Page 436 of 667 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Ironically after I just posted some reasons why I was against Warren I just saw this on my social media feed. Being a smart person in 2019 I googled to verify it was actually true and not fake news. One of her two Twitter accounts actually did tweet this. Please let a sane and rational democrat get the nomination so the choice isn't one of these two loons (Warren or Trump).....
    I use to tell a joke - "Wouldn't it be funny to see a diehard fascist fight a diehard communist for control of a major country? No matter who wins we lose!" The joke isn't so funny with Trump in the White House and Warren's surge in the polls.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-09-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I use to tell a joke - "Wouldn't it be funny to see a diehard fascist fight a diehard communist for control of a major country? No matter who wins we lose!" The joke isn't so funny with Trump in the White House and Warren's surge in the polls.
    Thats literally how I felt in 2016. We had sociopath Clinton and her rapist husband and communist Bernie running for the dems and Drumpf somehow winning the republican side. As every reasonable republican, like Jon Hunstman for instance, fell by the wayside I realized this was going to be a disaster election.

It was literally a "stick the fork in the top socket or bottom socket electrical plug" for me. Which is why I ultimately voted Gary Johnson. He obviously wouldn't win but it was the only non evil vote and I hoped that maybe he'd do well enough that a credible 3rd party candidate would get funding in future elections.

Now I know this won't happen but if I could influence the upcoming election I'd have Trump actually lose the nomination to Bill Weld (former governor of Massechusets and declared for 2020) vs Biden or Buttigeig (I think both are actually moderate but being pushed left for the progressive vote). Any of them would be a win for America.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 08-09-2019 at 09:03 PM.

BANNED

I'm not seeing the joke here, that's pretty much exactly what happened in Italy and Germany in the 1920s.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhh boy.
    Yup, I feel like I'm in an episode of Quantum Leap every time a "Anti-Trump" poster compares anyone running to "The Internet's Hilary Clinton" because BLANK* is some serious scandal.

HINT: It isn't, and it's not caging children in conditions that have killed several or crying crocodile tears & wringing hands wishing there was some way to stop the crisis Trump created.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I'm not seeing the joke here, that's pretty much exactly what happened in Italy and Germany in the 1920s.
    Well, I was in high school at the time and unaware of that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhh boy.
    Ohhhh boy indeed. I'm not touching the Michael Brown thing, no way.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Gary Johnson was a colossal dumbass. I mean, at least it's better than voting for Jill Stein, but seriously why even bother to show up at that point?
    Because I wasn't that stupid as to vote for a write-in candidate and post it on social media, thus violating the law. Also, in Indiana, we only had the options we were given, so no candidates from any truly fringe groups, such as the Temperance Party, the Communist Party, or my personal favorite party, Party World.

I pretty much went into detail a while back as to why I ended up voting for Johnson back in 2016, but again, at the risk of having some people rail on my ass, I'll be quick; I would never vote for Trump in a million years, but I didn't trust Hillary on a personal level and her health issues worried me, and I thought Jill Stein was a freak show. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Depends where one lives.

And is a third party vote a whole vote for Trump? If so, what is staying home? Half a vote for Trump? What if you live in Puerto Rico?
    We're not going down this freaking rabbit hole again. Look; I live in Indiana. My Democratic Party is trash. Even though we have people lining up to take a swing at Holcomb, the man in charge is most likely going to pick two-time loser John Gregg because undecided voters will pick Republican Lite based upon the notion that it's akin to drinking light beer, most likely forgetting how badly Joe Donnelly lost in 2018 by that point. If I stay home, my state votes for Trump. If I vote, my state votes for Trump. That said, next year, I'm voting for a Democrat... unless John Gregg runs again, at which point, I WILL write in a candidate for governor and post it on social media.
    Last edited by GindyPosts; 08-09-2019 at 09:27 PM.

If you can't make yourself vote against Trump at this point, thinking that any 3rd party vote is better than that damn flawed Dem candidate or whatever reasoning you are using to support your choice to not vote to end his presidency - You are just as fine with the deaths he's causing, the ones he'll continue to cause, and the hate he continually spreads as those who vote for him. There is no moral stance that includes "I didn't vote against Trump in 2020", unless you are lying to yourself and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    The photogenic part Asian, part Native American veteran Millennial female Hindu.

(Sorry, when complaints about old white men abound, it's a bit off how much people seem to dislike her.)

No, I was legit serious about Tulsi Gabbard. Like, I can remember Andrew Yang easily given how the alt-right fell in love with him due to how he just wants to give everyone $1K a month and are supporting him since they feel Trump has failed them, thus knowing who to root against this year, and it's impossible to forget someone like Williamson when you watched her talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Do you think a Biden/ O'Rourke ticket is plausible, or would Democrats prefer a ticket that showcases their diversity?
    Um... I seriously doubt they'll go with Beto O'Rourke as the VP nod by then, assuming his campaign will have fallen apart shortly after Iowa, and he's forgotten about. If anything, they may lean more towards Kamala Harris, whom I think is someone that has a chance to reach out to younger voters and possibly people likely upset they won't get to vote for Bernie Sanders once again, although then you're dealing with a clash of generations given Biden's unfortunate (but should not be ignored) record of working with the racist Southern Democrats, to which having someone like Harris would be accused of racial pandering by skeptics and Republicans... though, ironically, we call that the Buttigieg Special right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Um... I seriously doubt they'll go with Beto O'Rourke as the VP nod by then, assuming his campaign will have fallen apart shortly after Iowa, and he's forgotten about. If anything, they may lean more towards Kamala Harris, whom I think is someone that has a chance to reach out to younger voters and possibly people likely upset they won't get to vote for Bernie Sanders once again, although then you're dealing with a clash of generations given Biden's unfortunate (but should not be ignored) record of working with the racist Southern Democrats, to which having someone like Harris would be accused of racial pandering by skeptics and Republicans... though, ironically, we call that the Buttigieg Special right now.
    When it comes to O'Rourke, I'd have to imagine that the party would be trying to point the guy to something other than "VP"(barring a nominee who really, really wanted him...) He would potentially be too useful elsewhere to waste on a VP slot.

As for Biden/Harris, just feels sort odd to me. Even if you just had the shots she has taken at Biden so far, how do you really say "Nope, Totally Cool With The Guy. Nothing To See Here."?
    Last edited by numberthirty; 08-09-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    If you can't make yourself vote against Trump at this point, thinking that any 3rd party vote is better than that damn flawed Dem candidate or whatever reasoning you are using to support your choice to not vote to end his presidency - You are just as fine with the deaths he's causing, the ones he'll continue to cause, and the hate he continually spreads as those who vote for him. There is no moral stance that includes "I didn't vote against Trump in 2020", unless you are lying to yourself and everyone else.
    Hey, I already said I would vote for Biden. I think Warren could be as bad as Trump in her own way so she is the only Dem I likely wouldn't vote for this time around.

Astonishing Member

I refuse to see it in terms of a binary choice, but that's just me. I don't believe in the lesser of two evils notion.
    I mean if you choose to embrace gross ignorance of how our electoral system works, there's nothing I can do to stop you.

Hey, I already said I would vote for Biden. I think Warren could be as bad as Trump in her own way so she is the only Dem I likely wouldn't vote for this time around.
    Please, explain how Warren would be as bad as Trump is. Explain how any of the potential Dem candidates (with chances of victory) could be as bad as what we are experiencing?

I've asked the same question about Hilary many times and NEVER have I gotten a reasonable answer, but this isn't about her now. There's no Clinton in this race.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since that came up...

Caught part of the CBS national news earlier. Unless I completely misunderstood the way they reported it, the woman who is involved in the documents that were unsealed(Virginia Giuffre) said that she never had sex with Trump and never witnessed him having sex with anyone.

While that is obviously just one woman, it did stick out that they seem to have had a specific discussion.

Edit: This piece looks that way as well...

- http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...out-trump.html

Well, not exactly "Never Anyone..." but she did rule herself out and say where she did not see Trump.
    This is a different case from the plaintiff that filed a suit just before the election. In that case the girl and the recruiter also made depositions to the court about Trump and Epstein raping her. To this date, she has dropped out of the case, allegedly out of fear. I think it is quite telling that Trump or his legal eagles never made a countersuit.