Page 592 of 667 FirstFirst ... 92492542582588589590591592593594595596602642 ... LastLast
Results 8,866 to 8,880 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Because Warren’s entire progressive rep is based on her being tough on Wall Street. That’s her thing. Bernie has a more progressive bend on healthcare and foreign policy and education. Warren is good in those, but she’s been a far more effective Wall Street opponent and that scares them more
    Speaking of which

Bernie Sanders cancels campaign events after medical procedure for blocked artery

Seesh, that's not good. Though he's probably like RBG, takes a licking and keeps on ticking like the Energizer Bunny.

2020 candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., was hospitalized Tuesday in Las Vegas and underwent a significant medical procedure after a blockage was found in one of his arteries, his campaign said Wednesday.
    Sanders, who is 78, has canceled all of his campaign events “until further notice."

“During a campaign event yesterday evening, Sen. Sanders experienced some chest discomfort. Following medical evaluation and testing he was found to have a blockage in one artery and two stents were successfully inserted,” Jeff Weaver, a senior adviser to the Sanders campaign, said in a statement.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Saw this earlier but this is probably the end of his campaign. Any age issues will be amplified and he really couldn’t afford to lose momentum. It’s now Warren’s lane to lose which I’m more than fine with. Anyways I’m sure some people are ecstatic about his health issues because he didn’t fly around the country a few more times for Hillary or something. Kinda hope he just rests and takes a grandpa role galvanizing the youth for the next wave

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Speaking of which

Bernie Sanders cancels campaign events after medical procedure for blocked artery

Seesh, that's not good. Though he's probably like RBG, takes a licking and keeps on ticking like the Energizer Bunny.
    Fingers crossed, yeah.

Saw this earlier but this is probably the end of his campaign. Any age issues will be amplified and he really couldn’t afford to lose momentum. It’s now Warren’s lane to lose which I’m more than fine with. Anyways I’m sure some people on here ecstatic about his health issues because he didn’t fly around the country a few more times for Hillary or something.
    Yeah, that's nonsense and you should feel bad for saying it. In no ways do the issues people've had with Bernie indicate any of us actively wish him ill health. You can get outta here with that nonsense.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Really, all these guys are the best advocates for Warren's campaign.

Yeah. And she’ll crush them too. They know that. Having the Michael Corleone of the Social Network crying about her only helps

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bern...ry?id=66003850

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for the Senator.
    Sanders wasn't my cup of tea, politically speaking, but I sincerely wish him the best and hope he pulls through.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, that's nonsense and you should feel bad for saying it. In no ways do the issues people've had with Bernie indicate any of us actively wish him ill health. You can get outta here with that nonsense.
    I don’t think people wish him bad health. I think people wish him out of the way and this is a happy coincidence and I’ve seen as much on social media. Though yeah that’s probably a more toxic sample size. The reality is I think it was Warren’s time anyways. She’s going to hit Wall Street she moved closer to him on healthcare and most domestic policy. She has more credibility in the party and is sort of a few shades closer to the establishment to the point where she isn’t an outsider. She is an overall better campaigner and is more charismatic. I don’t think Sanders could really afford this in the middle of her surge. I suspected for a long time now that the best situation would be for Sanders to fall behind Warren and lose an early few primaries to her so that he could throw all his support behind her.

I don’t think people wish him bad health. I think people wish him out of the way and this is a happy coincidence and I’ve seen as much on social media. Though yeah that’s probably a more toxic sample size. The reality is I think it was Warren’s time anyways. She’s going to hit Wall Street she moved closer to him on healthcare and most domestic policy. She has more credibility in the party and is sort of a few shades closer to the establishment to the point where she isn’t an outsider. She is an overall better campaigner and is more charismatic. I don’t think Sanders could really afford this in the middle of her surge. I suspected for a long time now that the best situation would be for Sanders to fall behind Warren and lose an early few primaries to her so that he could throw all his support behind her.
    Nice backpedal but what you said is right up there.

Extraordinary Member

Nice backpedal but what you said is right up there.
    I mean you can go on twitter and see the confirmation of what said if you want lol and it’s no secret he’s not popular on here and him probably being knocked out won’t be a sad event. Stand by it. No I don’t think people wanted him to get sick, but an event that would derail him was welcome

Stock market down 500 already.

-1000 in 36 hours, looking worse.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I mean you can go on twitter and see the confirmation of what said if you want lol and it’s no secret he’s not popular on here and him probably being knocked out won’t be a sad event. Stand by it. No I don’t think people wanted him to get sick, but an event that would derail him was welcome
    'I'm sure some posters here are ecstatic because hillary'. That's what you wrote. Stop digging.

You can go on Twitter and find the most despicable people saying the most despicable things, and being 'ecstatic' about Sanders having heart issues is expected as one of them there and on many comments sections . . but not here.

If you really think that little of us, why do you still post here?

see? we were right to worry. Sanders had the best ideas. sure. but what would have happened if these heart issues came up during the fight against Trump? that said, i wish him the best. he's responsible for bringing people to the left. i owe him for that.

Iowa Town Rejects Trump Administration Request to Remove their Pride Flag Crosswalks

The U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has sent a letter to officials in the town of Ames, Iowa, known for its rainbow-colored LGBTQ pride flag crosswalks, and requested they be painted over because they didn't comply with federal traffic control standards. The letter claims the crosswalks are hazards to public safety, according to CNN.

"Crosswalk art has a potential to compromise pedestrian and motorist safety by interfering with, detracting from, or obscuring official traffic control devices. The art can also encourage road users, especially bicycles and pedestrians, to directly participate in the design, loiter in the street, or give reason to not vacate the street in an expedient or predictable manner," the FHWA said in a letter sent to Ames City Manager Steve Schainker dated September 5.

"It also creates confusion for motorists, pedestrians, and other jurisdictions who may see these markings and install similar crosswalk treatments in their cities. Allowing a non-compliant pavement marking to remain in place presents a liability concern for the City of Ames in the event of a pedestrian/vehicle or vehicle/vehicle collision," the letter continued.
    City Attorney Mark O. Lambert replied with a memo to Ames City Council and the town's mayor, John Haila, with an outline for action.

Since, he said, the FHWA has no jurisdiction over the street where the crosswalk is and it doesn't receive federal funding and is not part of a federal highway, then it's up to the state of Iowa to determine if the crosswalk follows federal control standards. And since the FHWA hadn't mentioned it would impose any penalties upon the city of Ames for refusing to comply with the order, it could, in Lambert's eyes, be seen as a request from the FHWA. As the letter did not require a response from the town in any form, Lambert suggested the officials of Ames choose to ignore it.

"With the system of federalism in the United States, the federal government does not have jurisdiction over everything," Lambert's letter said in part.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

'I'm sure some posters here are ecstatic because hillary'. That's what you wrote. Stop digging.
    Exactly. The original post did not refer to Twitter or Facebook. Knight used the word, "here," as in this message board. I don't think even JBatmanfan, if he were still here, would be "ecstatic" over Bernie Sanders having health issues that put him in the hospital.