Page 45 of 667 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145545 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    He helped moved the window to left on some important issues, do you think Hiliary Clinton would supported medicare for all if she won in 2016? You can say "we should stop debating the 2016 election", but those issues from that election have not been addressed, so they are still relevant. Also its a false choice to say you have to choose between gun control and socialized medicine, you do both.

Third way economic centerism has failed, leaving ecomonic issues on the table ceeds ground to right.
    Damn, if you had said "corporatists", too, I would have had bingo!
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Agreed. Unlike 1974, Nixon saw the writing on the wall and resigned. Trump would rather be carried out of the Oval Office feet first rather than quit.
    Nixon only did because he worked out an exit strategy where Ford would pardon him so he wouldn't end up in jail.

Trump's too paranoid to trust in anyone else to do him such a favor. He's clutching at the resolute desk so he doesn't serve time in prison for his myriad of crimes.

Oh, and Trump is still devastatingly mentally ill. He now is pushing a conspiracy theory that the U.K. were spying on him during the 2016 election, and the Russian interference is NBD. This comes on the heels of the UK having begrudgingly invited him to the 75th Anniversary of D-Day celebration.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I wonder if the old idiot realizes he's just advertising Oswalt and the lady he's running against ? He can't be this fucking stupid can he ?
    It Might not be a bad move for him to associate a potential opponent, an outsider with an impressive military record, with Hollywood.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    This is the antithesis of justice.

You are creating a modernn-day caste of untouchables.
    I agree on the need to make it easier for former convicts to vote but the existing status quo isn't necessary great for them. The argument isn't whether to keep the existing status quo but how to change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I mean, impeachment is not widely understood as a process. Opening an inquiry into it is the first step and that opens avenues for investigatiion. The House can always decide not to impeach after the pinquiry starts. It's a process.
    There was a point that many voters don't understand that Clinton was impeached since he stayed in office. Hearings without impeachment (yet) is probably the best call for Democrats though there is the question of how the base will react in an ambiguous situation.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    You have four basic voters.

Republicans - No point trying with them.
    Democrats - As long as everyone sticks with "Any democrat" its all good.
    Swing Voters- Undecided voters
    Non Voters- Also useful to get to vote.
    AKA "Jerks", "Idiots", the Eternally Confused, and People Who Brag They Are "Too Cool for This World".

Even though I was a teen in the 2000s, for some reason, I identify with the 90s.

All jokes aside, the thing about partisan politics these days isn't that you know who you're getting to vote; the issue is making sure that they will vote for you. I keep going back to Donnelly since he's such an easy example to pick apart; you got a DINO in a state that votes Republicans by default that decided to campaign by catering to Republican voters, thinking he had Democrats in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It Might not be a bad move for him to associate a potential opponent, an outsider with an impressive military record, with Hollywood.
    I still find it funny, although not surprising, that conservatives have managed to perpetrate the "Hollywood myth" for ages when there's tons of right-wing cranks and old money who support and aid hardline causes in the entertainment industry and politics, but then turn around and play the victim as if there's a conspiracy that the film and TV industry is corrupting America with "liberal values" while reaping the rewards both ways.

Mighty Member

I love that MAGAs are cancelling their Netflix subscriptions because of that doc featuring AOC.

In that sense, I think the culture war has already been won by the left. We now own Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I love that MAGAs are cancelling their Netflix subscriptions because of that doc featuring AOC.

In that sense, I think the culture war has already been won by the left. We now own Netflix.
    And, speaking on media, I found a Twitter post by Andrew Pollack hoping that Jack Dorsey listening to Trump moan about his bots being removed would help give the right-wingers more of a voice (as if they didn't have that, contrary to what reality they live in) and one of the replies was effectively "Why not start our own thing?"

Starting your own wing-nut counterpoint to something that's existing requires a lot of investment from venture capitalists to lay down servers and software, a lot of sustaining donations to keep the thing going, and plenty of traffic to justify its existence. That's why so many of them fail spectacularly. People want the thing, but don't want to invest in the thing.

Besides, it already exists. It's called "NRA TV".

Right wingers are well-known to want stuff without paying for it, thus leading to those spectacular failures.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Intermediary

just read that Russia is fast tracking passports for Ukranian citizens living in Russian controlled parts of the country

can't wait for Russia to start moving west and see our impotent ass response

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And yet, we godless liberals are the snowflakes. Go figure. Meanwhile, since we own Netflix, does that mean we catch a break on that recent monthly subscription increase?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

No Collusion, No Obstruction - there has NEVER been a President who has been more transparent. Millions of pages of documents were given to the Mueller Angry Dems, plus I allowed everyone to testify, including W.H. counsel. I didn’t have to do this, but now they want more.....
    I stopped at the bolded word. Talk to me after tax returns are released.

Captain Marvel made over a billion dollars (of which over $400 million of that was domestically) despite their protests.

Who hit the Clinton Button!? I thought I disconnected that thing.

When will the incels decide that "Netflix and chill" is an evil communist plot against them?
    Hopefully soon, that will be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Captain Marvel made over a billion dollars (of which over $400 million of that was domestically) despite their protests.

I don't know about trying to pin the blame there for that.

While it might have been a component most of the "Who" that we know of points to motivations outside of whatever falls under the "MAGA" umbrella.