Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    . . . Surprised that Mairghread Scott is off Batgirl. There seems to be no hard feelings involved, but it's a pity that she couldn't get a longer run—I liked the way that she created a mature Babs where you could still see traces of her old Oracle arc. And having evil Oracle feels like DC is shitting on twenty years of Babs's history and some of the strongest legacies of Yale, Ostrander, Dixon, and Simone.
    Not really happy about having Lex/Forever Year of the Villains tie-in, and will have to see how a new writer (AGAIN!) handles Batgirl.

And did DC get smart and not even bother to pretend that Doomsday Clock #12 would come out in July? (#11 had originally been solicited for May, so two months after that would have been July.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Bleeding Cool was posting the catalogue over the weekends, so DC switched from Monday to the previous Friday to put a stop to it. BC doesn't seem to have a source for Marvel's catalogue, so they were able to keep theirs on Tuesday.
    Wow, do we have that influence?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

These are really cool solicits but what the hell is up with 32 page comics for $5?! I really want to read those Walmart comics but, unless I'm missing something, they're at most 24 pages of story for $5. Ditto the White Knight sequel. I'm taking a stand. This is not on. I expect this of Marvel, not DC.

Fortunately, there's plenty of good stuff like the new Super books and the new Young Animal Stuff that aren't total rip offs that I'm looking forward to checking out.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    These are really cool solicits but what the hell is up with 32 page comics for $5?! I really want to read those Walmart comics but, unless I'm missing something, they're at most 24 pages of story for $5. Ditto the White Knight sequel. I'm taking a stand. This is not on. I expect this of Marvel, not DC.

Fortunately, there's plenty of good stuff like the new Super books and the new Young Animal Stuff that aren't total rip offs that I'm looking forward to checking out.
    THIS!

This price gouge started with Batman Who Laughs and has this month greatly expanded. I too am taking a stand.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

You're not missing anything by skipping the Wal-Mart stuff.

Plenty of great stuff to read. Young Animal!

Supersons
    tec
    TT
    GL
    Deathstroke
    Superman
    Action
    WhiteKnight
    Nightwalker
    American Carnage
    Last Knight
    Doom Patrol
    Aquaman
    Batman Beyond
    batman/TMNt
    Batman and the Outsiders
    Deceased
    Flash
    Last edited by Fergus; 04-14-2019 at 03:59 AM.

Nice to hear Captain Cold is back, I’ve missed him
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    You're not missing anything by skipping the Wal-Mart stuff.

Plenty of great stuff to read. Young Animal!
    Oh really? That's a bummer. Even if I'm a fan of the writers?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Batman: Curse of the White Knight
    Batman: Last Knight on Earth
    Batman: Universe
    Superman: Up in the Sky
    Collapser
    Doom Patrol
    Jimmy Olsen
    Lois Lane
    Action Comics
    Aquaman
    Batman
    Batman: Secret Files
    Batman and the Outsiders
    Deathstroke
    DCeased
    Detective
    Dial H for Hero
    Event Leviathan
    Flash
    Green Lantern
    Green Lantern Annual
    Freedom Fighters
    Hawkman
    Justice League
    Justice League Dark
    JL Dark Annual
    Martian Manhunter
    Shazam
    Superman
    Wonder Twins
    Young Justice

Oh really? That's a bummer. Even if I'm a fan of the writers?
    I would say if you're a fan of the writers but don't wanna buy the overpriced single issues, wait for the trade that's coming out by around the end of the year, since price wise it'll probably be a better deal.

I'm personally deciding if I wanna wait for trade or get the issues, just because I've been super curious about Bendis' Batman and King's Superman so might be worth it for me in the sense that I've been waiting so long to get that chance.

Going to wait for the trades for King Superman and Bendis Batman. Otherwise going to check out Way’s Doom Patrol, now that it’s coming back I need to go back and read what is already out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Wow, do we have that influence?
    Why else would they bring it forward three days, when just a couple of months earlier (just before Christmas) Diamond were trying to make them delay the solicits?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I would say if you're a fan of the writers but don't wanna buy the overpriced single issues, wait for the trade that's coming out by around the end of the year, since price wise it'll probably be a better deal.

I'm personally deciding if I wanna wait for trade or get the issues, just because I've been super curious about Bendis' Batman and King's Superman so might be worth it for me in the sense that I've been waiting so long to get that chance.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of doing. Especially as I waited this long to read them anyway. An extra dollar or two a month isn't exactly going to break me but it's the principal of the thing.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of doing. Especially as I waited this long to read them anyway. An extra dollar or two a month isn't exactly going to break me but it's the principal of the thing.
    Actually now that I'm looking it up, it appears they've pushed back the trade releases for Batman Universe and Superman Up In The Sky to March and April 2020, and they were originally supposed to be around November this year. If I had to make an assumption, I'm gonna guess the original plan was to just release them as trades, but decided fairly last minute to release em as issues. I do hope that if they're gonna charge $5 for those issues (especially since they're already finished stories), they're gonna put a full 30 pages within it, cause charging the extra dollar for just 4 pages is understandably annoying.

Also for some reason even though they're both hardcovers with the same size, the Batman book is $10 more than Superman's.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

Or get DC Universe streaming service and wait a year. They're adding their entire digital library and adding new comics a year after their release. If you can wait a year, $7.50/month for everything is a pretty great bargain.