Page 601 of 667 FirstFirst ... 101501551591597598599600601602603604605611651 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    In a class move, Sen. Elizabeth Warren bought dinners for all of Sen. Sanders' campaign staff while he was hospitalized.

It also shows she's a real baller. It's "thinking of you all right now", and it's also, "Psst... if he has to drop out, don't work for Biden. I got you, fam."

This is clearly the sort of savvy politico you want running the country.
    True. Politics is a dirty game whether we like it or not. So we should want someone who will do the right thing by us, but also knows how to fight dirty when she has to.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    True. Politics is a dirty game whether we like it or not. So we should want someone who will do the right thing by us, but also knows how to fight dirty when she has to.
    You are only going to ensure that it remains a dirty game doing this sort of thing(allowing for that there is something to the assessment we are discussing).

Perpetuating it just because doing so is an option is a pretty lousy justification.

Edit:

Never mind perpetuating it while calling politics out for being a dirty game.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-03-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    It's a matter of who appoints the replacements for the Senators caught up in the impeachment as to a Majority before any election, but after 2020 if enough vacancies are opened who knows?

#
    If I were a Republican Senator, I would see that I have a much better chance of keeping my job be demonizing a lame-duck president Pelosi and her party, who made her President through an "undemocratic" process. There isn't much she can do with the current Senate makeup. Her approval numbers are not good. Running with her in the White House would be easier than running defending a vote against impeachment of an obvious criminal.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    A move can be good politics /and/ still be genuinely kind. Frequently, the best ones are both. It's not something that is mutually exclusive.
    It looks like “playing to the gallery” to me..

Genuine kindness..I think..would be a small private gesture like sending a “Get well” card, or an unpublicised phone call asking if there was any way she could help.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    It looks like “playing to the gallery” to me..

Genuine kindness..I think..would be a small private gesture like sending a “Get well” card, or an unpublicised phone call asking if there was any way she could help.
    The question is... Did she or her camp leak it to the media, or did somebody from Bernard's camp do so?

It's beginning to look like a full blown #FreeLunchGate for rightwing twitter!
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The question is... Did she or her camp leak it to the media, or did somebody from Bernard's camp do so?

It's beginning to look like a full blown #FreeLunchGate for rightwing twitter!
    True.

And I accept your (implied) suggestion that it’s “small beer”. If same standards are applied to Donald T and Elizabeth W...it’s Elizabeth that consistently comes across as a decent person.

If I were a Republican Senator, I would see that I have a much better chance of keeping my job be demonizing a lame-duck president Pelosi and her party, who made her President through an "undemocratic" process. There isn't much she can do with the current Senate makeup. Her approval numbers are not good. Running with her in the White House would be easier than running defending a vote against impeachment of an obvious criminal.
    If, for example, it comes out that Trump and Rudy knew there was no dirt on the Bidens but actively put pressure on the Ukranians to CREATE dirt... Then Susan Collins might issue a written statement saying she is very concerned.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Until Trump tells him not to.

====================

Newly Revealed Trump Administration Texts On Ukraine Appear To Show Clear Quid Pro Quos

Trump’s call with the leader of Ukraine has prompted an impeachment inquiry as Democrats condemn what they call brazen efforts to extract political favors. You grease my palm and I grease yours. Sheesh!

Fox Legal Analyst: Trump’s Behavior ‘Criminal And Impeachable’

Judge Andrew Napolitano also warned Trump’s “Civil War” tweet is “a dog whistle to the deranged.” Which most Trump followers are.

Experts See Big Holes In Trump’s Alleged Idea For A Snake-Filled Border Moat

It might surprise you that a thousand-mile moat isn’t practical. gee whiz! What a surprise!

Bernie Sanders Still In Hospital But Recovering After Surgery

The 2020 Democratic candidate is expected to be discharged soon and will be at October’s presidential debate, according to the senator’s wife, Jane Sanders. Good to hear.

Comedians Skewer Rudy Giuliani With Mock Subway Ads: ‘Need A Lawyer? Call Crazy Rudy’

He does back-channel deals, has no shame and “will work for free!” the satirical signs pitch. Rudy makes Saul Goodman (Better Call Saul) look like a Boy Scout.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The scenario of Trump and Pence resigning seems quite unlikely, but it would be really interesting to see all the political calculations get upended. What would Democrats do if the election were not about who could best take out Trump, and what would Republicans do if there's suddenly an open race for the nomination?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

We are for once in agreement.

Also, someone had this to say:

"The least believable part about Wohl's entire performance piece is that Liz "I Have a Plan For That" Warren would say "surprise me" and leave something as important as BDSM activity and toy selection up to the 24 year old rentboy."
    I will say some have expressed concern about the rumors.

https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/s...81948987850753

The Hoarse Whisperer wrote "Jacob Wohl claims Liz Warren had an affair with a 24-year old marine.

I hope this is untrue. With her stamina, she could’ve killed the poor man."
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

A move can be good politics /and/ still be genuinely kind. Frequently, the best ones are both. It's not something that is mutually exclusive.
    See, someone else gets it.

Then again, it seems the qualification for finding the move by Warren to be somehow questionable is to be the kind of person who will criticize any female presidential candidate irrationally for a half dozen posts or more for someone having said something nice about them.

*shrugs*
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

By the by, the RNC and the Trump 2020 campaign have begun dropping a ton of money on ads to pop up in Facebook feeds and on Youtube to tell "the real story about the Bidens and Ukraine". It's the 2016 social media bots and disinformation beginning now on an already debunked conspiracy theory that virtually no one believes, and the media is WAY ahead of calling bulls***.

This is the hill they're intent on dying on, though, and they're spending big cash to gaslight the public to see if they can find a rube or two.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    By the by, the RNC and the Trump 2020 campaign have begun dropping a ton of money on ads to pop up in Facebook feeds and on Youtube to tell "the real story about the Bidens and Ukraine". It's the 2016 social media bots and disinformation beginning now on an already debunked conspiracy theory that virtually no one believes, and the media is WAY ahead of calling bulls***.

This is the hill they're intent on dying on, though, and they're spending big cash to gaslight the public to see if they can find a rube or two.
    It's up the legitimate media to see how they handle it now. If their reporting shows its all bullshit and conspiracy theories they have an obligation to push just as hard back questioning why their pundits and guests are towing the conspiracy line.

They didn't do a good enough job combatting past conspiracies imo. Birtherism should have been drowned out as for the kooks the second it came up but they assisted trump .

CNN should continue not airing the ads that have blatant lies and propaganda. Any network that does is helping him gaslight the public. There are large swaths of people that see Facebook ads or tv commercials and cannot distinguish lies and truth.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    It's up the legitimate media to see how they handle it now. If their reporting shows its all bullshit and conspiracy theories they have an obligation to push just as hard back questioning why their pundits and guests are towing the conspiracy line.

They didn't do a good enough job combatting past conspiracies imo. Birtherism should have been drowned out as for the kooks the second it came up but they assisted trump .

CNN should continue not airing the ads that have blatant lies and propaganda. Any network that does is helping him gaslight the public. There are large swaths of people that see Facebook ads or tv commercials and cannot distinguish lies and truth.
    I reported the ad as "inappropriate" when I saw it on Youtube. And they should be embarrassed for running it.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I can't help but wonder what happens if trump wins again.
    A Massive fracture in our country he mentioned if He was impeached....
    But for all the people complaining online about this guy I have a feeling that If hes re elected it'll be a similar fracture.

If everyone screaming and yelling for his blood every day on Twitter realize that screaming and yelling does Nothing to sway the minds of half "Or" so of the people.
    It seems to me that too many people really want to Thanos snap half the others away
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.