Page 455 of 667 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465505555 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 10005
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

So, basically; you should starve yourself to make up for the fact that the rainforest is being mowed down to make room for substandard grazing and farmland. Unfortunately, Brazilians elected him, and will likely keep him in office due to his cult of personality.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    So, basically; you should starve yourself to make up for the fact that the rainforest is being mowed down to make room for substandard grazing and farmland. Unfortunately, Brazilians elected him, and will likely keep him in office due to his cult of personality.
    ...well, on that subject, here's a NYTs article on how the cult of Bolsanaro got built.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/11/w...be-brazil.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump administration releases new 'public charge' rule making it easier to reject immigrants

Top immigration official Ken Cuccinelli briefs reporters — live updates

AKA "We only want you if you are wealthy enough to play golf at Mar a Lago and grease Trump's palm with lots of cash"
    So, who is in favor of legal immigrants who are public charges?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    You are aware that those people who are likely to become public charges are the ones we depend upon to keep our agricultural system working, I hope? People of means aren't willing to travel from harvest to harvest for work, they tend to want to put down roots and enjoy some stability. Even 1st generation immigrants aren't willing to do that for more than a few years.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You are aware that those people who are likely to become public charges are the ones we depend upon to keep our agricultural system working, I hope? People of means aren't willing to travel from harvest to harvest for work, they tend to want to put down roots and enjoy some stability. Even 1st generation immigrants aren't willing to do that for more than a few years.
    And aside from this, anyone can fall on hard times. The 'public charges' nonsense is just a further attempt to restrict immigration to the already well to do and white.

Who is in favor of Farmers who are public charges? Now that Trump has put so many of them on Welfare.

Tell me that you, or anyone in your family, has never accepted help from the Government. Medicare? Social Security? Food Stamps? Lunch Programs for children? Federal Financial Aid for College? The list goes on.

You would be surprised at how much of an impact Federal or State Aid has on nearly everyone in the US, even if they don't know it.

Does this mean that each and every one of us who has ever accepted assistance of any kind should be kicked out of the country?

Also, who here (Among those of us in the US) doesn't have an ancestor who immigrated to the US but was not anywhere near what you would call wealthy? I doubt there are many who can say that their family was wealthy for generations and generations.

Should they have been kicked out?

I had a Great Grandfather who came here wealthy, but by the time of the Great Depression, my Grandfather was barely managing to keep the family house.

Poverty can strike anyone, so can wealth. Pre-determining who will be poor and who will be rich is insane and futile.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-13-2019 at 09:19 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

You are aware that many a Trump supporter, when talked to regarding immigration reform, are always rambling about how all immigrants, present and future, need to be of the "legal" variety. None of this asylum nonsense. The problem is that this policy goes after legal immigrants; i.e., people who actually jumped through the hoops to come to this country. The problem is that some immigrants who come here do so by the skin of their teeth and wind up needing assistance for the first few years of their stay. As always, there are those who try to take advantage of the system, yes, but in reality, I don't think somebody is trying to leave a country where they spent most of their life to go to another one just so they can take advantage of a better welfare system.

By making it so that even the people Trumpkins "approve" of are at a disadvantage coming here, it further creates an environment of hostility and only makes them more dependent on welfare with a few desperate ones potentially having to resort to crime to survive. Again; I'm not suggesting just handing them fistfuls of cash as a "welcome to America" gift, as that'd be stupid. The reality is these people want to not just survive, but eventually contribute. Heck, a few want to become businessmen and women.

(Twitter)NPR: Ken Cuccinelli suggests changing the plaque on the Statue of Liberty

This fella is in charge of the Center of Citizenship and Immigration Services, by the way.

Here's an article if you can't access Twitter.

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/13/208036...c-charge-trump

E: TIMING!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    (Twitter)NPR: Ken Cuccinelli suggests changing the plaque on the Statue of Liberty

This fella is in charge of the Center of Citizenship and Immigration Services, by the way.

Here's an article if you can't access Twitter.

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/13/208036...c-charge-trump
    Well if they can't live up to it, edit it and pretend it's always been otherwise. It's what they do to history all the time.

E: Delete please

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    If we had a like button, you'd get one from me.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If we had a like button, you'd get one from me.
    Thanks, I just wish this picture I found on the above "EDIT THE STATUE!" tweet didn't seem to fit:

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Polls out of Iowa and Kansas say... not as much as they did two years ago. They're hurting, they know why, and because of who.
    They don't care either, as long as he "triggers the libs" they're happy, it's like the world's been taken over by internet trolls.

Stock market was down 300, up 600, down 100, up 400 ... this is going to be wild ride.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    They don't care either, as long as he "triggers the libs" they're happy, it's like the world's been taken over by internet trolls.
    For a while after the 2016 election there were a few posters here praising Trump and Putin for 'Masterful Trolling' but when repeatedly asked how Trolling would be a good thing in global politics they never responded.