Page 48 of 667 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148548 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Warren and Kamala are both great choices. My top two.
    Warrens my number 1, then Sanders at 2, then Harris at 3, then Biden at 4 simply because he’s the most I’m willing to compromise on to get a good crack at beating Trump. Everyone else either has massive negatives or no real chance

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Warrens my number 1, then Sanders at 2, then Harris at 3, then Biden at 4 simply because he’s the most I’m willing to compromise on to get a good crack at beating Trump. Everyone else either has massive negatives or no real chance
    Anyone who will beat Trump is my #1 choice. Policy doesn't really even matter that much at this point.

I know you've said before you'd rather see how it plays out with Trump the next four years than vote for certain candiates...I can't bring myself to that, given how terrible he has been for the country. Anyone is better.
    Last edited by ZombieHavoc; 04-25-2019 at 06:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Anyone who will beat Trump is my #1 choice. Policy doesn't really even matter that much at this point.
    A lot of these people won’t beat Trump. Gillibrand and Booker are just poison to a huge wing of the party. Buttegieg and Beto are two candidates with no policy that are closer to the right than most Democratic voters will accept in this climate (they probably do have policies, they just don’t want to say them), Klobuchar Tulsi, and Hickenlooper have no real shot of even getting there. Yang is too one issue. Castro is demonstrating some serious delusion and unawareness.

Tulsi is awesome on foreign policy.
    If your foreign policy is pro-Putin and pro-Assad, anyway. I don't want someone who gets plaudits from Russia Today for president.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    If your foreign policy is pro-Putin and pro-Assad, anyway. I don't want someone who gets plaudits from Russia Today for president.
    But on the insanely slim chance Tulsi got the nom you'd vote for her right?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It’s more not meddling in other countries affairs. I’m not in the business of propping up **** heads to combat other shot heads who are inconvenient to us. Whether you like them or not they are major actors on the world stage who are granted certain autonomy

Mighty Member

If you want depressing entertainment though, you can watch Bernie Bros and Biden Bros be shitty to each other on Twitter.

2020 is gonna be so fun.

I almost guarantee an exact repeat of 2016, but with Biden in Hillary's spot.

Man. We are a smart country.

It’s more not meddling in other countries affairs. I’m not in the business of propping up **** heads to combat other shot heads who are inconvenient to us. Whether you like them or not they are major actors on the world stage who are granted certain autonomy
    "Not in the buisness of propping up **** heads"

"Pro assad and Pro putin"

*sigh*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    "Not in the buisness of propping up **** heads"

"Pro assad and Pro putin"

*sigh*
    It’s almost like those two aren’t the same thing and you just made a disingenuous argument. This board is full of it sometimes.

There’s a difference between supporting bad actors and the act of supporting other bad actors or escalate conflict because it might hurt those bad actors. But I get how that’s complicated for some people

So Sanders went to an event sponsored by a “major” organization that represented about 1.2% of his constituents and some of them were unhappy?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

It’s almost like those two aren’t the same thing and you just made an disingenuous argument.
    Your going to be propping up Assad and Putin at some point or another whether it be through media, cash or materials. I mean one just gasses his own people whilst the other is effectively killing democracy in his own nation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Your going to be propping up Assad and Putin at some point or another whether it be through media, cash or materials. I mean one just gasses his own people whilst the other is effectively killing democracy in his own nation.
    And you’re probably going to be propping up some dictators who are just as bad because they are slightly less of an inconvenience to US interested to combat them. Plus escalate conflict that could lead to more deaths.

We’ve had a pretty shitty history of fighting are own monsters trying to play world police all the time. If the world collective wants to intervene, then do it

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    So Sanders went to an event sponsored by a “major” organization that represented about 1.2% of his constituents and some of them were unhappy?
    My response to this reply:

yikes.jpg

A lot of these people won’t beat Trump.
    Same can be said about the ones you listed above. Didn't an insane percent of Sanders supporters say they would actually vote for Trump if Warren was the candidate? Many Hillary supporters will likely cast a '**** you, Bernie' vote for Trump if Sanders gets the nomination. Biden will probably get beat into the ground with the whole creepy grandpa shtick. And many progressives don't trust Kamala Harris because of how she served as Attorney General of California. Unfortunately, none of them is perfect enough, and that's why Trump will probably win again in 2020.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

We Democratic voters need to get it through our skulls that it is not about any one president. All of them are gonna be trash on one thing or another. I don't like Warren's stance on FOSTA/SETSA, or Harris' record on the same and trans rights, and so on and so forth, but I am going to vote blue no matter who.