Page 573 of 667 FirstFirst ... 73473523563569570571572573574575576577583623 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I like Warren but I think she will sink the election like past candidates perceived to be too liberal, like George McGovern and Mike Dukakis. Both landslide losses. We need all the Democrats and all the fence sitters to vote against Trump
    The conundrum with her is that the electorate doesn't want a restoration of politics as usual. They want a fundamental shift in the overall system rather than the status quo of slowly sinking under the water. Someone like Biden may encourage a lot of people who would rather vote for Sanders or Warren to vote for Trump. The racists can't be reached, but there are also the people who the "the system is slowly killing me, so a vote for the establishment is a vote for suicide. Trump is almost certain death too, but he provides a sliver of hope the status quo does not." I don't agree, but there are plenty of people like that out there. And Warren has something that Sanders and Trump don't - the ability to rally the Democrats AND the ability to explain to red state voters what her plans do for them. That second ability makes her truly dangerous in the general, and Wall Street rallying behind Trump might actually be to her benefit with those voters.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Unless something changes, currently it's either Bullseye Biden with a target on his back, or War on Wallstreet Warren.
    Warren's farther to the left. so that's who i'm backing. and i hope she's every bit as liberal as they accused a corporatist like Obama of being. why should i settle for a centrist when the other side is going full xenophobe?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Warren's farther to the left. so that's who i'm backing. and i hope she's every bit as liberal as they accused a corporatist like Obama of being. why should i settle for a centrist when the other side is going full xenophobe?
    I can vote for either, though I do like Warren better.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I can vote for either, though I do like Warren better.
    I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone who'd be so bad that I'd vote for Trump to keep them out. Maybe the reincarnation of Osama Bin Laden?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone who'd be so bad that I'd vote for Trump to keep them out. Maybe the reincarnation of Osama Bin Laden?
    if he's reincarnated, he's basically starting with a fresh slate. i'd have to know his thoughts on medicare for all though.

On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of the U.S. House Representative from Iowa’s 4th Congressional District, Steve King, the sitting U.S. House Representative from Iowa's 4th Congressional District, a guy who is perhaps the most unapologetically racist member of the GOP (and that's saying something). Steve King is a man who seems hell bent on being the most venomous xenophobe in the entire Republican Party, showing his contempt for illegal immigrants by often comparing them to animals (considering he’s also proudly defended dog-fighting, it’s not surprising to see him hold as much concern for these human beings as he does animals), and making ludicrous, paranoid claims about how much of a threat they are to the general safety of the average American citizen. He literally has described the process of immigration in the United States as “a slow motion terrorist attack”. Years before Donald Trump ever wanted to build a border wall, Steve King was pitching a giant electrified fence that would keep out illegal immigrants because "it works on cattle". King’s also a huge war hawk, and has defended any action by the United States in the Middle East for the past 15 years, not even taking issue with the atrocities committed in the Abu Ghraib prison by American troops. He’s equally insane on the home front, having once argued that girls are frequently kidnapped out of playgrounds, raped, then taken over state lines to get an abortion, and returned back to the park before anybody knows they’re missing. (Really. I mean, those would be some really oblivious parents, to have the kid missing long enough for a predator to pull all that off before they notice.)

In 2015, Steve King chastised President Obama for "apologizing for slavery" because he feels "there's nothing to apologize about". He has complained about undocumented immigrants "bringing in Ebola and beheadings", and defended Donald Trump's comments about Mexican rapists, saying that "Central Americans were doing the raping", in addition. Steve King gave everyone a waft of bigotry strong enough that is was like a blast of smelling salts on the first day of the 2016 Republican National Convention when in the midst of participating in a panel on MSNBC moderated by Chris Hayes, Rep. King gave his thoughts that no "non-white sub-groups" had ever contributed to civilization. The panel erupted in protest at King's ignorant, near-white-supremacist statement, and Hayes had to dump to commercial to avoid it devolving even further than that.

In 2016, Rep. King compared Syrian refugees to “poisoned grapes”, ranted about the Obama administration’s LGBTQ protections showed they wouldn’t "be satisfied until all students are transgendered vegans", that the country was going "downhill" because women had contraceptive rights, argued it was racist and sexist for people to put Harriet Tubman instead of President Andrew Jackson on the twenty dollar bill, responded to Colin Kaepernick's protests against racial inequality at NFL games by kneeling during the national anthem by accusing him of being in league with ISIS, and while the featured guest of anti-immigrant hate group FAIR, talked about how "no one would have been shot" if everyone in the Orlando Pulse nightclub had a gun (they had an armed off-duty police officer on the premises) and that the GOP shouldn't try and win over Hispanic voters because "we are all God's children". Steve King's own office at the Capitol now proudly has the Confederate flag on display on his desk, even though the last time anybody checked, Iowa wasn't in the Confederacy in the Civil War.

After King was re-elected to an eighth term in office in the 2016 elections, his opponent, Democrat Kim Weaver, planned a rematch with Steve King in 2018, but dropped out of the running in June of 2017 because, in a shock to no one, there are people who love Steve King even though he’s an uncaring raging racist ***hole who, are themselves ***holes. And some of those ***holes loyal to Steve King apparently started to send death threats to Weaver.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Just a sampling of Steve King's worst moments since 2017:

A reminder that Iowa's 4th District has a modest +5 Republican lean in the Cook Partisan Voting Index, That Cook Partisan rating might be a bit of an understatement, though, as Steve King’s Congressional District has roughly 60,000 registered Republican voters in it to start with, who don’t seem to mind the fact that he’s gone full white nationalist of late, but then again, his district is staggeringly white. We’re talking like mayonnaise sandwich white. King’s Democrat opponent in 2020 is a rematch with J.D. Scholten, a former minor-league baseball player with the Sioux City Explorers turned attorney whose roots in Iowa go back five generations. King barely held him off in 2018, and before he faces in him 2020, will have to survive a GOP Primary challenger. Steve King’s fundraising is currently almost nil, and his constituency seems so disgusted with him that only one person turned up at his last town hall last month.

All signs are pointing towards the obvious… Steve King has been a bigot to an extent that even in a Republican held district… his days in Congress might be numbered in fourteen months.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 09-26-2019 at 01:15 PM.

I still don't like Sanders, so that would be a nose holder for me. But even he's better than Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of the U.S. House Representative from Iowa’s 4th Congressional District, Steve King, the sitting U.S. House Representative from Iowa's 4th Congressional District, a guy who is perhaps the most unapologetically racist member of the GOP (and that's saying something). Steve King is a man who seems hell bent on being the most venomous xenophobe in the entire Republican Party, showing his contempt for illegal immigrants by often comparing them to animals (considering he’s also proudly defended dog-fighting, it’s not surprising to see him hold as much concern for these human beings as he does animals), and making ludicrous, paranoid claims about how much of a threat they are to the general safety of the average American citizen. He literally has described the process of immigration in the United States as “a slow motion terrorist attack”. Years before Donald Trump ever wanted to build a border wall, Steve King was pitching a giant electrified fence that would keep out illegal immigrants because "it works on cattle". King’s also a huge war hawk, and has defended any action by the United States in the Middle East for the past 15 years, not even taking issue with the atrocities committed in the Abu Ghraib prison by American troops. He’s equally insane on the home front, having once argued that girls are frequently kidnapped out of playgrounds, raped, then taken over state lines to get an abortion, and returned back to the park before anybody knows they’re missing. (Really. I mean, those would be some really oblivious parents, to have the kid missing long enough for a predator to pull all that off before they notice.)

In 2015, Steve King chastised President Obama for "apologizing for slavery" because he feels "there's nothing to apologize about". He has complained about undocumented immigrants "bringing in Ebola and beheadings", and defended Donald Trump's comments about Mexican rapists, saying that "Central Americans were doing the raping", in addition. Steve King gave everyone a waft of bigotry strong enough that is was like a blast of smelling salts on the first day of the 2016 Republican National Convention when in the midst of participating in a panel on MSNBC moderated by Chris Hayes, Rep. King gave his thoughts that no "non-white sub-groups" had ever contributed to civilization. The panel erupted in protest at King's ignorant, near-white-supremacist statement, and Hayes had to dump to commercial to avoid it devolving even further than that.

In 2016, Rep. King compared Syrian refugees to “poisoned grapes”, ranted about the Obama administration’s LGBTQ protections showed they wouldn’t "be satisfied until all students are transgendered vegans", that the country was going "downhill" because women had contraceptive rights, argued it was racist and sexist for people to put Harriet Tubman instead of President Andrew Jackson on the twenty dollar bill, responded to Colin Kaepernick's protests against racial inequality at NFL games by kneeling during the national anthem by accusing him of being in league with ISIS, and while the featured guest of anti-immigrant hate group FAIR, talked about how "no one would have been shot" if everyone in the Orlando Pulse nightclub had a gun (they had an armed off-duty police officer on the premises) and that the GOP shouldn't try and win over Hispanic voters because "we are all God's children". Steve King's own office at the Capitol now proudly has the Confederate flag on display on his desk, even though the last time anybody checked, Iowa wasn't in the Confederacy in the Civil War.

After King was re-elected to an eighth term in office in the 2016 elections, his opponent, Democrat Kim Weaver, planned a rematch with Steve King in 2018, but dropped out of the running in June of 2017 because, in a shock to no one, there are people who love Steve King even though he’s an uncaring raging racist ***hole who, are themselves ***holes. And some of those ***holes loyal to Steve King apparently started to send death threats to Weaver.
    Eh, I don't know if I'd say that... meaning sure he'll send your kids to war, but he himself got three college deferments and then dropped out once he was no longer in danger of having to actually go to war.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 09-26-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

When it comes to Wall Street fat cats determined to protect their wealth, they’d vote for Hitler if he came back to life.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone who'd be so bad that I'd vote for Trump to keep them out.
    Me Too. But with Warren, I can see Trump drumming up the old "Pochantas" stuff. You never know what effect that kind of thing can have.

Trump is already making implied threats against the Whistleblower and anyone who may have helped him or her, anyone who gave the Whistleblower information about the phone calls.

Trump threatens US officials who gave information to the Ukraine case whistleblower

In a private meeting with US staffers at the United Nations on Thursday, President Donald Trump ranted about the “spies” within his administration who gave information to the whistleblower in the Ukraine case and mused about punishing them the way “we used to do in the old days” — seemingly alluding to the practice of executing spies for treason.

“Basically, that person never saw the report, never saw the call, he never saw the call — heard something and decided that he or she, or whoever the hell they saw — they’re almost a spy,” Trump reportedly told the staffers, referring to the whistleblower. “I want to know who’s the person, who’s the person who gave the whistleblower the information? Because that’s close to a spy.”

“You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? The spies and treason, we used to handle it a little differently than we do now,” he continued.

All Wallstreets statements show is that they need more regulation and money needs to be removed from politics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The whistle-blower complaint correctly summarizes the phone transcript.

Can't make the line any clearer than that.
    IMO, without their names and testimony I don't know how this goes to impeachment. The fact that it summarizes the transcript should be the grounds to push for full transparency, but until that happens I think he has room to get off on this.

Pinning him to trying to cover it up would be pretty damn helpful too.

One of the other big revelations from today's hearing...

The acting DNI, Dan Maguire, could not verify if Rudy Giuliani has a security clearance.

Which, if Giuliani can prove the State Department had him acting as an emissary in Ukraine without one... holy s***.