Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Star Wars: Episode IX THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

251 days!

So far we know:
    - Lando pilots the Falcon again.
    - Noami Ackie's character is named Jannah.
    - Finn will be more confident and a full-fledged fighter.
    - Phasma might still be alive.
    - Rose will have an expanded role, higher level officer.
    - The Skywalker lightsaber lives.
    - New Force feats from Rey.
    - Lots of new aliens, all costumes.
    - D-O is the new droid. All practical.
    - Lots of romance?
    - Ian McDiarmid is listed among the cast.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Sidious back in the house. Wonder if Snoke was some kind of rudimentary clone body to house his consciousness all along.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Empty is thy hand!

Hehe, good ol' JJ...

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Liked: New TIE Interceptor looks like a sweet ride

Disliked: The actual scene. Other than another attempt for Rey to look like a bad ass, what kind of strategy was it for the pilot to fly so dangerously low and do nothing?

Liked: Palpatine. Wasn't expecting that. At least I'm intrigued.

Overall: This new trilogy left too bad an aftertaste. Playing it safe and reading the spoilers this time.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I just don't know what it is but I am just not that excited. The trailer was fine and had some cool visuals, but I hated Episode 8 so much I just can't get excited for Episode 9 yet even with a trailer. I am a die hard Star Wars fan so I hope my excitment level goes up, but right now it really is not that much higher than it was pre trailer.

The way I look at it, I've invested too much time to not watch the end of the saga.

Really disappointed to not see Phasma in the trailer!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I just don't know what it is but I am just not that excited. The trailer was fine and had some cool visuals, but I hated Episode 8 so much I just can't get excited for Episode 9 yet even with a trailer. I am a die hard Star Wars fan so I hope my excitement level goes up, but right now it really is not that much higher than it was pre trailer.
    Agree with you 100%!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

The Death Star (II?) ruins remind me of the dropped TFA concept that would have Rey go inside the ruins of the Death Star, which are half submerged, for some reason.

Wonder if the planet/moon is Endor? Doesn't look so foresty anymore. Maybe the fan theory about the destruction of the DS having a negative effect on Endor's environment might become canon afterall!

And as Han said, "I know that laugh".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I'm betting those ruins are where Sidious's ghost/consciousness resides.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I just don't know what it is but I am just not that excited. The trailer was fine and had some cool visuals, but I hated Episode 8 so much I just can't get excited for Episode 9 yet even with a trailer. I am a die hard Star Wars fan so I hope my excitment level goes up, but right now it really is not that much higher than it was pre trailer.
    This. This movie feels less like an event and more like an obligation at this point. Make no mistake I will get around to seeing it, just not in the theatres.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

The title doesn't given me comfort. The title seems to be hinting that Rae will be a Skywalker, which is a shame because the whole premise of the TLJ was that she could be a hero/her own person in her own right and did not have to count on a family legacy.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-12-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Hey remember how everyone turned on force running and force jumping and said it was stupid after The Force Awakens? Well, guess what is back in style?!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    The title doesn't given me comfort. The title seems to be hinting that Rae will be a Skywalker, which is a shame because the whole premise of the TLJ was that she could be a hero/her own person in her own right and did not have to count on a family legacy.
    It could also refer to Ben/Kylo, or even somehow to Luke, Leia or Vader.

Or perhaps she takes the name to honor their legacy somehow, quite a few characters in Star Wars are given names or don't use their 'real' name. Finn, for example. Han's last name, and of course, all the Sith Lords (Although Dooku and Palpatine both use their real names in addition to the Sith title, although Vader and Maul don't). Chewie sort of counts I guess too.

Happens with Lucasfilm's other big franchise too-Indiana Jones is of course Henry Jones Jr (and his son Mutt being Henry Jones III).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-12-2019 at 12:15 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Not a fan of the title but it looks good. No idea what the story's gonna be but that's ok, don't really need to this far out.

Not super excited at the moment but maybe that'll change the closer we get.

BANNED

Abrams couldn't even come up with a freaking title that wasn't derivative.

I think I'll just watch "Return of the Jedi" and imagine better animations.