Page 442 of 667 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492542 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I don't cherry-pick I show the good along with the bad. I believe in intellectual honesty.
    Then be intellectually honest with yourself: Does demonizing several types of minorities (All the ones Trump & The GoP are disenfranchising, deporting, caging in inhuman conditions, and slowly stripping the civil rights from) equal Warren's single DNA issue? Are any of Warren's crazy ideas as crazy as the Trade War we're in, the Muslim ban, The Wall, or the GoP Tax Scam?

If you are still being honest with yourself, is Warren really as bad as Trump?

I don't cherry-pick I show the good along with the bad. I believe in intellectual honesty.

I admit I don't like Warren for, partially, personal reasons. She'll never get my vote unless she apologizes for her DNA stunt.
    Elizabeth Warren Apologizes to Cherokee Nation for DNA Test

Warren Apologizes To Cherokee Nation For DNA Test

Elizabeth Warren Apologized to Cherokee Nation for DNA Test
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's like how, being that I'm Catholic, I took offense to Sanders behavior when he went to the Vatican in 2016.

I do have a question though. Was it common knowledge that Native American tribes took offense at the use of DNA tests? Should she have known ahead of time? Also, it didn't seem to me like she was trying to acquire Tribal Citizenship, just wanted to confirm the possibility that one of her ancestors may have been Native American. It's true, she shouldn't have publicized it, but was she aware that she shouldn't have publicized it at the time?

I had not realized until then that there was an issue regarding DNA testing.
    Fairly common knowledge after the fact. Native Americans were unhappy that Warren claimed she was Native before the test. People felt she was using that status to bolster her political standing. One of the issues is she used this claim to obtain special educational consideration. Maybe she honestly thought she had significant Native blood but after the DNA results came back she should have admitted she was wrong, that is what most people find offensive her doubling down.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The first two links are opinion pieces. The last one has merit but trump supporters are being hypocritical since they're fine with trump calling her 'Pocahontas'...then again, his supporters have no issues with trump's racism.
    Speaking of Trump racism, let's go for Asian racism!

Dear god, how are you still alive WBE? This year felt worse than the last year for Trump.

Fairly common knowledge after the fact. Native Americans were unhappy that Warren claimed she was Native before the test. People felt she was using that status to bolster her political standing. One of the issues is she used this claim to obtain special educational consideration. Maybe she honestly thought she had significant Native blood but after the DNA results came back she should have admitted she was wrong, that is what most people find offensive her doubling down.
    Well, as I posted, she did apologize directly and in person.

I was unaware. Thanks for the links.
    In that case:

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Then be intellectually honest with yourself: Does demonizing several types of minorities (All the ones Trump & The GoP are disenfranchising, deporting, caging in inhuman conditions, and slowly stripping the civil rights from) equal Warren's single DNA issue? Are any of Warren's crazy ideas as crazy as the Trade War we're in, the Muslim ban, The Wall, or the GoP Tax Scam?

If you are still being honest with yourself, is Warren really as bad as Trump?

In that case:
    She still did it and was forced to apologize by public pressure so, nope.

She still did it and was forced to apologize by public pressure so, nope.
    So, in answer to multiple "Are these as bad" questions your answer is "Nope", but it's clear from the context of your post that the answer you meant is "Yup".

Your flubbed answer is more truthful.

I was unaware. Thanks for the links.
    As far as I'm concerned, you have a right to like or dislike, vote for or against anyone you wanted. But I thought you should at least know about the apology.

So, in answer to multiple "Are these as bad" questions your answer is "Nope", but it's clear from the context of your post that the answer you meant is "Yup".

Your flubbed answer is more truthful.
    Whatever you say, pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you have a right to like or dislike, vote for or against anyone you wanted. But I thought you should at least know about the apology.
    And I am thankful for you telling me and also for you respecting that people have a right to their opinion.

And I am thankful for you telling me and also for you respecting that people have a right to their opinion.
    As long as they are informed that their opinion flies in the face of facts I have no problems with people maintaining controversial opinions, it allows me to determine whether they should be listened to seriously or not and to evaluate their reading comprehension skills if I interact with them online as opposed to in-person.

No one has the right to have their opinion unchallenged if they broadcast it publicly, but they do have the right to refuse to change it.

BANNED

Which video game made all these rich people become pedophiles??

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Which video game made all these rich people become pedophiles??
    The correct answer is Yoshi's Island with all those sweet baby versions of our favorite characters riding around on dinosaurs.

Ah, I made myself cringe with that comment,,yuck.