Page 433 of 667 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 10005
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So you think Tulsi Gabbard is still a viable candidate?
    What's a Tulsi Gabbard?

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    What's a Tulsi Gabbard?
    The photogenic part Asian, part Native American veteran Millennial female Hindu.

(Sorry, when complaints about old white men abound, it's a bit off how much people seem to dislike her.)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Me too. I like Biden but his time has passed. Bernie too. I am not a spring chicken myself but I don't want to see people who are approaching 80 as POTUS. Trump is a bad choice at any age. People say Mayor Pete is too young but I'd rather have him. And I am afraid that Sen Warren is not going to draw a big turnout. I think the same people who didn't want to vote for Hillary will feel the same way about her.
    This sort of. I don't like Trump and want a better option in 2020. I'm just fearful this will be a repeat of 2016 where its horrible choice one, horrible choice two, or wasted third party vote where at least your conscience is clean (as I did in 2016).

I refused to vote for Hilary (I voted Gary Johnson in 2016) for several reasons: 1) Bill Clinton is rapist and I'm ashamed to have voted for him twice, no way was I going to vote for him a 3rd time as his being a former president would mean untold power never before seen from a first spouse, 2) Hilary is a sociopath who attacked her husband's victims and only wanted power, 3) Hilary never did anything on her own merit except marrying up and then riding the coattails of her husband's name first to a senate seat in a state she had never lived in and then as consolation prize to secretary of state. None of this makes Trump a good choice: as I said I voted 3rd party rather than evil or evil.

Warren's issues are different for me. 1: She's the absolute worst candidate to run against Trump given her lies about her heritage and how Trump has already killed her repeatedly with his Pocahontas attacks, 2) She and Bernie are the extreme left and will alienate the center and moderate votes. Warren is also obviously a liar based on on her past applications where she claimed minority status for her own advantage. She will not do well in the rust belt which is where Trump won in 2016.

A Trump vs anyone not Warren I'm 99.9% likely to vote for the democrat. Warren though would either make me stay home or vote 3rd party again - I'd wait and see if there were any local elections of note before making the stay home choice. I'm not voting Trump, I just want a good reason to vote democrat other than that Trump sucks.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 08-09-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    And guns, don't forget guns oh and god.
    Can't forget the Troops and the Flag. We basically just hate America.
    All Democrats spit at the end of the National Anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    The photogenic part Asian, part Native American veteran Millennial female Hindu.

(Sorry, when complaints about old white men abound, it's a bit off how much people seem to dislike her.)

Maybe it's the apologism for fascism, mass murderers and past history of extremist anti-gay positions. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Maybe it's the apologism for fascism, mass murderers and past history of extremist anti-gay positions. I dunno.
    Maybe that's a painted narrative, and not truly indicative of the facts.

When I saw members of the progressive wing of politics lambasting her for non-interventionism, my radar went off. Someone somewhere decided she was a problem, and the narrative fell in line.

She's not going anywhere, and I'm not a booster, but frankly it tickles me that she pisses Twitter off so much.

Astonishing Member

If you voted 3rd party in 2016 you basically voted for Trump with extra steps.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    ....I refused to vote for Hilary.
    I couldn't vote for Hilary in 2016 either (I voted for Gary Johnson as well). IMO, she is simply ghastly.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fact check: Bernie Sanders has made the same false claim about health spending for 10 years

(CNN)Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont is once again saying on the campaign trail and in interviews that the US spends twice as much on health care, per capita, as any other country in the world.

It's a claim he has been making since at least 2009, when PolitiFact noted that it was false. He made it again in 2015, when PolitiFact noted that it was still false.

Facts First: It's still false now. The US does spend the highest amount on health care per capita of any Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development country, but not double every single one.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I refuse to see it in terms of a binary choice, but that's just me. I don't believe in the lesser of two evils notion.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Depends where one lives.

And is a third party vote a whole vote for Trump? If so, what is staying home? Half a vote for Trump? What if you live in Puerto Rico?

Gary Johnson was a colossal dumbass. I mean, at least it's better than voting for Jill Stein, but seriously why even bother to show up at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Gary Johnson was a colossal dumbass. I mean, at least it's better than voting for Jill Stein, but seriously why even bother to show up at that point?
    Down ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Maybe that's a painted narrative, and not truly indicative of the facts.

When I saw members of the progressive wing of politics lambasting her for non-interventionism, my radar went off. Someone somewhere decided she was a problem, and the narrative fell in line.

She's not going anywhere, and I'm not a booster, but frankly it tickles me that she pisses Twitter off so much.
    Okay, but it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Okay, but it isn't.
    Why does she warrant a stream of posts when she's mentioned in this thread?

She's going nowhere.