Page 406 of 667 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 10005

Cloudflare is ceasing it's work with 8chan and 8chan is already down. According to twitter.

Astonishing Member

The GOP are blaming video games for the shootings. I remember when they used to blame cartoons like Looney Tunes and the Flintstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    There were many things in the 18th Century we no longer tolerate. Slavery, child labor and women with out a vote , to name just 3.
    True, all I'm saying is that the country has ALWAYS had a love affair with firearms, and one could argue violence in general, which has never fully gone away or significantly lessened over time unlike some other modern societies across the globe.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The GOP are blaming video games for the shootings. I remember when they used to blame cartoons like Looney Tunes and the Flintstones.
    And Heavy Metal, people use to blame that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    And Heavy Metal, people use to blame that too.
    And comicbooks, let's not forget comicbooks.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    and anime. people used to blame that japanese cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    What about DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS: Satan's Game!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That was also true for Europe and the Isles up until around the time of the Industrial Revolution. The US caught up with Europe, industrially speaking, pretty quickly and then kept going. When Europe reached their turning point, the use of guns diminished. In the US there has not been any diminished gun use.

The US still has open areas, but nothing that justifies the level fo gun use in America.
    Exactly the point I was attempting to illustrate, thanks. I think part of the problem is the fact that the American Constitution is unique in so far as it's legal enshrinement of "the right to bear arms". Frankly, I can't think of a founding document of another modern country which so blatantly mentions firearms.

BANNED

I'm so over the assholes rolling out the gun excuses. I can't even muster the "**** you" they deserve.

While there were obviously shooting that rightly got more coverage this weekend...

- https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...518001731.html

7 Wounded In Shooting Near Playground on Chicago's West Side

Incredible Member

I wanted to share with you what I feel at the moment concerning this situation, I think Juliette Lewis's broken voice mirrors the emotions that I feel for this country that I love:

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    But he's right. Perhaps mass shootings are the policy equivalent of low-hanging fruit and it's easier to figure out how to save a hundred people an year than a small reduction in flu casualties or medical errors. It's also reasonable to worry that the problem can get worse as we get more copycats. But there are serious drawbacks to exaggerating the significance of a problem, as it means there's less time and energy for other issues. And it can cause an individual unnecessary stress.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t what Trump’s handlers did against the law? And why would they be doing all that deleting in the first place while administration sycophants like Mick Mulvaney are bending over backwards on TV news shows to defend Trump’s rhetoric?

My question: What did the Republican Party and/or the NRA pay Tyson to post stupid **** like that?
    How is he so mistaken that no reasonable person can express that opinion (IE- the only way he would say it is that he's been paid off)?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    But he's right. Perhaps mass shootings are the policy equivalent of low-hanging fruit and it's easier to figure out how to save a hundred people an year than a small reduction in flu casualties or medical errors. It's also reasonable to worry that the problem can get worse as we get more copycays. But there are serious drawbacks to exaggerating the significance of a problem, as it means there's less time and energy for other issues. And it can cause an individual unnecessary stress.

How is he so mistaken that no reasonable person can express that opinion (IE- the only way he would say it is that he's been paid off)?
    I imagine that most of the things on Tyson's list actually have people working on them, and don't have an industry devoted to preventing anything from being done about them. Except gun violence, of course.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I imagine that most of the things on Tyson's list actually have people working on them, and don't have an industry devoted to preventing anything from being done about them. Except gun violence, of course.
    I'm going to be blunt. If what happened at Sandy Hook (those poor children ) didn't change anything (nation wide) I doubt these shootings will either. I hope I'm wrong but fear I'm right in my assessment.