Page 55 of 667 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    All I'm seeing is the same arguments for isolationism that failed prior to both world wars, said wars also raising the USA to an industrial juggernaut and world power.
    I mean, I agree with this. Isolationism is bad altogether.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Unless Assad is fighting the fights we want him to, then we are totally cool with it. That's the point. There are no good guys here. And the innocent people who die because you felt "so bad" about Assad, well those dead people don't make you on high ground either.

In some cases there are things that suck in the world that has nothing to do with us. And if we are getting involved, it's because it directly effects our interests.
    Nihilism never made the world better, sweetie.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    All I'm seeing is the same arguments for isolationism that failed prior to both world wars, said wars also raising the USA to an industrial juggernaut and world power.
    You don't even have to go that far back. Intervention in the Kosovo was the right thing to do and stopped genocide.

Non-intervention in Rwanda caused endless suffering.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Nihilism never made the world better, sweetie.
    First learn the definition of the words you use and how they apply to your statements, sweetie

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    NRA In Chaos As Wayne LaPierre Is Reportedly Asked To Resign

The confrontation between the gun rights group’s longtime leader and its recently installed president coincides with the NRA’s annual meeting. Oh, good! Seeing the NRA in chaos makes me happy.

Driver In Bay Area Crash May Have Been Targeting Muslims, Police Say

There’s evidence the driver intentionally drove his car into a crowd of people he thought might be Muslim, Sunnyvale police said.

Trump’s Federal Reserve Pick Said The Working Poor Aren’t Taxed Enough

Stephen Moore also once noted that income inequality is a problem — and the solution is more billionaires. Remember folks, this shitstain was chosen by Trump, a "man of the people" which includes all the desperate, fearful, dumbass midwestern knuckleheads who put their brains on pause long enough to vote for him.

Starr Report Veteran Says Trump’s Crimes Are ‘Thousandfold’ Worse

“My view is that there’s ample reason right now for the House Judiciary Committee to begin an impeachment inquiry.” Doesn't matter, such inquiries would die a quick death in the Republican controlled Senate which remains under orders to protect Trump at all cost.

Trump Has Changed White Evangelicals’ Views On Morality In One Major Way

White evangelical Christians used to care deeply about politicians’ moral failings. That has changed dramatically since they started backing Trump, a study finds. Yeah, white bible thumpers, disgusted that a black man spent eight years as president turned their backs on morality to support Caramel Caligula.
    Oliver North is being forced out. Apparently he's too 'good' for the NRA.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

First learn the definition of the words you use and how they apply to your statements, sweetie
    Maybe it's just cynicism. I don't care to know you well enough to work out the details of your selfish cruelty.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Oliver North is being forced out. Apparently he's too 'good' for the NRA.
    Totally missed a chance to say he got shot down.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Intervention in the Kosovo cost the NATO a potential ally in Serbia and drove Serbia to turn to Russia.
    It also saved thousands of people, and Serbia hardly has much to offer to the Russians or NATO.

Hillary was right!

Something more lighthearted...

Parts of Melania Knavs-Trump turned 49 years old this week, and the White House chose the worst possible photograph to congratulate her on Twitter, which brought on some very creative photoshop work in the replies.

Thread: https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...71416305700864

I swear even the lower level employees of the administration are completely out of their depth.

Or they could have gone with this:

Astonishing Member

Unless Assad is fighting the fights we want him to, then we are totally cool with it. That's the point. There are no good guys here. And the innocent people who die because you felt "so bad" about Assad, well those dead people don't make you on high ground either.

In some cases there are things that suck in the world that has nothing to do with us. And if we are getting involved, it's because it directly effects our interests.
    Looks like you didn't pay attention to your history class when they covered the Cold War.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe it's just cynicism. I don't care to know you well enough to work out the details of your selfish cruelty.
    Myself selfish cruelty? When your response is to send more soldiers to die and kill for a cause that has nothing to do with us. Or maybe prop up another murdering mad man. Or maybe arm some more people we will fight against some day. You have warped sense of what your advocating for there hero.

Myself selfish cruelty? When your response is to send more soldiers to die and kill for a cause that has nothing to do with us. Or maybe prop up another murdering mad man. Or maybe arm some more people we will fight against some day. You have warped sense of what your advocating for there hero.
    How is "has nothing to do with us" not selfish?

If you can save the life of innocents, it should not matter whether they live in Pristina or in Pennsylvania.

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Looks like you didn't pay attention to your history class when they covered the Cold War.
    Nah I aced the Cold War semester of my college advanced history program. Thank you

Extraordinary Member

How is "has nothing to do with us" not selfish?

If you can save the life of innocents, it should not matter whether they live in Pristina or in Pennsylvania.
    This naive and dumb. You are talking about war. To save innocent lives you still have to risk your own soldiers lives, kill other soldiers lives, and still risk civillian casualties for a purpose that has nothing to do with you. And lets be real blunt, the majority of the time we are doing it, it's some bs moralistic story to cover that we had an alterior motive.

It's not our job to play world police force half way around the planet and contribute to violence to feel better about ourselves. War is messy, it exists throughout human history, it isn't going away. Sometimes you have to realize when something that has nothing to do with you is not worth the cost of lives and potential fallout.