Page 78 of 548 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 8215

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The sad thing is I don't think it's preposterous at all, we already saw the start of it in 2016. If he loses in 2020 he will call the election rigged, I am damn certain of this. The good news is I don't think he has the backing of anyone to make a serious play to stay in power, even his toadies in congress mostly tolerate him rather than actually like him.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    The sad thing is I don't think it's preposterous at all, we already saw the start of it in 2016. If he loses in 2020 he will call the election rigged, I am damn certain of this. The good news is I don't think he has the backing of anyone to make a serious play to stay in power, even his toadies in congress mostly tolerate him rather than actually like him.
    I don’t think it’s a matter of compliant Republicans in Congress tolerating Trump, in my opinion, they either agree with his madness or are afraid of going against him because of the power he wields with his brainless lemmings who are more loyal to him than the party. I suspect that if Trump were to subvert the Constitution to stay in power, Republicans will more than likely look the other way rather than stop him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I don’t think it’s a matter of compliant Republicans in Congress tolerating Trump, in my opinion, they either agree with his madness or are afraid of going against him because of the power he wields with his brainless lemmings who are more loyal to him than the party. I suspect that if Trump were to subvert the Constitution to stay in power, Republicans will more than likely look the other way rather than stop him.
    Exactly, I think GOP congressmen are afraid of what he can have on them. But guys, I don't think he's gonna lose the election. He's going to rig it, because that's what he does, even in Golf. He cheats all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Like say, someone who always rushes in to post excuses when his party and members of it embrace white nationalists, and link to their accounts, rather than do the noble thing and criticize them for doing so.
    If you think anything I said is inaccurate, by all means point it out. The objection seems to be that I'm on the wrong side, rather than the merits of the specific argument.

Most of the discussion here is left-wing, so there isn't much good in convincing you guys that Republicans should be criticized.

I remain more willing that most others here to support the other party's candidates for office. In the midterms, I mentioned what Democrats I'd like to see win. Currently, I would prefer the Democratic frontrunner to win the presidential election over the Republican incumbent, and I've been pretty open about that. Much of the regulars aren't as open about their positions, talking a lot about Trump when his election wouldn't have changed their vote in any election.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Whether or not someone has previously been familiar with the person they're retweeting is irrelevant. If you retweet something, that means it interests you. If you disagree with the tweet, you should say so. If you don't, we can only assume that you agree with the tweet.
    Although I'm sure he doesn't agreement with the sentiment, the tweet itself wasn't the main thing WBE objected to. He objected to the person being retweeted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker announced the full details of the much-anticipated bill that would lift the statewide prohibition on marijuana and allow Illinois pot shops to start selling the drug legally by the start of the new year.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/pr...-legalization/

Good for Illinois.

Governor Pritzker is the third-wealthiest U.S. politician to have ever held office, after Michael Bloomberg and Donald Trump.
    He's also under investigation for property tax fraud.

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/pritz...ty-tax-scheme/

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    It's May 2019, with a year or so to go before Primaries start, and the worse Republicans are during that time the less Dems will be wanting to excuse their support for rampant bigotry. The Polls right now mean little to the primaries next year, and whether or not he's the most popular of the crowded field it doesn't make his nomination a sure/good thing. 'Most Popular in a Crowded Field' gave us Trump after all, and I don't think 36% should speak for the majority either.
    I get Biden's nomination isn't a sure thing, but if he thinks he can be a good President, it would be foolish for him to look at the numbers and think he should drop out.

The numbers also suggest his loss isn't a sure thing, either.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...67530828173313

I hope you all know that the Kentucky Derby travesty was a result of all of your liberal political correctness. See what you all did!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...67530828173313

I hope you all know that the Kentucky Derby travesty was a result of all of your liberal political correctness. See what you all did!
    Honestly, we should probably consider outlawing horse racing.

(Dog racing too . . . although that's started to happen a bit. And it is illegal in Canada.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If you think anything I said is inaccurate, by all means point it out. The objection seems to be that I'm on the wrong side, rather than the merits of the specific argument.
    In this instance, you're defending Donald Trump's affinity for white nationalists.

This isn't about the leftys ganging up on you because you're the one who admits to being a Republican. You're defending a president embracing white nationalists. Regardless of if you were Republican, Libertarian, Democrat, Green Party, or a member of any party, that's disappointing. There is no civil discourse where that does not place you on the wrong side of a political argument, Mets.

And y'know what? A little secret... you don't have to play defense out of some reflex for these ***holes. You can read a post, see someone in your party doing something atrocious, and tell yourself, "Y'know, that's fair criticism. Maybe there's no reason to rush to defend a white nationalist."

Never forget that's an option.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My hope is that the people in his administration who've been ignoring his worst directives on the DL will step up and resist should the situation call for it. I wouldn't bet the farm on it tho.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.

Twitter Link

I'd say they are both, competent and incompetent.
    They're intentionally incompetent. They've spent the last forty years telling us that government can't do anything right and we should leave things to the private sector, so they get into government and make sure that it can't do anything right, so we'll gladly hand things over to the private sector.

Trumpís diabolical plan to blow up democracy, get reelected and avoid jail just might work | Will Bunch

ow did Donald Trumpís most recent week go?

Letís see ... his recently handpicked attorney general William Barr was accused of committing a crime by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and seems on the brink of a contempt of Congress citation. A growing chorus of influential Democrats say the disclosures in the finally mostly released Mueller Report and the administrationís growing defiance of Congress may leave no other choice but impeachment. And the 2020 Democrat that Trump seems to fear most -- former vice president Joe Biden -- has emerged as his partyís clear front-runner for the nomination.

So I know what youíre thinking and youíre probably right: This was the best week, for Trump, out of his crisis-soaked 119 weeks in the White House.

Some of the reasons that Trump can light up a celebratory cigar on whatever taxpayer-reimbursed golf green heís bilking us at as I write this are Ė in part Ė the conventional ones. By every traditional measure, the economy is booming (and weíll defer the conversation about gig-working, rent-and-college-debt-drowning millennials for another day.) With that, and with Trumpís idiot-savant political skills in getting Barr to roll out the Mueller Report findings to deaden any blows and somehow portray himself as a victim, the president has risen to 46 percent approval in the Gallup poll. Thatís highest of his presidency -- and equal to the number that got Trump elected on Nov. 8, 2016.
    But the most significant development for Trumpís 2020 reelection bid is something else that came into clear focus over the course of the week: The president has a plan for survival. It involves essentially shredding the Constitution, demolishing the government of ďchecks and balancesĒ that was envisioned by the Founders, and promoting a crisis that will leave Americans angry and, at least psychologically, poised for a civil war. That sounds scary but the scariest part is: It just might work: Not for the nation, of course, but for Trump, which in Trumpland is the only outcome that matters.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

https://berniesanders.com/revitalizing-rural-america/

Sanders has unveiled his plan to "Revitalize Rural America." (It's actually pretty comprehensive.)

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    In this instance, you're defending Donald Trump's affinity for white nationalists.

This isn't about the leftys ganging up on you because you're the one who admits to being a Republican. You're defending a president embracing white nationalists. Regardless of if you were Republican, Libertarian, Democrat, Green Party, or a member of any party, that's disappointing. There is no civil discourse where that does not place you on the wrong side of a political argument, Mets.

And y'know what? A little secret... you don't have to play defense out of some reflex for these ***holes. You can read a post, see someone in your party doing something atrocious, and tell yourself, "Y'know, that's fair criticism. Maybe there's no reason to rush to defend a white nationalist."

Never forget that's an option.
    I didn't defend "Donald Trump's affinity for white nationalists." I'm arguing that the evidence used to support that point is rather flawed.

If you think your criticism is fair and accurate, make that case. Demonstrate where I countered, prior to your post here, that it's okay for President Trump to amplify hatemongers, or where I said he's an ignorant, senile, idiot.

You could also say why you disagree with my idea that we shouldn't expect politicians to be familiar with the likes of Lauren Southern.

If you're discussing President Trump's flaws, you shouldn't have to exxaggerate, or make stuff up.

I don't think we have to worry about the moron staying in office past his time, there seems to be nowhere in the world he'd rather be less than in the White House.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I didn't defend "Donald Trump's affinity for white nationalists." I'm arguing that the evidence used to support that point is rather flawed.

If you think your criticism is fair and accurate, make that case. Demonstrate where I countered, prior to your post here, that it's okay for President Trump to amplify hatemongers, or where I said he's an ignorant, senile, idiot.

You could also say why you disagree with my idea that we shouldn't expect politicians to be familiar with the likes of Lauren Southern.

If you're discussing President Trump's flaws, you shouldn't have to exxaggerate, or make stuff up.
    Trump tweets white nationistic rgetoric and white nationalist groups.

That was easy, anyone for tea ?

Ultimate Member

Candace Owens steps down as communications director of Turning Points USA
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ning-point-usa

Don't worry, she still has her Pager U "show"!