Page 649 of 667 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 10005

Yang is talking about taxing ad clicks and stock trades and other things by a fraction of a cent. It would raise a lot of revenue but not effect regular people.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yang is talking about taxing ad clicks and stock trades and other things by a fraction of a cent. It would raise a lot of revenue but not effect regular people.
    But how the hell would that even work? Especially if people have ad block. And who clicks on ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    But how the hell would that even work? Especially if people have ad block. And who clicks on ads?
    Not sure, and not sure if he said ad clicks or ads. We would have to read his webpage. He did say he wants Amazon to pay a small VAT on all sales.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Warren has to stop being afraid of the word taxes.
    100% This needs to be said more. Just be direct, it's got a better chance than playing word games with people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Do you "Many..." is more or less than the number of folks that have had the current lay of the private insurance land kick them in the side of the head?
    Voters are not always rational.

Polling on Medicare for All is strong by name. Once you ask people about how they feel about the actual impacts.....not strong at all.

BANNED

Why would you think continuing the system that caused this will help, and going to a system where clinics will be subsidized hurt?
    The problem stems from people without insurance in rural areas. Everyone has Medicare, Dr.s get paid.
    I can't disagree much with the logic in your first sentence, but I disagree with the second sentence. Rural areas are losing access, not because a lack of insured by the cost structures to maintain a hospital are overwhelming to small communities. So you get consolidation and long distances to centralized care centers.

It's possible medicare for all fixes this....it's also possible it makes the problem worse because it weakens funding.

Why would you think continuing the system that caused this will help, and going to a system where clinics will be subsidized hurt?
    The problem stems from people without insurance in rural areas. Everyone has Medicare, Dr.s get paid.
    i hate to use this analogy, but Public Education. Great in wealthy communities, not so great in poorer communities. If Medicare for All depends solely on taxes, and those taxes don't measure up to the cost of keeping a hospital in a rural area up and running, then we have a problem. We have a problem now, the question is can that problem be solved. Is there a way to Provide medical access to all Americans, regardless of where they live; provide quality medical care - not production line or minimal services; and do this in a way that makes health care affordable yet doesn't drive Doctors away from the areas that need them the most, doesn't cause more hospitals to close, and doesn't drive down medical research into finding cures for diseases like Cancer.

These are things that need to be thought about when coming up with a revised health Care system.

I was on the ACA for 1 year, most of the doctors I normally went to didn't accept it. I had to delay treatment for a year until I got off the ACA and bought my own insurance.

I really liked the ACA in that I liked not having to pay monthly premiums. Right now my health insurance is bankrupting me. But, until all the problems are worked out, other people might find themselves in similar situations if they are on a M4A type plan and no doctors accept it because they can't afford to.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-15-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/in...-with-nothing/
    \
    On the day Bennie Coleman lost his house, the day armed U.S. marshals came to his door and ordered him off the property, he slumped in a folding chair across the street and watched the vestiges of his 76 years hauled to the curb.
    Movers carted out his easy chair, his clothes, his television. Next came the things that were closest to his heart: his Marine Corps medals and photographs of his dead wife, Martha. The duplex in Northeast Washington that Coleman bought with cash two decades earlier was emptied and shuttered. By sundown, he had nowhere to go.
    All because he didn’t pay a $134 property tax bill.
    Clarifying: it's an old story. I misread the 2013 as 2018. xD

Still a good read, though.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 10-15-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Every other modern country has solved this with public healthcare. Why can't we.
    And your Education analogy has more to do with States. Medicare would be national.
    The current system of for profit doen't work.

BANNED

That attack about not getting things done is something Biden should drub Sanders with all the time. You may not like it, but he ain't wrong.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That attack about not getting things done is something Biden should drub Sanders with all the time. You may not like it, but he ain't wrong.
    And Sanders just ruined him. Biden plays with the establishment so he gets things threw. However, by doing that he's got a lot of disastrous **** done

BANNED

And Sanders just ruined him. Biden plays with the establishment so he gets things threw. However, by doing that he's got a lot of disastrous **** done
    I disagree, Sanders response was to deflect from the fact that he's accomplished nothing. At least Warren had accomplishments to declare. Sanders literally doesn't.

I also think it's odd how all these people that attack Biden for his willingness to work with Republicans are now echoing the same sentiment. It's just an interesting contrast. I know it's political but it's odd.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I disagree, Sanders response was to deflect from the fact that he's accomplished nothing. At least Warren had accomplishments to declare. Sanders literally doesn't.

I also think it's odd how all these people that attack Biden for his willingness to work with Republicans are now echoing the same sentiment. It's just an interesting contrast. I know it's political but it's odd.
    The last person who tried to run as the practical candidate who got things done and had a poor record lost. His accomplishments are tied to others and he still has to own all the **** he caused. Also the reaction I've seen is that Biden looked terrible with that answer.

Anyways AOC about to endorse Sanders which is going to really add a new dynamic to the progressive side fo the aisle.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Would there be a practical way to implement M4A? Like roll it out in a way that gives people time to consider the benefits of it. Better Analogy could be the national parks, money getting taken from them to fund other things. I can see it working, but you would need to do something to make sure that hospitals can stay afloat and can't get bought out. I know the form in Japan isn't perfect and the smaller countries that use it do great, but is there anyone that uses it and is the size of the US that we can look at, other than Canada.

BANNED

The last person who tried to run as the practical candidate who got things done and had a poor record lost. His accomplishments are tied to others and he still has to own all the **** he caused. Also the reaction I've seen is that Biden looked terrible with that answer.

Anyways AOC about to endorse Sanders which is going to really add a new dynamic to the progressive side fo the aisle.
    Perhaps the reactions you're seeing are not a good representative sample of the people who will actually be voting.