Page 572 of 667 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582622 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 10005

OIG has another complaint that has been stalled coming out of the WH now, too.

Somebody is done with Donny's BS ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

So, there is trouble in Trumplandia, Whistleblower's sources were numerous complaints coming from Trump's own staff

From the Business Insider:

Notably, the whistleblower was not a direct witness to the conduct described in the complaint or Trump's conversation with Zelensky. Instead, they said they learned of it from "multiple White House officials with direct knowledge of the call."

The whistleblower said they heard various facts related to it from more than half a dozen US officials. Multiple officials "recounted fact patterns that were consistent with one another," the complaint said.

The complaint also said White House officials who informed the whistleblower of Trump's call were "deeply disturbed" by what they had heard. They also told the whistleblower White House lawyers were already discussing how to handle the call because they believed they'd witnessed "the President abuse his office for personal gain."
    I'd feel better if these "timid" (and I am being kind) insiders would come out in the open with their knowledge. I'm tired of the coverup.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Forgot a word and it auto corrected on me.

Congress is looking AT not going to recess UNTIL the impeachment inquiry and possible hearings are over.

My bad!
    Autowronger strikes again!
    Dark does not mean deep.

Hearing the whistleblower complaint implicates Trump, AG Barr, Pat Cipollone, Rudy Giuliani, AND acting DNI Maguire, plus some other White House staff were in the know about it... that's just a lot of co-conspirators...

But that Trump continues to blurt out names, and keep implicating people and it includes Mike Pence?

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    So, there is trouble in Trumplandia, Whistleblower's sources were numerous complaints coming from Trump's own staff

From the Business Insider:

I'd feel better if these "timid" (and I am being kind) insiders would come out in the open with their knowledge. I'm tired of the coverup.
    I suspect those insiders are keeping a low profile for their own safety. Maybe this sounds like something out of a conspiracy theorist's wet dream, but I wouldn't put it past Trump (or any of his henchmen) to threaten those people or their loved ones if their identities were made public.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

This is not the only embarrassing phone call like this. DNI head Maguire's testimony revealed there's a server of recorded phone calls of Trump blundering into embarrassing phone calls similar to the one with Ukraine's president. (Which, you know Trump would be dumb enough about trying to flex people into paying for an excess of hotel rooms at Trump properties.) Hell, what kinds of s*** has Trump said on the phone with Putin in any number of times they've talked?

As James Comey once said, "Lordy, I hope there are tapes."

There are tapes. A server full of phone conversations recorded that's going to make the Watergate recordings look like the Wiggles on CD.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    This is not the only embarrassing phone call like this. DNI head Maguire's testimony revealed there's a server of recorded phone calls of Trump blundering into embarrassing phone calls similar to the one with Ukraine's president. (Which, you know Trump would be dumb enough about trying to flex people into paying for an excess of hotel rooms at Trump properties.) Hell, what kinds of s*** has Trump said on the phone with Putin in any number of times they've talked?

As James Comey once said, "Lordy, I hope there are tapes."

There are tapes. A server full of phone conversations recorded that's going to make the Watergate recordings look like the Wiggles on CD.
    Quick question: Who protects those servers? Who has access to them?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I suspect those insiders are keeping a low profile for their own safety. Maybe this sounds like something out of a conspiracy theorist's wet dream, but I wouldn't put it past Trump (or any of his henchmen) to threaten those people or their loved ones if their identities were made public.
    Trump is already making implied threats against the Whistleblower and anyone who may have helped him or her, anyone who gave the Whistleblower information about the phone calls.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Quick question: Who protects those servers? Who has access to them?
    National Intelligence.

But they're government property. The precedents of Watergate, though, are that attempting to block the release of any tapes will end up with a judge ordering their release.

There are dominoes upon dominoes waiting to drop. Trump's conversations with folks like: Theresa May. Angela Merkel. AMLO. Justin Trudeau. Emmanuel Marcon...

But more intriguing, there's gonna be recordings with Shinzo Abe, Xi, Kim Jong Un, MBS, and Putin. Half those names have been flexed into buying hotel rooms at Trump resorts. The other half, Trump has enabled human rights violations by. I underlined and bolded the ones Trump would likely sweat the most about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump is already making implied threats against the Whistleblower and anyone who may have helped him or her, anyone who gave the Whistleblower information about the phone calls.
    Which is a new obstruction of justice charge waiting for him whenever he's not in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And that could implicate Sec. of State Mike Pompeo.

Wall Street Democratic donors warn the party: We’ll sit out, or back Trump, if you nominate Elizabeth Warren

In recent weeks, CNBC spoke to several high-dollar Democratic donors and fundraisers in the business community and found that this opinion was becoming widely shared as Warren, an outspoken critic of big banks and corporations, gains momentum against Joe Biden in the 2020 race.

“You’re in a box because you’re a Democrat and you’re thinking, ‘I want to help the party, but she’s going to hurt me, so I’m going to help President Trump,’” said a senior private equity executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity in fear of retribution by party leaders. The executive said this Wednesday, a day after Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced that the House would begin a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump.

During the campaign, Warren has put out multiple plans intended to curb the influence of Wall Street, including a wealth tax. In July, she released a proposal that would make private equity firms responsible for debts and pension obligations of companies they buy. Trump, meanwhile, has given wealthy business leaders a helping hand with a major corporate tax cut and by eliminating regulations.

-------

The business community’s unease about Warren’s candidacy has surged in tandem with her campaign’s momentum. CNBC’s Jim Cramer said earlier this month that he’s heard from Wall Street executives that they believe Warren has “got to be stopped.” Warren later tweeted her response to Cramer’s report: “I’m Elizabeth Warren and I approve this message.”

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I like Warren but I think she will sink the election like past candidates perceived to be too liberal, like George McGovern and Mike Dukakis. Both landslide losses. We need all the Democrats and all the fence sitters to vote against Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I like Warren but I think she will sink the election like past candidates perceived to be too liberal, like George McGovern and Mike Dukakis. Both landslide losses. We need all the Democrats and all the fence sitters to vote against Trump
    Unless something changes, currently it's either Bullseye Biden with a target on his back, or War on Wallstreet Warren.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.