Default X-Men on Disney+ Live action or animation (CGI and hand drawn)

Everybody has their attention on when the X-Men will finally debut in the MCU, now it’s been confirmed that it will be in fact a awhile before we enter the X-Men’s phase of the MCU. Idk how this will be done when they do do it, but I’m excited like I know most of you are. We recently got word that Gifted has been cancelled and Legion is done after the third season airs, and that’s it for the Fox era X-Men related tv shows.

But lets forget movies for a second, what about an X-Men show for Disney+? Would we have to wait 5 yrs or more for that? I know we have no information about what shows Disney has planned to put on their streaming service and Marvel is only one of the houses Disney owns but I hope it’s not just those Spider-Man and Avengers cartoons from XD I think it was called.

I would say a live action X-Men show probably won’t debut before a X-Men movie comes around, but a cartoon isn’t out of the question. Do you agree? Or do you think we won’t see anything X related until they debut in the MCU? I could see that happening too. I’m talking about a new show for clarification, not TAS, Evo or WatXM. What style animation would you wanna see? I myself am a sucker for CGI, clone wars, transformers prime, Tron uprising are some of my favorites of all time. Netflix’s Love, death and robots has some really dope CGI visuals as well, I’d love an X-Men show done in something like that. Let me know your thoughts and opinions.

I'd rather have one of those fancy slideshows that can show the Phoenix battling Mickey Mouse at the edge of the solar system than a real people film reels that can run out of money to show Cyclops shooting his taxes.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Given what CGI has done to berserk, one punch man, and going to do to kengan ashura, no cgi for xmen. Hand drawn or live action

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

First of all I'll say I'd be perfectly content if the entire X-Men live-action sub-universe was developed for Disney+ and not cinemas. Getting a proper X-Men show with Game of Thrones-level budgets, big name actors and directors beats having a single movie every few years anytime in my book. It's not going to happen and we'll probably have a mix of big movies for the main players (X-Men, Wolverine) on the big screen plus a few spin-offs for Disney+, also to have the inevitable crossover with the properties that already exist as movies, but my preference would be to get everything in show form.

With regards to the animation side of things - if I recall correctly nothing has been announced for Disney+ (or anywhere else for that matter) for the existing shows... Or can anyone remember if anything has been mentioned for Avengers, Spider-Man, etc? Because I think we're in for a reboot of sorts if that's the case. If it happens on Disney+ we can definitely expect something with a much better production value than what we currently have.

Finally, regarding X-Men animation specifically: IF (and it's still a big if at this stage) we're not getting an MCU movie for another 5 years, unless corporate synergy demands it I can see Marvel Animation making a new X-Men cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Given what CGI has done to berserk, one punch man, and going to do to kengan ashura, no cgi for xmen. Hand drawn or live action
    We not talking about manga sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    First of all I'll say I'd be perfectly content if the entire X-Men live-action sub-universe was developed for Disney+ and not cinemas. Getting a proper X-Men show with Game of Thrones-level budgets, big name actors and directors beats having a single movie every few years anytime in my book. It's not going to happen and we'll probably have a mix of big movies for the main players (X-Men, Wolverine) on the big screen plus a few spin-offs for Disney+, also to have the inevitable crossover with the properties that already exist as movies, but my preference would be to get everything in show form.

With regards to the animation side of things - if I recall correctly nothing has been announced for Disney+ (or anywhere else for that matter) for the existing shows... Or can anyone remember if anything has been mentioned for Avengers, Spider-Man, etc? Because I think we're in for a reboot of sorts if that's the case. If it happens on Disney+ we can definitely expect something with a much better production value than what we currently have.

Finally, regarding X-Men animation specifically: IF (and it's still a big if at this stage) we're not getting an MCU movie for another 5 years, unless corporate synergy demands it I can see Marvel Animation making a new X-Men cartoon.
    It would make the decision to subscribe to Disney+ all the more painless.

For now, you'll be lucky if Marvel Rising adds a mutant. The whole animation division is in flux, with the other current Disney XD cartoons axed and just waiting to burn off their remaining episodes. Can't see another X-Men show before the current Spider-Man and Avengers ones are replaced.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't want an X-men show until they scrap their current animation team.

I’m so easy to please, I’ll gobble any material up.

IF I had to choose I’d prefer some stand alone animation in the shorter term and a more cohesive live action in the long term.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?