Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    In previous canon, Force ghosts were established as a Light Side-only ability (and even then, only Light Siders with the requisite knowledge), just as Force Lightning was supposedly a Dark Side-only ability. We saw Yoda call down Force Lightning in THE LAST JEDI, however, so perhaps all the old rules are out the window.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I’m not saying the Sith can learn to force ghost, just that they could do something similar to it. If anybody in Star Wars would know of a way to exist beyond death, I’d buy that the Emperor would have found a way to do so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    In previous canon, Force ghosts were established as a Light Side-only ability (and even then, only Light Siders with the requisite knowledge), just as Force Lightning was supposedly a Dark Side-only ability.
    That was only after the prequels. The Tales of the Jedi comics that Lucas used as a vector to reintroduce Sith Lords established that Sith Lords did in fact linger as ghosts though unlike Jedi those ghosts could be killed with the dark side of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    And, now that we have a title, the online battles will begin in including the reviews by people on youtube before they even see the movie.
    It's going to be a long several months.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    But the only real question is: Will Endgame or Rise of Skywalker be the biggest movie that comes out this year and how much over a billion will each make?
    I think that Endgame will probably "win." While Star Wars is bigger then Marvel and its Saga coming to an end is a bigger milestone then the MCU finishing another Phase, but the MCU has had a lot of hype and steam building up, not to mention movies that have paved the way to it and added more hype.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I am kinda leaning into the idea that Rey forms a new Force path called Skywalker and/or just renames the Jedi Skywalker.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Title is meh. I think all the "Rise of..." subtitles don't do it for me anymore. But the teaser was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Abrams couldn't even come up with a freaking title that wasn't derivative.

I think I'll just watch "Return of the Jedi" and imagine better animations.
    Haha, i thought the exact same. Rise of the Skywalker? Gee, must have been one hell of a brainstorming session that day eh?

Oh and wasn't the whole point of the last jedi to "destroy the past", "break free from the old stuff" or some crap like that?

So....the emperor?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

There is a distinct lack of R2D2 in the promotional materials so far. This disturbs me.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Rise of Skywalker I think could also mean the rise, perhaps, of Luke's "legend" after the Crait standoff inspiring others to resist the First Order, something implied I think in TLJ's last scene.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    Just saw the Episode 9 teaser trailer & am extremely impressed. Though I'm not a ST fan per se (the post-ROTJ timeline is my least favorite time period in the Saga), I have been watching these films - and am looking forward to this last one.

Nice to see:

-That cool new TIE sand skimmer?! vehicle.

I think it's a First Order TIE interceptor of some kind. We've already seen interceptors in Resistance, although this one looks a bit different with longer wings that look a bit like Ren's Silencer. It could be a variant of some kind, after all there are two versions of First Order TIE fighters (The regular one and the dual pilot special forces version).

It's kind of interesting that they used Leia's theme in the trailer, possibly intended as another tribute to Carrie.

The scene with Rey & Leia hugging seems like it might be part of the re-worked TFA footage from the end of the film. Leia's hair and ring are pretty much identical, it looks like they pretty much just re-touched some things and altered the background.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-13-2019 at 06:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Last Jedi: Destroy the past
    Rise of the Skywalker: Bring it back

Ultimate Member

Hopefully they come up with a good explanation for Sheev's (apparent) return that doesn't crap on Luke's victory and Anakin's sacrifice. Also this kind of makes Snoke feel even more arbitrary and derivative now than he already was.

Seeing Lando again was nice, about freaking time LF.

Luke's little speech about "we've taught you everything we know" really doesn't work for me given what TLJ did with him and her.

All three teasers for the ST have featured a character going through some heavy breathing in the first shot.

First Finn, then Rey in the last two.

I wonder if this is some kind of intentional thing.

iMan 42s

So glad to see everybody took the wrong messages from TLJ. Awesome. And no, I'm not having those pedantic arguments again.

Sidious could be back as a ghost. They've been playing with the Sith ghost thing the whole trilogy so it's about time they just do it. Otherwise the Messenger droids from Operation: Cinder could be his way back into the franchise.
    The ghosts aren't even a problem in current canon. The Jedi can manifest as they need to but when it comes to Sith it requires them to be summoned by someone just as powerful, and they can also store their consciousness in places like in other bodies or in objects. Or in one case an object to possess an individual. Sith ghosts do happen in current continuity, it just requires specific requirements.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.