Page 509 of 667 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559609 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 10005

Trump Says a Recession Isn’t Possible Because Everyone Is Rich

President Trump isn’t worried about the economy. No really, he isn’t. Everything is going to be fine. Seriously. All of that talk of a recession last week and over the weekend, spurred by a few ominous market indicators, a sputtering global economy, and Trump’s continuing trade war with China, was overblown hype peddled by forces that want nothing more than to make the president look bad. After all, how bad could things really be when we’re all so rich?

“I don’t think we’re having a recession,” Trump told reporters on Sunday in an attempt to quell fears over a potential market crash. “We’re doing tremendously well. Our consumers are rich. I gave a tremendous tax cut and they’re loaded up with money.”
    Well I'm not. Hey, Trump, where's my money? My purchase of a multi-million dollar mansion and a football field sized Yacht can't wait forever.

:eyeroll: please.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Unlike U.S., Canada plans coordinated attack on foreign election interference

Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election rattled America’s next-door neighbor so badly that Canada spent the last three years developing the most detailed plan anywhere in the Western world to combat foreign meddling in its upcoming election.

But with the country’s national campaign to begin in a matter of weeks, one question remains: Will the efforts pay off?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seems like you might have assumed there was a "Zig" where there's actually been a "Zag".

Lots of insurance companies have phased out selling "Long-Term Care" policies. If anything, trying to cover that possibility has become less likely for the folks who can manage to afford trying to buy that sort of coverage.

Never mind that lots of folks are nowhere near being able to afford that coverage even if they can luck into a company that is still selling one.
    Fair enough. This highlights the difficulty of insuring something where the costs can increase greatly due to rising life expectancies among and any policies that increase salaries or benefits for home health aides.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I didn't know Meghan McCain was shilling for the gun lobby. That sounded like something NRA uber-shrew Dana Loesch would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Well I'm not. Hey, Trump, where's my money? My purchase of a multi-million dollar mansion and a football field sized Yacht can't wait forever.

Wait a minute! Everyone is rich? Really? Shit, that's news to me! Then why aren't I chillin' like a villain in a skyscraper penthouse in downtown Philly that's worth more than the GNP of Ecuador?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-04-2019 at 08:18 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Was there something to the bite-sized drama production around this that I just missed?

- https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/03/u...-virginia.html
    If the Senate flips then Manchin will become the most powerful man in the Senate. His vote will be required for anything the Dems want to do and he seems more like what gets referred to as a RINO than even a centrist Democrat.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 09-04-2019 at 08:37 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Where the hell is my wealth? I'm $60 in the hole in my bank after paying bills and sending money to other people trying to keep their heads above water. I just lost my debit card privleges.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Where the hell is my wealth? I'm $60 in the hole in my bank after paying bills and sending money to other people trying to keep their heads above water. I just lost my debit card privleges.
    Taking into account the service and late fees that go along with some of those debit cards you're probably better off without it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Taking into account the service and late fees that go along with some of those debit cards you're probably better off without it.
    Oh, I'm definitely going back to just withdrawing cash from the bank whenever I need to make an expense every time I need to buy something once I'm back to positive numbers. Just buying groceries to fill the pantry for a few weeks isn't worth the hassle.

Another Texas Congressman is resigning, this time it's Bill Flores in TX-17.

That's five Republicans retiring in Texas, alone.

The full shakedown, as it stands right now:

Two North Carolina districts await special elections on September 10. (NC-3; NC-9)
    One has become an Independent. (MI-3)
    One is resigning. (WI CD-7)
    Eleven are not seeking re-election. (AL-2; GA-7; IL-15; IN-5; MI-10; TX-11; TX-17; TX-22; TX-23; TX-24; UT-1)
    Two are running for other offices. (AL-1; MT-AL)
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Trump refused to admit he was wrong about Alabama, so he took his favorite sharpie and drew a additional circle on the chart as if that changes anything.

Trump refused to admit he was wrong about Alabama, so he took his favorite sharpie and drew a additional circle on the chart as if that changes anything.
    Well, of course he did. Trump continues embarrassing himself, and the country on a daily basis.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Another Texas Congressman is resigning, this time it's Bill Flores in TX-17.

That's five Republicans retiring in Texas, alone.

The full shakedown, as it stands right now:

Two North Carolina districts await special elections on September 10. (NC-3; NC-9)
    One has become an Independent. (MI-3)
    One is resigning. (WI CD-7)
    Eleven are not seeking re-election. (AL-2; GA-7; IL-15; IN-5; MI-10; TX-11; TX-17; TX-22; TX-23; TX-24; UT-1)
    Two are running for other offices. (AL-1; MT-AL)
    Your list is out of date. This just in from Wisconsin, Jim Sensenbrenner is retiring! HOORAY! Another asshole is leaving my state!
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 09-04-2019 at 04:37 PM.

One thing Trump and his homies know how to do, is to take someone else's money and waste it.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, of course he did. Trump continues embarrassing himself, and the country on a daily basis.
    That's actually illegal, not that anyone will care.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    That's actually illegal, not that anyone will care.
    Republicans damn sure won’t. They’ll just look the other way while Trump does his stupid shit.