Page 595 of 667 FirstFirst ... 95495545585591592593594595596597598599605645 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    see? we were right to worry. Sanders had the best ideas. sure. but what would have happened if these heart issues came up during the fight against Trump? that said, i wish him the best. he's responsible for bringing people to the left. i owe him for that.
    You know what someone would be right to worry about?

That only one person running for the Democratic nomination is talking about that you need a movement of people, and not just hope that a minor change in the same old political back in forth that hasn't amounted to much in the past will magically change how things work going forward.

For me, things haven't changed that much. There is still one option I actually want to back, and one option that has some recent question marks that I would support. Past that, there's a few knuckleheads that I could back while expecting almost nothing from.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Well yeah, we were concerned that a 78 year old dude might not be able to physically do the incredibly stressful job.
    Does the President have to chop trees down at the White House now or something?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Today has been a whirlwind.

Asked multiple times what he had wanted the Ukrainian president to do regarding the Bidens, Pres. Trump doesn't answer, eventually attacking the media and angrily instructing the reporter to ask a different question.

And then this happened.

These Photos of Trump's Meltdown With the Finnish President Are, Collectively, a Work of Art

The President of the United States had an extended meltdown throughout his summit with the President of Finland, Sauli Niinistö, on Wednesday. He ranted and raved in the Oval Office. He yelled and menaced reporters at a press conference. At seemingly no point did he complete a sentence—fragments only. It was another in a long line of national embarrassments for our fine country, but it was also a bona fide event for photography. The watching press pool captured our fearless leader in all his wild gesticulations and frenzied mouth movements, and even caught a couple glimpses of poor Mr. Niinistö revealing how he really felt. Behold, some of the very best photos of this world-historical encounter.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Eh, that's not what I read. It was an apartment complex and her unit was on the 4th floor and his apt was on the 3rd floor, directly below. She got off on the wrong floor and the door was unlocked so she pulled her pistol and went in, thinking someone had broken into her apartment. I can actually see that happening. But they also brought up some questionable statements she made in casual conversation before this incident. That didn't help her case. I think manslaughter is not an unreasonable charge.
    Whether it's plausible or not for that mistake, at the end of the day it's really hard to get over the fact that it was a guy in his own house getting gunned down because someone walked into his house by accident. Apartment complex or not. There's so little fault in the victim that it's definitley something more than manslaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Whether it's plausible or not for that mistake, at the end of the day it's really hard to get over the fact that it was a guy in his own house getting gunned down because someone walked into his house by accident. Apartment complex or not. There's so little fault in the victim that it's definitley something more than manslaughter.
    Going to the wrong apartment is not only plausible but common in her building. During the investigation they canvassed all the residents of the building and 39% of those living on the 3rd or 4th floor reported having gone to the wrong apartment on the wrong floor before. Then obviously his door wasn't completely shut else she'd never have been able to push it open.

There is no fault with the victim so there had to be a conviction. I just take issue with those who treated this as if it was no different than someone who purposely sets out to kill someone in a premeditated murder.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You really are embarrassing yourself at this point.
    Par for the course there.

I'm sad to hear that about Bernie. I hope he has the strength to be a factor in winning in 2020 regardless of what role that takes.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Going to the wrong apartment is not only plausible but common in her building. During the investigation they canvassed all the residents of the building and 39% of those living on the 3rd or 4th floor reported having gone to the wrong apartment on the wrong floor before. Then obviously his door wasn't completely shut else she'd never have been able to push it open.

There is no fault with the victim so there had to be a conviction. I just take issue with those who treated this as if it was no different than someone who purposely sets out to kill someone in a premeditated murder.
    You pull out your gun, expect to use it. Even if it had been her apartment, she could have called in backup. There are other ways it could have been handled.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

So here is Pence's part in this Ukraine mess http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...s-a-patsy.html

He's claiming ignorance. But he's just as in it as the rest of them.

TheWrap has learned that Todd Starnes’ contract at Fox News is not being renewed. The host will no longer be working at the network, its website, or its premium subscription service, Fox Nation.
    He made headlines as recently as Monday for comments during his his radio program that Democrats do not believe in the Christian God and instead may worship Moloch, a pagan god often associated with child sacrifice. When asked for comment, Fox News confirmed the news that Starnes is no longer working at the network but did not elaborate on the reasons behind Starnes’ departure. An individual with knowledge of the situation told TheWrap Starnes’ departure “was in the works well before Monday.”
    https://www.thewrap.com/exclusive-ho...t-at-fox-news/

How long before he's back on it?

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

It obviously wasn't premeditated, but you don't need premeditation to convict someone of murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    You pull out your gun, expect to use it. Even if it had been her apartment, she could have called in backup. There are other ways it could have been handled.
    Pulling out the gun and moving into an apartment goes way beyond the recklessness mens rea of manslaughter and takes it into murder territory.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 10-02-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    So here is Pence's part in this Ukraine mess http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...s-a-patsy.html

He's claiming ignorance. But he's just as in it as the rest of them.
    It seems difficult to establish conclusively that Pence committed high crimes and misdemeanors (though if he did, it is his moral obligation to resign.)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    do trump supporters follow the news?
    Most people don't. This is why it often takes a while for approval ratings to fall, although it also suggests that it can be difficult to rebound once the people who don't pay a lot of attention to day to day politics form a lower opinion of a candidate.

The idea that Trump believes crazy conspiracy theories might make it tougher to impeach him, since it allows for an argument that he's doing what he believes to be in the country's best interests.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Biden went after Trump in a speech earlier today.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...en-warns-trump

Joe Biden on Wednesday gave a preview of a potential general election face-off with Donald Trump by taking a more aggressive tone and assailing the president for his “abuse of power” and for “smearing” him and his family.

“Let me make something clear to Trump and his hatchet men and the special interests funding his attacks against me -- I’m not going anywhere,” Biden said to applause in a speech in Reno, Nevada. “You’re not going to destroy me. And you’re not going to destroy my family.”

Biden said that “like every bully in history,” Trump is “afraid. He’s afraid of just how badly I would beat him next November.”

The remarks come as the president, angry over being the subject of a House impeachment inquiry, has sought to tarnish Biden as “corrupt” because of his son Hunter’s business dealings in Ukraine. Trump has made discredited claims that the former vice president used his office to intervene with the eastern European country’s law enforcement to protect Hunter Biden.

Biden called Trump “desperate and defensive” for “warning direly of civil war” after a whistle-blower filed a complaint over his conversation asking Ukraine’s president to “look into” the Bidens.

The event was Biden’s attempt to paint a picture of a one-on-one match with Trump, showing his fiery side and driving home the message that the president fears him the most of the Democratic candidates.

“I don’t think he wants to run against me,” Biden said, accusing Trump of trying to “pick his opponent -- but we’re not going to let Donald Trump choose the Democratic candidate.”

Biden took shot after shot at Trump, drawing cheers and applause from the audience. He said Trump’s allegations about him were “a flat-out lie” and that his policy in Ukraine was transparent and backed by international partners in an anti-corruption push.

“The truth doesn’t matter to Donald Trump. It never has and it never will.”
    Going aggressively after Trump seems like the smart play here.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It seems difficult to establish conclusively that Pence committed high crimes and misdemeanors (though if he did, it is his moral obligation to resign.)
    In other words, he won't be resigning, because he doesn't have the moral fiber to not lie about climate change, cigarettes causing cancer, sexual orientation being a choice, or locking children in cages. Waiting for THIS guy to develop a conscience:

Waiting on the moral obligations of Mike Pence is the ultimate ship that ain't comin' in.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-02-2019 at 09:01 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You know what amazes me most about this? I read that paragraph - which was full of crazy nonsense - and I barely blinked at the absurdity.