Page 407 of 667 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I imagine that most of the things on Tyson's list actually have people working on them, and don't have an industry devoted to preventing anything from being done about them. Except gun violence, of course.
    I'm pretty sure the significance of the constant stream of mass shootings to the people caught in them can't be exaggerated, anyway. I mean, we tried to 'ban all Muslims' until we could 'figure out what the hell is going on' but we have a lot of people who want us to be 'careful' to not exaggerate the threat of white male supremacist mass murders in public spaces. I wonder why that is.

Spitballing here, but...

Russians wanted to infiltrate our elections in 2016. Wanted to weaken our country by attacking those elections to destroy it from within. They also had a spy working with the NRA to funnel the Russian oligarch's money towards Trump. Trump, in turn, bends over backwards to give the Russians what they want, and what the NRA want. The NRA have talked like a civil war was coming for decades. Trump cut funding to the parts of the FBI that investigated white supremacists.

White supremacists with high powered rifles can attack minorities whenever they please motivated by Trump's words, the weapons they can get are thanks to the NRA blocking all sane gun control. Which, the Russians are fine with, because we're killing ourselves, and weakening ourselves from within, and gravitating slowly closer and closer to civil unrest where an insecure group of white nationalists try to go to war against non-whites.

I mean, a few years ago that might have sounded crazy, but...
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

I used to be a big fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson, now I’m just disappointed.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I used to be a big fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson, now I’m just disappointed.
    I agree. I was very disappointed that he doesn't see the difference between someone dying from a malady and people being murdered for no other reason then that the shooter felt they deserved to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree. I was very disappointed that he doesn't see the difference between someone dying from a malady and people being murdered for no other reason then that the shooter felt they deserved to die.
    I mean, the multiple sexual assault accusations are typically a clue that the guy might be a douchebag.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ons-four-women

I just don't know how much discussion whatever he was trying to do there warrants.

It seems like the "On The Other Hand..." piles has -

- Suicides
    - Handgun Killings

The idea that you can completely separate those from mass shootings is pretty suspect. A handgun killing isn't a "Black"/"White" difference from the folks killed in Dayton. Neither is a suicide by gun.

Murder is actually okay, because no matter how many people you kill it's insignificant compared to the heat death of the universe.

The rare chance for me to say something nice about a Republican:

https://twitter.com/SenMcCollister/s...78237899522048

The Republican Party is enabling white supremacy in our country. As a lifelong Republican, it pains me to say this, but it’s the truth.

I of course am not suggesting that all Republicans are white supremacists nor am I saying that the average Republican is even racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    The rare chance for me to say something nice about a Republican:

https://twitter.com/SenMcCollister/s...78237899522048
    Spinning off of that, perhaps noteworthy statistic:

Counties that hosted a Trump rally in 2016 have seen 226% increases in hate crimes committed within them.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I should add that 'MassacreMitch' is also trending, now.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

El Paso Mass Shooting Being Treated As ‘Domestic Terrorism’

Federal prosecutors are investigating the Saturday shooting that left 20 dead in a Texas Walmart as domestic terrorism and a possible hate crime. As well it should.

Mexico Considering Litigation Over Shooting Of Mexicans In The United States

Mexican foreign minister Marcelo Ebrard said the attorney general would consider litigation claiming that terrorism was committed against Mexicans in El Paso. I can't wait to see how Trump reacts to that.

Rick Santorum Suggests Unarmed ‘Soft Target’ Shoppers Tempted El Paso Shooter

The former Pennsylvania senator parroted a line often used by gun control opponents — that if everyone is armed, everyone is safer. Jesus Christ! What an asinine, but predictable response by Republicans in the back pocket of the NRA.

Democrats Call On Mitch McConnell To Reconvene Senate For Gun Vote

The upper chamber adjourned last week for its annual August recess. Let's see if Massacre Mitch will do the right thing. Yeah, I'm highly doubtful too.

Trump Says ‘Hate Has No Place In Our Country’ After Texas And Ohio Shootings

Trump spoke out broadly against hatred following shootings in Dayton and El Paso but made no mention of white supremacy. The hypocrisy is staggering since Trump has done nothing but peddle hate against anyone who ISN'T white.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Rick Santorum Suggests Unarmed ‘Soft Target’ Shoppers Tempted El Paso Shooter

The former Pennsylvania senator parroted a line often used by gun control opponents — that if everyone is armed, everyone is safer. Jesus Christ! What an asinine, but predictable response by Republicans in the back pocket of the NRA.

Got to say, this nonsense may have actually been more troubling than when this news outfit had Richard Spencer on recently. Someone should have just had them cut Santorum off. Never mind that they should seriously be considering parting ways with the guy.

You've got Jake Tapper making a show out of "Calling Out..." Republicans in government who wouldn't respond for an interview. Meanwhile, he lets that sort of garbage fly on his show.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 08-05-2019 at 01:38 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Got to say, this nonsense may have actually been more troubling than when this news outfit had Richard Spencer on recently. Someone should have just had them cut Santorum off. Never mind that they should seriously be considering parting ways with the guy.

You've got Jake Tapper making a show out of "Calling Out..." Republicans in government who wouldn't respond for an interview. Meanwhile, he lets that sort of garbage fly on his show.
    Makes me wonder how much of that is Tapper and how much is CNN and their obsession with being "fair and balanced" by keeping asshats like Santorum around.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Makes me wonder how much of that is Tapper and how much is CNN and their obsession with being "fair and balanced" by keeping asshats like Santorum around.
    It's hard telling.

I guess I would even feel a bit differently if Santorum had said something like that in a week or two. It just was not called for when he did.

There's just times where someone's microphone should be cut or their feed ended. This was one of them.

One other reason they should at least think over keeping the guy off of the air(Hopefully, this hasn't come up a few times already)...

- http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...c-bitcoin.html

Rick Santorum Is Bringing Cryptocurrency to Catholicism