 48 hours.

The line of products, which includes T-shirts, coffee mugs, hats and buttons are decorated with a cartoon of Moscow Mitch in a Russian Cossack hat with the slogan "Say Nyet to Moscow Mitch". They've received orders from all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
    I bet that puts a knot in his knickers. I would love to see this develop into a grassroots swell against him and give a boost to his opponent Amy McGrath.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Republican Sen. Kevin Cramer held up the confirmation of a White House budget official this week in an attempt to obtain sensitive information about border wall contracts he's been trying to steer to a major donor, according to emails obtained by WaPo.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Hmm...while Biden is the front runner, I'm not seeing how a former senator with a 40+ year track record to pick at is our most electable option.
    Because Susan Sarandon was wrong about the effect a Trump win would have on voters.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A Majority Of House Democrats Now Back Impeachment Inquiry For Donald Trump

Speaker Nancy Pelosi finds herself at odds with most of her caucus on initiating impeachment proceedings. I've come around to thinking Pelosi is making an error by slow-walking impeachment hearings. I say, let the process go through, show the American people the evidence behind Trump's wrongdoing.

Trump Escalates Attack On Elijah Cummings With Tweet About Baltimore Burglary

The congressman’s home was broken into hours before Trump began tweeting racist insults about Cummings and his majority-black House district. To all you Trump lovers here, how do you feel about the President of the United States sinking to such a disgusting level? Meanwhile....

Nikki Haley Calls Trump’s Comment on Elijah Cummings Break-In ‘So Unnecessary’

Trump Says Kim Jong Un Won’t ‘Disappoint His Friend, President Trump,’ Despite Missile Tests

The North Korean dictator will “do the right thing,” insists Trump. If Dolt45 really believes that, then he's even dumber than I already thought.

Tomi Lahren’s Fox News Colleagues Slam Her ‘Disgusting’ Attack On Kamala Harris

“Do you have any idea how damaging this is to women who’ve actually been sexually harassed, assaulted or demeaned in the workplace?” asked Britt McHenry. No, Britt, Tomi Loco DOESN'T have any idea.

Ben Folds Hits Expert-Level Trolling Status With ‘Moscow Mitch’ Song Debut

The rock musician turned the Senate majority leader’s new nickname into an audience singalong. Oh, this is rich beyond words! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...analysis-finds
    17 millions voters purged!!!!
    That's how you buy your reelection!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Republican Sen. Kevin Cramer held up the confirmation of a White House budget official this week in an attempt to obtain sensitive information about border wall contracts he's been trying to steer to a major donor, according to emails obtained by WaPo.
    Why, in a sane America, his resignation for an ethics violation of this magnitude would be called for tomorrow.

In today's GOP, they'll keep him propped up for the next six years, and probably not even primary him when his seat is up in 2024.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

When Will Obama Stop Dividing Democrats by Attacking Obama’s Record?

Have 2020 presidential candidates begun engaging in suicidal attacks on Obama’s legacy by suggesting ambitious universal care policies, critiquing free trade’s effects on American workers, discussing the downsides of capitalism, and calling for a reduction in criminal prosecutions of undocumented immigrants?

Not really. For one, if you look at the transcripts, you find that almost none of the candidates who’ve taken those positions actually criticized Obama during the debates; in fact, Kamala Harris, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and Julián Castro only used the former president’s name to praise him or to suggest that his example supported the cases their campaigns are making. More importantly, though, none of those individuals nor any other 2020 candidate is doing or proposing anything that departs significantly from the path that Obama himself set for the Democratic Party.
    Someone “familiar with [Obama’s] thinking,” meanwhile, leaked to CBS after the debates that “the former president believes it’s appropriate to review and debate his legacy.” All of which would suggest that the invocation of Obama’s name this week might be motivated by something other than sincere concern for his feelings—something, perhaps, like the desire to maintain intraparty power by buttering up or advancing the interests of his former vice president’s front-running presidential campaign.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.