Page 443 of 667 FirstFirst ... 343393433439440441442443444445446447453493543 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 10005

Not that it will matter to those who make up their minds sans facts. But Warren's Native American claims were not involved in her acceptance to Harvard or Texas education.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...O0K/story.html

But like Hillary's Email nonstory, people have to find some nonsense to fixate on so they can keep supporting Trump.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    She still did it and was forced to apologize by public pressure so, nope.
    So what would it take? If Warren came to your house and got down on her knees and begged for your forgiveness, would that do it? Or is she forever branded as evil because of one mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So what would it take? If Warren came to your house and got down on her knees and begged for your forgiveness, would that do it? Or is she forever branded as evil because of one mistake?
    Not evil just insensitive and opportunistic, IMO. But I've wasted enough words on her this will be my last post regarding this subject.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

"I'll vot e for a woman just not THAT woman. She's just so calculating"

That sounds familiar.

The World’s Wealthiest Family Gets $4 Million Richer Every Hour

The 25 wealthiest dynasties on the planet control $1.4 trillion
    August 10, 2019

The numbers are mind-boggling: $70,000 per minute, $4 million per hour, $100 million per day.

That’s how quickly the fortune of the Waltons, the clan behind Walmart Inc., has been growing since last year’s Bloomberg ranking of the world’s richest families.

At that rate, their wealth would’ve expanded about $23,000 since you began reading this. A new Walmart associate in the U.S. would’ve made about 6 cents in that time, on the way to an $11 hourly minimum.

Even in this era of extreme wealth and brutal inequality, the contrast is jarring. The heirs of Sam Walton, Walmart’s notoriously frugal founder, are amassing wealth on a near-unprecedented scale — and they’re hardly alone.

The Walton fortune has swelled by $39 billion, to $191 billion, since topping the June 2018 ranking of the world’s richest families.

Other American dynasties are close behind in terms of the assets they’ve accrued. The Mars family, of candy fame, added $37 billion, bringing its fortune to $127 billion. The Kochs, the industrialists-cum-political-power-players, tacked on $26 billion, to $125 billion.

So it goes around the globe. America’s richest 0.1% today control more wealth than at any time since 1929, but their counterparts in Asia and Europe are gaining too. Worldwide, the 25 richest families now control almost $1.4 trillion in wealth, up 24% from last year.

To some critics, such figures are evidence that capitalism needs fixing. Inequality has become an explosive political issue, from Paris to Seattle to Hong Kong. But how to shrink the growing gap between the rich and the poor?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not that it will matter to those who make up their minds sans facts. But Warren's Native American claims were not involved in her acceptance to Harvard or Texas education.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...O0K/story.html

But like Hillary's Email nonstory, people have to find some nonsense to fixate on so they can keep supporting Trump.
    An interesting read, but ultimately it will be ignored by those with closed minds.

That's how it is to many in today's political climate. They pick a favorite and will find any reason to deny or tear down other potential choices. We've seen many posters on these forums since 2015 who are willing to ignore anything negative about their favorite while believing anything negative about those they don't like regardless of how often the facts of the matter are pointed out. Acting like Cartman from South Park isn't an acceptable lifestyle as you can't vote for "Screw you guys, I'm going home"

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    "I'll vot e for a woman just not THAT woman. She's just so calculating"

That sounds familiar.
    It's always something isn't it?

And I am thankful for you telling me and also for you respecting that people have a right to their opinion.
    Some opinions aren't worthy of any respect - like, say, antivaccers. They want to play Russian Roulette, fine. But doing with someone else's life, and in a way that endangers even MORE people, well, they and their opinions can EABOD.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I guess that means they're just working 320,000 times harder than somebody making $12.50 and hour, is all.

BANNED

Isn't this how the game is played now? One mistake and you get shamed to the point that oblivion is the only thing you're allowed?

I think, politically, Trump would make a lot of hay on her past claims. I think if a Republican did this and had to take that much time to walk back their claims we'd hear a lot more scrutiny from liberals. However, I still believe Elizabeth Warren is a genuinely good person who means well. Then again, I'm not one to think shaming, doxing, or any of the other lame things done to attack people are good for our country.

"I'll vote for a woman just not THAT woman. She's just so calculating"

That sounds familiar.
    I'd vote for Gillibrand, Klobuchar maybe Harris (although her criminal justice record gives my pause due to allegations of abuse of power). What it boils down to is that I'm a libertarian. I can't vote for Warren (even if I liked her as a person) because she advocates for too high a degree of government interventionism from where I stand.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-10-2019 at 08:52 PM.

I'd vote for Gillibrand, Klobuchar maybe Harris (although her criminal justice record gives my pause due to allegations of abuse of power). What it boils down to is that I'm a libertarian. I can't vote for Warren (even if I liked her as a person) because she advocates for too high a degree of government interventionism from where I stand.
    I'm so sorry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Trump should not throw stones, considering he was in Epstein's orbit as well as Clinton was. I am not one to be conspiracy-minded, but his death is super sketchy and I would not trust anyone that was in Epstein's orbit.

Astonishing Member

I'm so sorry.
    Ha ha ha ha, anything that floats your body (if it doesn't hurt others) I always say.

If I may ask what is your superior political philosophy?