Page 600 of 667 FirstFirst ... 100500550590596597598599600601602603604610650 ... LastLast
Results 8,986 to 9,000 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I would not rule it out. I still believe what we have seen so far is the tip of the iceberg, and most of it will come out over the next 3 months.
    It's a matter of who appoints the replacements for the Senators caught up in the impeachment as to a Majority before any election, but after 2020 if enough vacancies are opened who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Speaking of Turtle Boy, haven’t heard much from him lately. Has Trump’s incessant ravings left Mitch so flustered he’s had to keep a low profile while he figures out what to do next?
    He seems to be speaking softly and almost supporting the impeachment with a few statements, but I'm pretty sure it's smokescreen for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    His defenders can say that it isn't foreign interference in elections, as much as it is a President inquiring about things that, if true, represent national security interests.

It isn't true, but the President doesn't necessarily know that. He does believe weird stuff that has largely been debunked.

https://slate.com/technology/2019/09...-dnc-hack.html
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...kraine-dilemma

The "he believes in weird conspiracy theories" defense only works in the context of explaining his motives. It wouldn't justify every potential action.
    Many dictators have used the excuse that they earnestly believed they were doing what was best for their country and even the world as they committed atrocities and abused their power. Trump consistently believes lies & falsehoods as long as they fit his narrative, and that can't be a defense of his actions or his judgement unless they are as uncaring or unhinged as he is.

His motives have always been transparently obvious: Money & Power. He has surrounded himself with yes men who excuse everything he does and cover up everything they can to ensure he can continue in this pursuit as they are getting something out of it as well. Everyone else has been smart enough to turn down job offers by this administration, so they are left with the criminals and toadies who thrive in the swamp. His hardass stance with our traditional allies is odd compared to his utter capitulation to some traditional foes, and also debunks the 'doing what he thinks is right' argument which isn't a defense and is more of a cheap excuse for actions that someone is afraid to agree with while avoiding saying anything bad about the man in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    ...guys Jacob Wohl is doing it again...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ponse-n1062211
    This tweet seems to show the Marine in question lied about the source of the scar.

Trump raised Biden with Xi in June call housed in highly secure server

Washington (CNN)When President Donald Trump suggested — without prompting — that China should investigate Joe Biden and his son, he thrust another political grudge into what was already the world's most complicated and consequential relationship.

The move startled Chinese officials, who say they have little interest in becoming embroiled in a US political controversy. And it amounted to the latest extraordinary effort by Trump to openly request political assistance from foreign governments.

Thursday's comments weren't the first time Trump has injected Biden into his relationship with China, though he said Thursday he has never pushed Xi to investigate the former vice president. Nor is it the first time he has sought to trade favors with Xi, who this week celebrated the 70th birthday of his communist state with a note of congratulations from Trump.

During a phone call with Xi on June 18, Trump raised Biden's political prospects as well as those of Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who by then had started rising in the polls, according to two people familiar with the discussion. In that call, Trump also told Xi he would remain quiet on Hong Kong protests as trade talks progressed.
    Trump says he raised Hunter Biden allegations with his China go-between

September 27, 2019 at 6:02 p.m. EDT

President Trump, who has alleged that Hunter Biden got the Chinese to put $1.5 billion into an investment fund, said during private remarks this week that he raised the matter with a U.S. executive who has served as his intermediary on trade talks with Beijing.

Trump’s comments could attract interest in light of the impeachment inquiry underway by House Democrats. That investigation focuses on the president’s effort to extract information about Hunter Biden’s job on a Ukrainian gas company’s board at a time when his father was overseeing U.S. policy in that country. Given Trump’s comments, investigators may want to learn whether the president similarly sought information about the Bidens in China.

In remarks to the U.S. Mission to the United Nations on Thursday morning, Trump said he discussed Biden’s China work with Stephen Schwarzman, the chief executive of the investment company Blackstone.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-03-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Rick Perry says he'll cooperate with Congress on Ukraine questions

Washington (CNN)Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who has met on at least three occasions with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, on Wednesday pledged to work with lawmakers looking into a whistleblower's allegations about President Donald Trump's communications with Zelensky.

"I'll just briefly say we're going to work with Congress and answer all their questions," Perry said at a department event on artificial intelligence and energy.

Perry has met with Zelensky at least three times while in office, including when replaced Vice President Mike Pence in leading a US delegation to Zelensky's inauguration last spring.

On Tuesday, Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey, the top Democrat on the Foreign Relations committee, sent a letter questioning Perry about that trip as well as his second meeting with Zelensky, a June 2019 dinner.

Energy Department spokeswoman Shaylyn Hynes told CNN, "Regardless of subject, the Department is always willing to work with Congress in response to requests that follow proper procedures."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Elizabeth Warren tweeted about her college football team, the Houston Cougars.

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1179851099978846209

It's a funny response to the most bullshit allegation ever.
    We are for once in agreement.

Also, someone had this to say:

"The least believable part about Wohl's entire performance piece is that Liz "I Have a Plan For That" Warren would say "surprise me" and leave something as important as BDSM activity and toy selection up to the 24 year old rentboy."

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    In a class move, Sen. Elizabeth Warren bought dinners for all of Sen. Sanders' campaign staff while he was hospitalized.

It also shows she's a real baller. It's "thinking of you all right now", and it's also, "Psst... if he has to drop out, don't work for Biden. I got you, fam."

This is clearly the sort of savvy politico you want running the country.
    Not really.

If what is in green is as cravenly "Political" as you guess, that's kinda the exact opposite of what I(personally) would want. Never mind if the "Thinking Of You All Right Now..." is just bit, and the actual bones of it is a strictly political play.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Looking like another very bad day for the DJI, unless it manages a very sharp rebound later today. Down 275 points.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's hanging nominal now.

The 1.75% composite drop will require action to recover from though ... unless congress decides it is just a "market correction."

Regardless, this will hand over the POTUS' head. Too many storm clouds are forming.
    From the end of the day...

- https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...ing/ar-AAI6omP

Dow rises 120 points, rebounding from steep 2-day sell-off
    Wouldn't have put money on that at the start of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not really.

If what is in green is as cravenly "Political" as you guess, that's kinda the exact opposite of what I(personally) would want. Never mind if the "Thinking Of You All Right Now..." is just bit, and the actual bones of it is a strictly political play.
    Building bridges between camps is kind of important, 30. A kind moment goes a long way.

Building bridges between camps is kind of important, 30. A kind moment goes a long way.
    Someone just pointed out that they suspect it is not entirely that.

Don't disagree with that first part though.

Someone just pointed out that they suspect it is not entirely that.

Don't disagree with that first part though.
    A move can be good politics /and/ still be genuinely kind. Frequently, the best ones are both. It's not something that is mutually exclusive.

A move can be good politics /and/ still be genuinely kind. Frequently, the best ones are both. It's not something that is mutually exclusive.
    One guy's take...

It's more the "Psst..."/"Code" aspect of that guess that concerns me(assuming said guess is anywhere near correct). It's got the potential to be something that can run a wedge. Less of that/more being on the level would(again, assuming the above guess is actually anywhere near correct) is where I, personally, would want to see thing go.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm surprised no one mentioned this here but this came out a couple of days ago

Trump wanted a trench filled with alligators and snakes to secure the southern border.

This will be included in a book coming out on Tuesday titled Border Wars: Inside Trump's Assault on Immigration. Allegedly another idea he was interested in was having flesh piercing spikes on the top of the fence. When told that border guards could not shot people throwing rocks at them he inquired if they could just be shot in the legs. It's getting to the point where people don't even blink when stuff like this about Trump comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Trump wanted a trench filled with alligators and snakes to secure the southern border.

This will be included in a book coming out on Tuesday titled Border Wars: Inside Trump's Assault on Immigration. Allegedly another idea he was interested in was having flesh piercing spikes on the top of the fence. When told that border guards could not shot people throwing rocks at them he inquired if they could just be shot in the legs. It's getting to the point where people don't even blink when stuff like this about Trump comes out.
    While I'm not going to say that I am completely sure, didn't it come up when the "Shoot Them In The Legs..." news came up?

Again, not certain. Just feels like it might have.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

I saw this on twitter and thought, like so many others, 'Why not just go all the way and get some sharks with frigging lasers on their heads?'

I saw this on twitter and thought, like so many others, 'Why not just go all the way and get some sharks with frigging lasers on their heads?'
    While I try not to just go right to "Smart Alec" when it comes to the stuff that is this big of a drag, there was a moment where I thought "You realize that an alligator has legs it can just walk out of the water on, right?"

What if they decide to go on a "Being Scary..." lunch break?

While I try not to just go right to "Smart Alec" when it comes to the stuff that is this big of a drag, there was a moment where I thought "You realize that an alligator has legs it can just walk out of the water on, right?"

What if they decide to go on a "Being Scary..." lunch break?
    They made a movie about that this year.