Page 648 of 667 FirstFirst ... 148548598638644645646647648649650651652658 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 10005
    Extraordinary Member

Warren has to stop being afraid of the word taxes.

Yeah, Sanders sounds weak...

This guy is on fire.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    When it come to health care, I prefer Mayor Pete's Plan better than Warren and Sanders.
    He doesn't have a real plan. Also the way he wants to do it would create a plan where a public option would be unaffordable to the people that actually need it. Bernie understands that. Warren I wish she wouldn't dance around it.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    What is his plan though?

I haven't heard this guy once address the issue that Warren just laid out.

If it is "It's Great Until You Actually Try To Use It...", how is it better?
    Plan might be too strong a word, but his basic idea is to give people a choice. If they are on insurance that they can afford and that they like, then fine. For everyone else, then we can have an expanded medicare for all who need it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Plan might be too strong a word, but his basic idea is to give people a choice. If they are on insurance that they can afford and that they like, then fine. For everyone else, then we can have an expanded medicare for all who need it.
    While I see where you are coming from, I think that what he is talking about goes nose over tail when someone actually has to use insurance.

I haven't seen the guy do anything like actually addressing that once.

Extraordinary Member

If they think their plan is that good then the only possible way M4A takes them off it is if it at minimum the public option equals it. So even if you love it, you're getting the same thing and shouldn't care. Unless you really just happen to love the name of your insurance provider it doesn't matter

They just set poor old Steyer up making him follow Sanders like that.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    If they think their plan is that good then the only possible way M4A takes them off it is if it at minimum the public option equals it. So even if you love it, you're getting the same thing and shouldn't care. Unless you really just happen to love the name of your insurance provider it doesn't matter
    I'm more concerned that M4A will decrease the funding of hospitals and those in the Medical Profession. While it's true that some doctors earn a lot of meony, it's also true that there are rural areas of the country that have little or no access to health care. maybe one doctor who serves an entore county, and no hospital for miles.

If M4A makes that situation any worse, then what is the point? They can work on M4A slowly, over time, testing it out until they have something that works, but for now don't place people at risk.

Good for Booker.

While he isn't exactly my choice, I'm glad he just laid that out.

I'm more concerned that M4A will decrease the funding of hospitals and those in the Medical Profession. While it's true that some doctors earn a lot of meony, it's also true that there are rural areas of the country that have little or no access to health care. maybe one doctor who serves an entore county, and no hospital for miles.

If M4A makes that situation any worse, then what is the point? They can work on M4A slowly, over time, testing it out until they have something that works, but for now don't place people at risk.
    Why would you think continuing the system that caused this will help, and going to a system where clinics will be subsidized hurt?
    The problem stems from people without insurance in rural areas. Everyone has Medicare, Dr.s get paid.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-15-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why would you think continuing the system that caused this will help, and going to a system where clinics will be subsidized hurt?
    Tend to agree with this.

The idea that sticking with "Something A Lot Like..." the current lay of the land will leave us with an opening to fundamentally change how it works feels unlikely.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So, what was up with the whole getting people to get money from ads on the net? Who said that, I was listening on a radio.

Tulsi sounds like Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So, what was up with the whole getting people to get money from ads on the net? Who said that, I was listening on a radio.
    Yang did. He has some unusual ideas. I don't understand it myself.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Yang did. He has some unusual ideas. I don't understand it myself.
    I thought that was him. Hard to tell in the car. Thank you.

Interesting that they agree on some things and its economy and health that seem to be the issues.