Page 464 of 667 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514564 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    As the token Republican here, I will just say what the f***.
    You give me hope this day, that there are bridges too far for you.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A feather in the hat of #MoscowMitch.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    As the token Republican here, I will just say what the f***.
    If only all of the Republicans disgusted by Steve Kings behavior would speak up.
    Oh well, better to keep quiet and stay in line.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Iowa Farmers Turn on Trump After Feeling the Sting of China Tariffs

This is happening mmore and more as Farmers are reaching a breaking point.
    The rural voting bloc has all sorts of reason to turn on Trump. Choosing a candidate with a chance at their votes is essential to winning IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    The rural voting bloc has all sorts of reason to turn on Trump. Choosing a candidate with a chance at their votes is essential to winning IMO.
    But abortion and gay marriage!!!

Suspect In Custody After Hours-Long Standoff With Philadelphia Police

A gunman shot and injured six officers and took several people hostage during the standoff, police said. I watched the drama unfold while at the gym yesterday. It was scary and then some.

Hatred For The Endangered Species Act Runs Deep At Trump’s Interior Department

Agency officials have slammed the 1973 law as “a sword to tear down the American economy” and likened species listings to “incoming Scud missiles.” Just a reminder to these scumbags that mankind are stewards of the planet and it's fauna, not their overlords as those vermin think.

What You Need To Know About The Newark Lead Contamination Crisis

Mayor Ras Baraka is facing calls to step down amid the crisis. Considering the country's aging infrastructure, a problem which hasn't been seriously addressed, it's a wonder this sort of thing isn't happening nationwide.

What Trump’s Immigration And Welfare Policies Have In Common

Both pander to white resentment. Yep, pretty much.

Tea Party Ex-Congressman Joe Walsh Apologizes For Helping Elect ‘Unfit Con Man’ Trump

The former Illinois representative urges a new primary challenge for the “reckless” and “incompetent” president. Thanks a lot, dude!

Autopsy finds broken bones in Jeffrey Epstein’s neck, deepening questions around his death

An autopsy found that financier Jeffrey Epstein sustained multiple breaks in his neck bones, according to two people familiar with the findings, deepening the mystery about the circumstances around his death.

Among the bones broken in Epstein’s neck was the hyoid bone, which in men is near the Adam’s apple. Such breaks can occur in those who hang themselves, particularly if they are older, according to forensics experts and studies on the subject. But they are more common in victims of homicide by strangulation, the experts said.

The details are the first findings to emerge from the autopsy of Epstein, a convicted sex offender and multimillionaire in federal custody on charges of sex trafficking. He died early Saturday morning after guards found him hanging in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan and he could not be revived.
    Attorney General William P. Barr, whose department oversees the Bureau of Prisons facility where Epstein died, has described his death as an “apparent suicide.” Justice officials declined to comment on the new information from Epstein’s autopsy.

The office of New York City’s chief medical examiner, Barbara Sampson, completed an autopsy of Epstein’s body Sunday. But Sampson listed the cause of his death as pending.

Asked about the neck injuries Sampson said in a statement that no single factor in an autopsy can alone provide a conclusive answer about what happened.

“In all forensic investigations, all information must be synthesized to determine the cause and manner of death. Everything must be consistent; no single finding can be evaluated in a vacuum.”
    The details add to the bizarre circumstances surrounding Epstein’s death, which have launched a wave of questions and conspiracy theories about how he could have died in federal custody. Even President Trump has egged on speculation, without evidence, that Epstein — whose alleged victims say they were pushed to have sex with his powerful and celebrity friends — might have been killed to keep him from spilling the secrets of others.

The revelation of Epstein’s neck injuries follows reports that officers at the Metropolitan Correctional Center broke protocol and failed to properly monitor him.

Corrections officers had not checked on Epstein for “several” hours before he was found hanging in his cell, a person familiar with the matter said, one of a series of missteps in the hours leading up to his death.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Some local news from my area. Trump and Clinton owe Eau Claire some money for their campaign stops. Clinton owes around $7,000 for her stop. Trump though? He owes $47,000. Because of course he does. Of course he owes more.

Hey WBE, while you're updating your Trump stuff, here's a quick article for you to squeeze in.

Filtered Newark water still had 4 times federal level for lead. Feds don’t know why.

The drinking water inside two Newark homes contained almost four times the allowable federal level for lead, despite using nationally-certified filters meant to eliminate dangerous levels of the contaminant, state officials said.

The test results alarmed officials across New Jersey and in the federal government, prompting the city’s first large-scale distribution of bottled water to 14,000 potentially affected households.
    “We’re totally in uncharted territory,” Newark spokesman Frank Baraff said.

It’s too soon to say why the PUR faucet filters at two of three tested homes did not work. Newark is conducting additional sampling to explain the unexpected turn of events in the now nearly three-year water crisis.

The homes were tested in July and again last week with the results showing that even after the water coursed through the filter, it still contained lead levels above the federal limit.

One of homes contained 1,600 parts per billion of lead before the filter and 57.9 parts per billion post-filtration. The other home had 112 parts per billion of lead pre-filter and 50 parts per billion post-filtration, state officials said.
    The results raise a new set of questions since the 38,000 faucet filters that Newark officials have distributed since October are certified to remove up to 150 parts per billion of lead. No amount of lead is safe but the federal government sets a federal action level of 15 parts per billion. If more than 10% of sampled homes are above the threshold, water systems must inform the public and take action.
    It's not just Newark

Elevated lead levels found in drinking water of Pequannock homes

Drinking water in several Pequannock homes has tested high for elevated levels of lead, prompting township officials to send out a notice telling residents how to reduce their exposure.

Lead levels rose to 28 parts per billion, almost double the federal standard, according to data from the state Department of Environmental Protection. Pequannock had registered only 3 parts per billion in the last round of testing, which ended in 2016.

But township officials said Tuesday that there is no public health threat.

The sharp rise was due to a change in testing protocol this year required by the state that targeted older homes likely to have lead plumbing fixtures, said Adam Brewer, the township manager. Only nine of 60 homes were above the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's standard of 15 parts per billion.

Pequannock's public advisory on Monday included several steps residents and business owners should take to avoid intake.
    Though not as bad, I suspect many NJ communities are going to be,. or have already been, impacted by excess Lead.

Back in the day, homes were built to a different standard. Many homes used Asbestos, for example. When those older homes are renovated, there has to be a major Asbestos remediation effort.

Lead from aging lead pipes is a much harder and wide spread issue to deal with. You can go at it house by house, but then you have to check the City system as a whole as well as the source of drinking water.

NJ is a very old state, with a very old infrastructure. Most of which hasn't been upgraded in decades, if not hundreds of years.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-15-2019 at 05:35 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

A thought. Here in NJ, it is not unusual to see and hear someone speaking languages that I can only assume are European or East European, and as you can guess they are White.

I doubt anyone would go to them and complain that they should speak English or that they should go back where they came from .
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

A thought. Here in NJ, it is not unusual to see and hear someone speaking languages that I can only assume are European or East European, and as you can guess they are White.

I doubt anyone would go to them and complain that they should speak English or that they should go back where they came from .
    From personal experience, it happens, probably not to the same extent as with Asian-Americans or Latino Americans.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Filtered Newark water still had 4 times federal level for lead. Feds don’t know why.

It's not just Newark

Elevated lead levels found in drinking water of Pequannock homes

Though not as bad, I suspect many NJ communities are going to be,. or have already been, impacted by excess Lead.

Back in the day, homes were built to a different standard. Many homes used Asbestos, for example. When those older homes are renovated, there has to be a major Asbestos remediation effort.

Lead from aging lead pipes is a much harder and wide spread issue to deal with. You can go at it house by house, but then you have to check the City system as a whole as well as the source of drinking water.

NJ is a very old state, with a very old infrastructure. Most of which hasn't been upgraded in decades, if not hundreds of years.
    It's certainly a troubling situation, one that should've been addressed years, if not decades ago. I fear Flint and Newark are only the tip of the iceberg, and if the government is dragging its feet (intentionally or otherwise) because those cities are mostly minority populated, then that negligence to correct the problem borders on criminal. I don't know what the situation about lead in drinking water is like here in Philly because I've been buying bottled water for nearly a decade now, and the only time I turn on the taps at my house is to bathe or wash dishes. Still, you can't tell me this isn't a problem everywhere.

Of course not. They could be yammering in Klingon and no one would say a damn thing, but if you're a minority, it's a different story.

BANNED

"BREAKING: Tonight an ICE Detention Center guard used his truck to run over #JewsAgainstICE, immigrants & allies who were sitting, peacefully blocking the entrance to the Wyatt Detention Center in Rhode Island (2:25:00). Other guards then came in and pepper sprayed us. We were there to put our bodies on the line to stop business as usual, because when we say Never Again, we mean Never Again For Anyone #NeverAgainParaNadie.

Jews have seen this groundwork laid before. We were taught to never let anything like the Holocaust happen again.

The Wyatt is Rhode Island’s only ICE detention facility, and it is essential that we show up and say we will not allow ICE to operate in Rhode Island or anywhere. Local, grassroots orgs like AMOR and The FANG Collective have been resisting ICE and The Wyatt, and we aim to honor their work and to build alongside them to #ShutDownWyatt and #ShutDownICE.

Until our politicians take real action to shut down ICE, and create safe conditions for immigrants and asylum seekers, we will continue to make it impossible for ICE to do business as usual. To learn more about our plan to take action all over the country, visit our site: https://www.neveragainaction.com/"

https://www.facebook.com/NeverAgainA...7423732430584/

I think the thing is, wondering why Congressional Republicans are soft-shoeing Steve King? They did take him off his Committees, but isn't there more that they could have done, in theory at least?
    The main step is expulsion, but that is very rare. It's been done once in my lifetime in 2002 when Jim Trafficant was convicted of bribery and racketeering. In 1980, it was done to a Congressman convicted of bribery in the Abscam scandal (popularized in American Hustle.) The other expulsions were mainly with members of Congress who sided with the Confederacy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    If only all of the Republicans disgusted by Steve Kings behavior would speak up.
    Oh well, better to keep quiet and stay in line.
    Liz Cheney, the #3 in House Leadership, is comfortable saying that the people of his district deserve better.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...-for-him-to-go
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I hear people saying Eastern Europeans are shady all the time. There absolutely is a prejudice there. And people who would know better than to complain about non-whites will do it because Eastern Europeans are (mostly) white.