Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah. Her codename is Nocturne.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He hit her. He's done this before. Herr Wunderbar just did it again.
    And again, he has options. He's practiced all sorts of alternative acrobatics.

And still, he hits her.

He's an actor. He can teleport. It's his studio, his stage, his solo...and still he hits her.
    This Kurt is as corrupt as Kurt Darkholme. Maybe more so. His fall from this heaven, this stage, this figment and mythology is going to be hard. I hope it hurts. I hope he has to walk this off...I hope (there's that word) he comes into an awful awareness that Xavier, God, Margali, Storm, Jean, X-Man, Mystique, the Beyonder, the movies, the books, the guilt, the crossovers, the world that hates the world he loves, the trapeze, the things he believes, the mythologies...they're acts...scripts...image inducers...wax and feathers and a big hot sun and a big bad dad who says fly but beware...it's Jonathan Peter Pan Carter, fairy tale...its all absence...there's no upon a time for Kurt Wagner...and he gave up his ever after already. Heroically. Human.

There are times in life when the amazing thing you do, the thing you never thought you could do, the miraculous feat...is horrible, is a great failure...and he hits her and he hardly reacts...and how he responds to having what he's done is to say to himself...

"she can take a punch"

I wonder how that feels in his hand?
    Last edited by sungila; 04-13-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post

And still, he hits her.

He's an actor. He can teleport. It's his studio, his stage, his solo...and still he hits her.
    This Kurt is as corrupt as Kurt Darkholme. Maybe more so. His fall from this heaven, this stage, this figment and mythology is going to be hard. I hope it hurts. I hope he has to walk this off...I hope (there's a that word) he comes into an awful awareness that Xavier, God, Margali, Storm, Jean, X-Man, Mystique, the Beyonder, the movies, the books, the guilt, the crossovers, the trapeze, the things he believes, the mythologies...

There are times in life when the amazing thing you do, the thing you never thought you could do, the miraculous feat...is horrible, is a great failure...and he hits her and he hardly reacts...and how he responds to having what he's done is to say to himself...

"she can take a punch"

well to be fair she was the first one to strike...... but maybe I'm missing the point
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

spoilers:
    I really didn't expect to say this, but I found this issue... kind of heart-warming? Like, Meggan thinks Kurt's about to do something potentially foolish for love, but she backs him because she understands sometimes you bend the rules for love. The Cuckoos know he's up to something, but play along because he's stood up for them in the past. And, really, I won't be surprised if the brawl between studios at the end is all a set-up too, so Kurt can vanish during the scrum. All the propaganda underpinnings that have been running through this series are still there, the danger of discovery is still there and now Kurt's compounding it with his search for TJ, but still... Kurt's friends rallying to him because they care, because he's been a good person, just gave me a much needed moment of warm and fluffy feelings. And Meggan talking about the nature of prejudice and judgement and how it relates to her own background was so well done!

I really want to keep this creative team once this event is over. Great art, great character work.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post

And still, he hits her.

This Kurt is as corrupt as Kurt Darkholme. Maybe more so. His fall from this heaven, this stage, this figment and mythology is going to be hard. I hope it hurts. I hope he has to walk this off...I hope (there's that word) he comes into an awful awareness that Xavier, God, Margali, Storm, Jean, X-Man, Mystique, the Beyonder, the movies, the books, the guilt, the crossovers, the world that hates the world he loves, the trapeze, the things he believes, the mythologies...they're acts...scripts...image inducers...wax and feathers and a big hot sun and a big bad dad who says fly but beware...it's Jonathan Peter Pan Carter, fairy tale...its all absence...there's no upon a time for Kurt Wagner...and he gave up his ever after already. Heroically. Human.

"she can take a punch"

*rolls eyes

She attacked him first, kicking him in his tender parts. Let's not turn into something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:
    I really didn't expect to say this, but I found this issue... kind of heart-warming? Like, Meggan thinks Kurt's about to do something potentially foolish for love, but she backs him because she understands sometimes you bend the rules for love. The Cuckoos know he's up to something, but play along because he's stood up for them in the past. And, really, I won't be surprised if the brawl between studios at the end is all a set-up too, so Kurt can vanish during the scrum. All the propaganda underpinnings that have been running through this series are still there, the danger of discovery is still there and now Kurt's compounding it with his search for TJ, but still... Kurt's friends rallying to him because they care, because he's been a good person, just gave me a much needed moment of warm and fluffy feelings. And Meggan talking about the nature of prejudice and judgement and how it relates to her own background was so well done!

I really want to keep this creative team once this event is over. Great art, great character work.
    end of spoilers
    Agreed! Great issue full of some much-needed feels.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I am enjoying this mini because Kurt is in character in this book. He has very rarely been written like the Kurt of Excalibur in over a decade, maybe two. Seeing that this probably wasn't really Mystique but designed to try and jog his memories, it doesn't surprise me she gave him a knee to the groin.

I'm really interested to know who is in control of these faux characters, although I believe their purpose is clear - an attempt to wake some of the X-Men out of their false reality.