Page 491 of 667 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Even if Trump wins, if his win is far less than he expected, it's going to send him into an emotional tailspin. That in of it's self could be useful. He might shoot himself in the foot.
    A smaller win may smart, but he'll see it as vindication of everything he's done and wanted to do for the last 4 years and it will embolden him and inspire him to settle even more grudges.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm wondering if it's to prep for a run for Governor of Wisconsin in 2022.
    From the little bit that I caught on the news, it seems like there may be complications when his next kid is born. Accounting for that it seems like the guy and his wife have to both be around their mid-forties, the possibility that there could be complications doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

Honestly, I was sort of shocked that they are still having kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'm excited about it. because he doesn't have a prayer of winning. to become candidate Walsh he would have to alienate trump's base. and, as you said, he's just as much of a nut.
    I'm just interested by the fact that the guy's total lack of a political career means that "Demolition Derby..." is an option when it comes to how he will run his campaign.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Would love to believe that poll but it kinda contradicts every other poll taken this month. Plus the sample size is only 300 people. Real Clear Politics has Biden still up by 10.5 taking into account all the major polls conducted in August. But that’s still a drop from where he was positioned a few months back. Either way, I hope the Monmouth poll opened a few people’s eyes to the fact that Biden is a terrible candidate and is incredibly vulnerable.
    Recent polling has been all over the place. If Biden's position is lagging we'll probably have a clearer picture after the next debate. From just a glance on realclearpolitics, there is a **** ton of variability right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Recent polling has been all over the place. If Biden's position is lagging we'll probably have a clearer picture after the next debate. From just a glance on realclearpolitics, there is a **** ton of variability right now.
    I wouldn't place that much faith in the Monmouth Poll. Normally I would, but this time it's main focus is just NJ and it's sample size was relatively small. I'd like to see a National Poll.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I came across this online as an example of the unpredictability of politics. It's an SNL sketch covering the 1992 democratic presidential primary debate, except all the most prominent candidates don't want to run against George HW Bush because it is a losing proposition.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...debate/2859836
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Don't Defend Andy Ngo:

The conservative op-ed website Quillette announced Monday night that controversial right-wing writer Andy Ngo is leaving his job as an editor at the site, an announcement that comes on the same day that a Portland newspaper published a story revealing that Ngo witnessed a far-right group planning violence but never reported it.
    Ngo, a photographer who was until recently a sub-editor at Quillette, became a celebrity on Fox News and other pro-Trump media outlets after he was attacked by left-wing demonstrators at a Portland political rally in June. Ngo then became prominent as an opponent of political violence, with most of his criticism aimed at the left.
    But footage taken by an undercover liberal activist in May and described on Monday by the Portland Mercury showed Ngo witnessing activists from the far-right group Patriot Prayer planning a violent confrontation at a bar associated with left-wing activists. Ngo never reported on what he had seen the Patriot Prayer members planning, and some of the people involved in the attack at the bar now face felony riot charges.
    Yes, the attack on the bar that he witnessed the planning of did, in fact, happen.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/andy-n...-video-appears

I'm sure that he'll go on to continue receiving copious amounts of wingnut welfare through other sources but hopefully the wool pulled over a credulous media will be gone.

As for Joe Walsh: My advice to everyone left of center is to stop boosting his signal. He doesn't need the support and credibility you lend him when you do. He's going to take the money and credibility given as a 'reasonable conservative voice who opposed Trump' and run to try to beat a Democrat with that and proceed to enact the same sort of batshit policies that Trump would. Once you lend someone credibility it is very difficult to take it back.

So don't.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 08-26-2019 at 09:32 PM.

https://www.portlandmercury.com/blog...rom-the-inside

An article on the guy who broke Andy Ngo's grift.

Since 2017, far-right groups have flocked to notoriously liberal Portland to march, yell, and engage in violent clashes with left-wing activists. Most of these demonstrations were planned by Patriot Prayer, a small coalition of Trump-supporting provocateurs based in Vancouver, WA.

Ben has marched alongside Patriot Prayer for nearly every major Portland demonstration—events with such vague names as “Rally for Trump and Freedom,” "Freedom March," and "Trump Free Speech Rally."
    Sponsored
    The Fixx at the Aladdin Theater on August 27. Legendary English new wave group returns to Portland.
    What the far-right group didn't know was that Ben was a spy.
    However, in a matter of weeks, Ben’s long-hidden identity will be made public, meaning his days of being undercover with the group have come to an end. Video footage shot by this left-of-center Democrat will soon be used in court against longtime members of Patriot Prayer—including its leader, Joey Gibson.
    Another person he includes in the “grifter” category: Andy Ngo, a conservative writer who’s built a Twitter persona around filming fights between antifa and right-wing extremists (that, and trying to convince people that hate crime allegations raised by LGBTQ+ Portlanders are simply “hoaxes”).
    Ngo tags along with Patriot Prayer during demonstrations, hoping to catch footage of an altercation. Ben says Ngo doesn’t film Patriot Prayer protesters discussing strategies or motives. He only turns his camera on when members of antifa enter the scene.
    “There’s an understanding,” he says, “that Patriot Prayer protects him and he protects them.”
    He may have also put an end to patriot prayer for a while:

Since this May Day clash, Patriot Prayer and its supporters have uploaded edited clips of the fight to social media, trying to prove that their unprovoked attack was actually an act of self defense. Gibson claimed it was an impromptu visit. Meanwhile, Cider Riot filed a lawsuit against Gibson and six other Patriot Prayer members for acting negligently and trespassing on private property.
    People on all sides called for arrests. None came.
    It was Ben’s video that helped Portland Police Bureau (PPB) confidently secure arrest warrants against Gibson and five other members of Patriot Prayer who followed him to Cider Riot that afternoon. On August 22, a Multnomah County grand jury indicted Gibson and five other members of Patriot Prayer on felony charges for inciting a riot. Several of the men face multiple charges, including assault and unlawful use of a weapon.
    While Ben’s video of the clash is a useful piece of evidence, it’s his footage of the group planning the alleged riot that might put the suspects behind bars. This clip has also been included in a new motion filed in Cider Riot’s civil case against Patriot Prayer as evidence that Gibson had orchestrated the attack.
    Frigging hero.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 08-26-2019 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

As for Joe Walsh: My advice to everyone left of center is to stop boosting his signal. He doesn't need the support and credibility you lend him when you do. He's going to take the money and credibility given as a 'reasonable conservative voice who opposed Trump' and run to try to beat a Democrat with that and proceed to enact the same sort of batshit policies that Trump would. Once you lend someone credibility it is very difficult to take it back.

So don't.
    This guy ever having credibility is an impossibility.

It's a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    This guy ever having credibility is an impossibility.

It's a non-issue.
    You don't see his mentions on twitter or his retweets or the signal boosting and broadcasting he's received from people obstensibly on the left, so don't tell me that his image isn't being rehabilitated. It is. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You don't see his mentions on twitter or his retweets or the signal boosting and broadcasting he's received from people obstensibly on the left, so don't tell me that his image isn't being rehabilitated. It is. :P
    If we're talking about the usual clowns in the media or cable news outfits?

I guess someone could be attempting what you are saying?

Meanwhile out in anything like actual reality, this guy's image ever being anything like "Rehabilitated..." or him having any credibility is just laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If we're talking about the usual clowns in the media or cable news outfits?

I guess someone could be attempting what you are saying?

Meanwhile out in anything like actual reality, this guy's image ever being anything like "Rehabilitated..." or him having any credibility is just laughable.

Whatever you say, champ.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    All its showcasing is that....

1. Americas for profit system doesnt work
    2. If someone's that high profile you dont put him in a standard prison, or even leave him on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Slenderman got him.