Page 79 of 555 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 8315

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I didn't defend "Donald Trump's affinity for white nationalists." I'm arguing that the evidence used to support that point is rather flawed.

If you think your criticism is fair and accurate, make that case. Demonstrate where I countered, prior to your post here, that it's okay for President Trump to amplify hatemongers, or where I said he's an ignorant, senile, idiot.

You could also say why you disagree with my idea that we shouldn't expect politicians to be familiar with the likes of Lauren Southern.

If you're discussing President Trump's flaws, you shouldn't have to exxaggerate, or make stuff up.
    If you retweet someone else, you should be familiar with that someone else. At least enough to know whether or not you agree with the tweet. Why would anyone retweet something without knowing if they agree with it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I didn't defend "Donald Trump's affinity for white nationalists." I'm arguing that the evidence used to support that point is rather flawed.

If you think your criticism is fair and accurate, make that case. Demonstrate where I countered, prior to your post here, that it's okay for President Trump to amplify hatemongers, or where I said he's an ignorant, senile, idiot.

You could also say why you disagree with my idea that we shouldn't expect politicians to be familiar with the likes of Lauren Southern.

If you're discussing President Trump's flaws, you shouldn't have to exxaggerate, or make stuff up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Trump tweets white nationistic rgetoric and white nationalist groups.

That was easy, anyone for tea ?
    This.

Also, presidents have teams of advisers who are supposed to keep them informed and avoid his sort of thing.
    Also, anyone, a president or otherwise, can do a goddamned Google search.

If you'd like to not be called out for playing defense for individuals who shared the views of white nationalists... again... You can choose to criticize him for it, you can choose to ignore it, or just avoid ending up defend Trump, or other members like Steve King when they do things like this.

Hell, a wiser man might notice a pattern, instead of falling into a habit of ending up on this side of the debate, and acting surprised when it keeps happening.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Trump retweets Jerry Falwell Jr. suggesting his term should be extended by two years

President Trump on Sunday retweeted a post from Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. that said Trumpís first term should be extended by two years as payback "for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup."

Falwell, an avid and vocal supporter of Trump, was alluding to the recently completed investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election that special counsel Robert Mueller conducted.

"After the best week ever for @realDonaldTrump - no obstruction, no collusion, NYT admits @BarackObama did spy on his campaign, & the economy is soaring. I now support reparations-Trump should have 2 yrs added to his 1st term as pay back for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup," Falwell tweeted.

Trump followed up the retweet with tweets of his own alleging two years of his presidency were "stollen" that "we will never be able to get back."
    Yeah, right. Two years in prison seems more fitting for Trump.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Despite the tremendous success that I have had as President, including perhaps the greatest ECONOMY and most successful first two years of any President in history, they have stollen two years of my (our) Presidency (Collusion Delusion) that we will never be able to get back.....
    Even my spellchecker here online caught that. Does he just ignore or have autocorrect off?

....The Witch Hunt is over but we will never forget. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
    That word usage seems very wrong.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I don't think we have to worry about the moron staying in office past his time, there seems to be nowhere in the world he'd rather be less than in the White House.
    You might be right. Problem is, Trumpís monstrous ego wonít allow him to quit, and his appetite for power has him longing for another term, perhaps more if he could only subvert the Constitutional rule that only allows him to serve two terms. Trump wants to be president for life like his buddies Kim and Putin, if he can find a way to make it happen, he will.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You might be right. Problem is, Trump’s monstrous ego won’t allow him to quit, and his appetite for power has him longing for another term, perhaps more if he could only subvert the Constitutional rule that only allows him to serve two terms. Trump wants to be president for life like his buddies Kim and Putin, if he can find a way to make it happen, he will.
    Exactly, and my fear, with the GOP standing for him in fear of being wiped out in the next election, is that it might already be too late. that he will cheat the next election and break the constitution. What will you do then?

You might be right. Problem is, Trump’s monstrous ego won’t allow him to quit, and his appetite for power has him longing for another term, perhaps more if he could only subvert the Constitutional rule that only allows him to serve two terms. Trump wants to be president for life like his buddies Kim and Putin, if he can find a way to make it happen, he will.
    I still think his goal is to lose so he can spend the rest of his life claiming to be the "real" president. But then I thought that in 2016 too, so what to I know...

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump retweets Jerry Falwell Jr. suggesting his term should be extended by two years

Yeah, right. Two years in prison seems more fitting for Trump.
    If we go by Falwell jr's logic then they owe Bill Clinton some time too since Whitewater didn't turn up anything. But they went outside the scope of that with the Monica affair. And maybe extend Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appointment too since they wasted her time with Benghazi investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    If we go by Falwell jr's logic then they owe Bill Clinton some time too since Whitewater didn't turn up anything. But they went outside the scope of that with the Monica affair. And maybe extend Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appointment too since they wasted her time with Benghazi investigations.
    How many years were wasted with dismantling the ACA? Obama has about another term and a half coming.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I still think his goal is to lose so he can spend the rest of his life claiming to be the "real" president. But then I thought that in 2016 too, so what to I know...
    I think he's desperate. Trump knows that there are state attorney generals with sealed indictments against him and his family so that they can't get away with crimes by citing the statute of limitations, and those indictments being announced... that's on the backburner for him to be out of office so he can't pardon anyone, or avoid indictment himself. If he's not the president, it begins the "gonna die in prison" chapter of his life. Assuming that another Republican president doesn't take pity on him and pardon him, like Ford did for Nixon (nobody likes Trump enough to do that).

U.S. Deploys Aircraft Carrier And Bombers To Send ‘Unmistakable Message’ To Iran

National security advisor John Bolton said the deployments were in response to “troubling and escalatory indications and warnings” from Iran. It goes without saying Congress should demand Johnny Warhawk give a full explanation as to just what's going on with Iran.

Boeing Delayed Telling FAA Warning Light Was Shut Off On Many 737 Max Planes

Two of the company’s planes have crashed in recent months, killing everyone on board. Ladies and gentlemen, start your lawyers! Lawsuits from families who lost loved ones in those crashes will be flying fast and furiously.

Donald Trump Says Robert Mueller ‘Should Not Testify’ Before Congress

The president said last week that he would let Attorney General William Barr decide the matter. So, what changed Dolt45's mind? Antsy over what Mueller might say? Meanwhile....

Omarosa Accuses Trump Administration Of Destroying Boxes Of Evidence For Mueller

The ex-Trump aide says upon her firing, she was told to leave boxes of documents that should’ve been given to the special counsel. It's hard to take anything Dragon Lady Omarosa says seriously, but if this story is true, then it's damn troubling.

Joe Biden Gives Trump A Nickname Of His Own: ‘Clown’

“There’s so many nicknames I’m inclined to give this guy,” the former vice president and 2020 Democratic contender said Saturday. My suggestion----DON'T! There's no reason to sink to Trump's childish level of insulting people like a grade schooler.

Joe Biden Gives Trump A Nickname Of His Own: ‘Clown’

“There’s so many nicknames I’m inclined to give this guy,” the former vice president and 2020 Democratic contender said Saturday. My suggestion----DON'T! There's no reason to sink to Trump's childish level of insulting people like a grade schooler.
    What was John Stewart's moniker for Trump? Baron F***face von Clownstick?

Leave it to the pros, Joe. They do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Hell, even rank amateurs all over the Internet do better.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

He could have at least thrown "Cookie The..." in front of it. While I'm not usually one to take pokes at people based on their looks, the trip from the guy in question to Cookie is about a stumble and a fall.

Never mind that the whole joke about wanting to lead the Grand March is right there.

Finally, got to agree on that there is no reason to get stupid just because Trump's go to is "Stupid".

Omarosa Accuses Trump Administration Of Destroying Boxes Of Evidence For Mueller

The ex-Trump aide says upon her firing, she was told to leave boxes of documents that should’ve been given to the special counsel. It's hard to take anything Dragon Lady Omarosa says seriously, but if this story is true, then it's damn troubling.

One thing that I couldn't help but think when I heard about that assertion.

She was obviously taping what was going on, but there isn't so much as a picture of these documents? Never mind that it's kind of hard to believe that this bit is the one thing that the investigation would have failed to turn up.