Page 497 of 667 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Ummm, the fact that she ran to be interviewed by a guy who has shown a nasty, racist side to him and said white supremacy is a hoax.. you don't see the problem with being connected to that guy?

She couldn't have gone to Shep Smith or Chris Wallace if she wanted airtime on Fox. No, she wanted to go with Carlson there.
    She is running in a primary, and folks will factor in what she is doing and how she is doing it.

Factoring that reality in, no. Not really seeing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The policy appears to be misunderstood. It's more of a procedural clarification regarding the process for applying for citizenship. It's not about children born to U.S. service members and government employees overseas unless you have someone who hadn't resided in the US for five years. It seems to largely apply to adoption and children whose parents became U.S. citizens after the kid was born.

https://twitter.com/DLind/status/1166789650540892163
    https://www.military.com/daily-news/...mpression=true
    Yes, it's just a 'clarification'.

Where's that eyeroll emoji?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yes, it's just a 'clarification'.

Where's that eyeroll emoji?
    Probably busy expressing disgust with the bulls*** idea that Republicans care about the troops, when in reality they only think of them as a resource to use for war profit.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

This is the actual reality of who you are dealing with...

- https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/k...ones-killed-it

Democrats Say They Want a Climate Debate. So Which Ones Killed It?
    The leading 2020 candidates supposedly wanted a debate devoted to climate—but the Democratic National Committee shot down that idea. We should know who is responsible.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Despite the retraction, I think there will be more on this down the road. Remember, there was Trump's suspicious sale of a fading Miami mansion to a Russian oligarch known as the Fertilizer King. There's long been a suspicion that Trump is involved in money laundering. It would not surprise me in the least that Deutsche Bank would be involved in this. They have a history of being involved in money laundering
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-28-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Another story about Deutsche Bank, Trump and Russian Oligarchs with a little bit of Putin rolled in

It's a somewhat complicated story but the part that gets me is this:

In November 2008, Steven Molo, an attorney for Deutsche Bank, wrote a letter to the Supreme Court of New York about one of the company's most troublesome clients. At issue was $640 million that client had borrowed in 2005 to fund construction of a new hotel in Chicago. The client had personally guaranteed the loan, but a few years later, the Great Recession devastated the economy, and he defaulted on his payment, with $330 million outstanding. Deutsche was seeking an immediate $40 million from the client, plus interest, legal fees and costs.The debtor in question: Donald Trump, the future president of the United States.Instead of paying up, the New York real estate mogul countersued, claiming the 2008 crash was a force majeure event—one that Deutsche had helped precipitate. Therefore, he argued, he wasn't obliged to pay back the money. Instead, he claimed Deutsche owed him money—about $3 billion in damages....

Two years after Molo wrote his letter to the court, Trump settled his feud with the German bank. How he did it was bizarre: He paid back Deutsche with a massive lifeline—from Deutsche. Only this time he eschewed its real estate team—which wanted nothing to do with him—and got a loan from its private wealth division. This group typically deals with high-net-worth individuals, not real estate transactions, but in 2010 it not only lent him the money he owed its real estate team but also reportedly gave Trump another $25 million to $50 million in credit.
    At the same time that this crazy backing of Trump was going on.....think about it, the bank was loaning Trump the money to pay them the money Trump defaulted on their first loan......Deutsche Bank was nailed for the money laundering charges.

IMO they are getting closer to nailing Trump on this...maybe what it will take is for an insider to flip.

Quote Originally Posted by denniboy View Post
    Normally I stay away from threads like this. As I come here to relax and news threads dont fill that role. But something is really bugging me. And that is Jeffrey Epstein.

I was in prison for four years. In hat four years we had three suicides. Non of those inmate got an Fbi probe into their deaths. No officer was ever fired or placed on leave. In one case one of the inmate told the officer he was going to kill himself. The officer just laughed and told him to go away. That night the inmate hung himself. He was back at work the next day. Why all the over the top investigation into his death? I know what he did was horrible and he needed to face justice. I mean congress is calling for a probe. What is it about this guy that makes him so special. He is not the first human trafficker to die in prison. Does it have to do with the fact that he was so rich that he is getting treated special? It really upsets me to see this man getting so much special treatment. http://mamchandbuildinglifting.in/bu...-services.html
    Partly that he is rich.

Partly that the case was so public, especially with that sweetheart deal he originally had.

Partly because he was pulled off suicide watch just before he killed himself, and managed to update his will to shield his money from his victims just before his suicide.

Partly because of who he knew on both sides of the political aisle - it enables a choose your own conspiracy theory for those who peddle them.

So while his wealth plays into the narrative, there is much more to it than that.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The policy appears to be misunderstood. It's more of a procedural clarification regarding the process for applying for citizenship. It's not about children born to U.S. service members and government employees overseas unless you have someone who hadn't resided in the US for a total of five years becoming a parent. It seems to largely apply to adoption and children whose parents became U.S. citizens after the kid was born.

https://twitter.com/DLind/status/1166789650540892163
    https://www.military.com/daily-news/...mpression=true
    It's still another shot fired in Trump's war on all immigrants.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by denniboy View Post
    EDIT: SPAM
    I think it's mainly a combination of the case being incredibly high profile and the common person not really understanding how bad prison can be. They hear someone famous died in prison and they want to know why, and they don't really want to accept "Apathy" as the cause. And it is the most likely reason, just a child molester offing himself and the guards not caring. But I guess wild conspiracy theories are more fulfilling.
    Last edited by JCAll; 08-29-2019 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    She is running in a primary, and folks will factor in what she is doing and how she is doing it.

Factoring that reality in, no. Not really seeing the issue.
    So what you're saying is that, it's Tulsi. We shouldn't expect any better of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So what you're saying is that, it's Tulsi. We shouldn't expect any better of her.
    Not really.

Avenatti went on the guy's show. Don't recall it being much of an issue, or anyone taking the guy to task when he did.

As for Gabbard, it was done right out in the open. It's not like it was anything shady went down or a fast one was pulled. If folks are going to take points off for going on the goofball's show? Their call.

It's honestly a ways past "Dead Last..." on my list of reasons when I'm thinking over why I don't want to vote for her.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 08-29-2019 at 02:24 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Puerto Rico Spared The Worst Of Hurricane Dorian, First Major Storm Since María

St. Thomas, in the U.S. Virgin Islands, took a harder hit from the storm now making its way toward Florida. I'm sure Caramel Caligula was probably disappointed that he won't get the chance to return to San Juan to toss paper towels. Bummer!

Democrats To Investigate Trump’s Plan To Host Next G-7 Summit At His Miami Golf Course

The House Judiciary Committee is looking into the president’s proposal as it determines whether to pursue impeachment hearings. Good to know SOMEONE will investigate, because Republicans, as usual, won't say or do jack **** about yet another blatant violation of the Emoluments Clause by the Grifter-in-Chief.

Fox News’ Brit Hume Has A Searing Response To Trump’s Latest Twitter Tantrum

The president lamented to his supporters that Fox News was no longer “working” for them. Is the romance over between Dolt45 and Faux News over?

Virginia GOP Senator Smears Muslim Opponent As A ‘Radical’ Sympathetic To Terrorists

State Sen. Richard Stuart is out with a new ad against Qasim Rashid claiming he “doesn’t believe Islamic terrorism exists.” Oh, WBEEEEEEEE....!

Ted Cruz’s Attempt At Honoring Martin Luther King’s ‘I Have A Dream’ Speech Backfires

“Stop patronizing us with phony patriotism,” one person fired back on Twitter. I'm glad people didn't fall for Cruz's bullshit.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Partly that he is rich.

Partly that the case was so public, especially with that sweetheart deal he originally had.

Partly because he was pulled off suicide watch just before he killed himself, and managed to update his will to shield his money from his victims just before his suicide.

Partly because of who he knew on both sides of the political aisle - it enables a choose your own conspiracy theory for those who peddle them.

So while his wealth plays into the narrative, there is much more to it than that.
    Guys, it's a spam post. I already reported it. It's a stolen post lifted from earlier in the thread complete with a link tucked in at the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Guys, it's a spam post. I already reported it. It's a stolen post lifted from earlier in the thread complete with a link tucked in at the very end.
    I'm glad you're watching out for it, I didn't notice at all. I'll edit my reply.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I'm glad you're watching out for it, I didn't notice at all. I'll edit my reply.
    I just remembered the original post is all.