Page 575 of 667 FirstFirst ... 75475525565571572573574575576577578579585625 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,625 of 10005
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

What the f**k was that bulls**t?! From the NRCC itself.

Looks like Mrs. Cunningham likes a man who supports baseless impeachment…wonder if this will come up in @RepCunningham's
    marriage counseling?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Which didn't stop the NYT from basically doxing the whistleblower.

They are trying very hard to be hated by the entire political spectrum. It's an odd business strategy.
    Not if they’re trying to sell papers and get views on their website. On top of that, correct me if I’m mistaken but hasn’t the NYT been catering to Trump since he took office?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not if they’re trying to sell papers and get views on their website. On top of that, correct me if I’m mistaken but hasn’t the NYT been catering to Trump since he took office?
    I dispute that. The NYT goes after Trump like all the other News outlets. However, they have been getting sloppy lately and some of the people they have hired, for the sake of balance, aren't all that great.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Waste of time. Won't make it past Mitch. Doesn't matter what it uncovers. Etc.

“It’s Management Bedlam”: Madness at Fox News as Trump Faces Impeachment

Inside Fox News, tensions over Trump are becoming harder to contain as a long-running cold war between the network’s news and opinion sides turns hot. Fox has often taken a nothing-to-see-here approach to Trump scandals, but impeachment is a different animal. “It’s management bedlam,” a Fox staffer told me. “This massive thing happened, and no one knows how to cover it.” The schism was evident this week as a feud erupted between afternoon anchor Shepard Smith and prime-time host Tucker Carlson. It started Tuesday when Fox legal analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano told Smith on-air that Trump committed a “crime” by pressuring Ukraine’s president to get dirt on Biden. That night, Carlson brought on former Trump lawyer Joe diGenova, who called Napolitano a “fool” for claiming Trump broke the law. Yesterday, Smith lashed back, calling Carlson “repugnant” for not defending Napolitano on air. (Trump himself is said to turn off Fox at 3 p.m., when Shep Smith airs.) Seeking to quell the internecine strife before it carried into a third day, Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott and president Jay Wallace communicated to Smith this morning to stop attacking Carlson, a person briefed on the conversation said. “They said if he does it again, he’s off the air,” the source said. (Fox News spokesperson Irena Briganti denied that management had any direct conversation with Smith).
    The ultimate referee of this fight will be Lachlan Murdoch. In recent months, Rupert’s oldest son has been holding strategy conversations with Fox executives and anchors about how Fox News should prepare for life after Trump. Among the powerful voices advising Lachlan that Fox should decisively break with the president is former House speaker Paul Ryan, who joined the Fox board in March. “Paul is embarrassed about Trump and now he has the power to do something about it,” an executive who’s spoken with Ryan told me. (Ryan did not return a call seeking comment.) But a person more sympathetic to Trump has told Lachlan that Fox should remain loyal to Trump’s supporters, even if the network has to break from the man. “We need to represent our viewers,” the source said. “Fox is about defending our viewers from the people who hate them. That’s where our power comes from. It’s not about Trump.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

This is the second time I've seen Paul Ryan's name come up. It was mentioned on MSNBC that he is for breaking the close ties Fox has with Trump. He's another Trump enabler though and IMO he was another one who never spoke out when he should have. I guess this is one way for him to get some revenge after having to bite his tongue and go along with everything. But IMO, it's cowardly way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone who'd be so bad that I'd vote for Trump to keep them out. Maybe the reincarnation of Osama Bin Laden?
    The key is can the opponent inspire you to vote against Trump?

I don't live in a swing state so my vote is irrelevant. I won't vote for Trump. But I also will not vote for Warren or Sanders.

Right now unless there is an important local election I don't really seen a reason to bother voting because my vote doesn't count. I fooled myself into voting for Gary Johnston in 2016 because I hoped that by voting for the only adult in the room that he'd get 5% and thus give a 3rd party more voice in 2020. He got something like 2%.

So whats the point? My state will not flip. No 3rd part candidate will get 5%. For those in swing states though is the opponent to Trump worth voting for? Him sucking isn't enough of a reason unless you know the opponent is better. I know you guys get your panties in a twist over "both sides suck" type arguments but the mere fact you care enough to post on the internet puts you in the hyper partisan category or the hyper apathetic category which means your not the average voter. I'm the latter, hyper apathetic at this point. I hate Trump. I hate Warren. I like the Biden of about 20 years ago but I think he's early onset dementia at this point so he's not a good choice. So why bother?
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 09-26-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    And how will electing Biden, someone who's been a senator longer than many people on this board have been alive, do that?

Now keep in mind, I like Biden, and I feel some of the shit he caught when he announced his nomination is unfair, but the GOP is going to be using that long, long voting record of his to tie a noose around his neck if he gets the nomination.

I want to see Warren get attacked hard on an area she's not comfortable with before I say I'd be okay with her. How she handled the native american ancestry thing was incredibly blunt and inartful and she stuck with that approach long past it should have become clear it wasn't working. Personally I would have been all for Biden 4 years ago. But for all the heat Castro got for attacking Biden's age, Biden really doesn't seem as sharp as he used to be, and his bad habits show up more often partially due to an overabundance of pride.

Booker sounds more like a cloud of cotton candy than a presidential candidate, though I respect the hell out of his time as mayor.

Personally, I think Buttigieg is the best bet of safe and bold for the nomination, and I like the balls Beto is letting swing free as he runs around nowadays.

Gary Johnson, the only adult in the room. I just laughed so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Gary Johnson, the only adult in the room. I just laughed so hard.
    I'm a registered Libertarian (changed from a Republican after the election of Donnie Derpo) and I can say even we consider Johnson to have been a mistake. The semi-official admission is that Weld should have been at the top of the ticket if such a thing was possible (it wasn't as far as I know, Weld agreed to be on the ticket as a favor to his friend Johnson).

Johnson seemed good at first, then he ruined that by talking.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I want to see Warren get attacked hard on an area she's not comfortable with before I say I'd be okay with her. How she handled the native american ancestry thing was incredibly blunt and inartful and she stuck with that approach long past it should have become clear it wasn't working. Personally I would have been all for Biden 4 years ago. But for all the heat Castro got for attacking Biden's age, Biden really doesn't seem as sharp as he used to be, and his bad habits show up more often partially due to an overabundance of pride.

Booker sounds more like a cloud of cotton candy than a presidential candidate, though I respect the hell out of his time as mayor.

Personally, I think Buttigieg is the best bet of safe and bold for the nomination, and I like the balls Beto is letting swing free as he runs around nowadays.
    I like Mayor Pete a lot and also Kamala Harris but right now they're polling under 10 % the last I looked. I know one thing I hope they all should rethink. People I know who are leaning Democrat don't like the idea of giving free health care to someone who just walks across the border. I myself need to hear more about this and how this is supposed to work.

BANNED

The Police Can’t Solve the Problem. They Are the Problem

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/o...e-problem.html

Systems of oppression, like slavery, Jim Crow, and mass incarceration, must be reduced and abolished — not reimagined. Police officers, who primarily put people in cages, are the enforcers of mass incarceration. We must reckon with the reality that the police are part of the problem and stop investing money, power and legitimacy in them.
    Once in a while the NYT publishes good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I like Mayor Pete a lot and also Kamala Harris but right now they're polling under 10 % the last I looked. I know one thing I hope they all should rethink. People I know who are leaning Democrat don't like the idea of giving free health care to someone who just walks across the border. I myself need to hear more about this and how this is supposed to work.
    With all due respect, Americans hate the idea of giving free healthcare to their neighbours. May as well give it to immigrants

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Democrats Show Unity On Impeachment; Republicans Show Fractures

The loudest GOP voices are trashing the whistleblower, but some Republicans aren’t so sure. So, the GOP isn't all together after all. Humorous!

The Smear Job On The Ukraine Whistleblower Has Already Started

Trump allies are twisting a report that clears the whistleblower of partisan bias to argue the exact opposite. That was bound to happen, but the important thing is to keep the whistleblower safe from harm.

Trump’s History Of Asking Foreign Governments To Do His Dirty Work

The president has long tried to solicit damaging information against his opponents. Methinks the founding fathers NEVER anticipated a president doing crazy and criminal stuff like what Trump is doing.

Devin Nunes Accuses Democrats Of Wanting ‘Nude Pictures Of Trump’

The Republican congressman made the unrelated allegation during a hearing about a whistleblower complaint against Trump. No, Dev, my man, NOBODY wants that!

Man Obsessed With Hillary Clinton’s Private Server Hid Documents On A Secret System

Well, I never. The irony is inescapable.

Donald Trump Paints Himself Into A Corner On Time Magazine’s Latest Cover

The cover came out shortly after the White House released a summary of a phone call in which Trump asked the leader of Ukraine to “do us a favor, though.”

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    With all due respect, Americans hate the idea of giving free healthcare to their neighbours. May as well give it to immigrants
    Americans spend too much time fretting about 'someone' getting 'something' that they think someone else doesn't 'deserve', except the wealthy who obviously deserve their untold billions of dollars for 'reasons'.