Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Actually now that I'm looking it up, it appears they've pushed back the trade releases for Batman Universe and Superman Up In The Sky to March and April 2020, and they were originally supposed to be around November this year. If I had to make an assumption, I'm gonna guess the original plan was to just release them as trades, but decided fairly last minute to release em as issues. I do hope that if they're gonna charge $5 for those issues (especially since they're already finished stories), they're gonna put a full 30 pages within it, cause charging the extra dollar for just 4 pages is understandably annoying.

Also for some reason even though they're both hardcovers with the same size, the Batman book is $10 more than Superman's.
    Yeah, if it's thirty pages of story, $5 is a lot but it's an acceptable price point at least. But if each instalment in the Walmart comics were 12 pages, I don't see how it can be more than 24 pages per issue. Which is, at most, two more pages for a whole dollar (most of DC's comics actually seem to now be back at 22 pages), which is rather ridiculous since most of the regular $5 comics that DC are publishing this month are listed as 48 pages, including ads.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Only Shazam for the foreseeable future.
    My DC pulls are shrinking and my Marvel Pulls have stabilised, but the current Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the Angel book with Bryan Edward Hill thats about to Launch are gaining my full attention
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Incredible Member

Right I'm going to try and get them to publish the Frank Quitely/Alan Grant Lobo story they've been sitting on for 15 years

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Justice League 27 and 28...that's all for me.

Justice League
    Teen Titans
    Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Super Sons
    Green Lantern
    Young Justice

...and I picked a good month to move to a new state, so I won't have to wonder whether Doomsday Clock came out or not. By the time I get settled and find a new LCS in Denver, I can add it to my new pull list so I don't miss it!
    Last edited by astro@work; 04-16-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

While I'm looking forward to completing it, I will admit to feeling bad that July gives us the last issue of Wonder Twins. Really great mini series, I hope they get more exposure soon.

Amazing Member

Where’s CBR article on the July solicits?

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Late to this again, but...

Definitely:
    DETECTIVE COMICS #1007
    DETECTIVE COMICS #1008 - Okay, if Tomasi is going to EXPLICITLY (rather than implicitly, like Snyder in All-Star Batman) get rid of Mr. Freeze's New 52 origin.
    THE GREEN LANTERN #9 - Oh... cover made this look like it'd be Flashpoint-related, which I'd be surprised to see Morrison reference.
    THE GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #1
    SHAZAM! #8

Maybe:
    COLLAPSER #1 - Sounds vaguely interesting, but I don't think Mikey Way has written, so... nepotism? Eeehhhh.
    DOOM PATROL: WEIGHT OF THE WORLDS #1 - Might just trade-wait because Way being on time with a comic is a meme.
    BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #3 - Maybe. If the first few issues are good, since I'm being selective with what I get from DC after Heroes in Crisis.
    DCEASED #3

THE FLASH BY GEOFF JOHNS BOOK SIX TP - Well, Rogues Revenge was nice, and I kinda at least want to own the Johns Barry stuff on my shelf even though I disliked pretty much all of it.
    JUSTICE: THE DELUXE EDITION HC
    THE KITCHEN TP NEW EDITION
    ORION BY WALTER SIMONSON BOOK TWO TP
    SWAMP THING BY NANCY A. COLLINS OMNIBUS HC - Have not heard of this run. Like, ever.
    WONDER WOMAN BY GREG RUCKA VOL. 3 TP - Okay, this is gonna be weird given how this run ended.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Random thoughts:

Of all the Walmart stories, I can safely say I care about none of them.

Jimmy Olsen sounds interesting but am definitely trade-waiting that. Same with Lois Lane.

Can Aquaman and Mera just get married already? Also... Aqua-lad? You mean... Aqualad? Or at least... Aqua-Lad if you're gonna change it?

Man, wish Mairghread Scott's run lasted longer because I've heard good things and was gonna read it in trade. Oh well, at least she got rid of that Burnside outfit.

Oh man... whatever Snyder and Tynion have planned for the multiverse... not keen.

OMFG the Ric Grayson saga is continuing!

Wait... is Lois the villain headshot cover for Superman? **** you, DC... and Bendis (probably). Oh wait... Lex is actually talking to her? Um... okay... then.

That Young Justice #7 solicitation... interested in Tim taking a new name (even if I'd prefer he did it before Detective Comics #1000), but Bendis is taking the piss. I wouldn't mind "Justice" though.

Kings of Fear is getting a hardcover?! Really?!

Yay, The Wild Storm trade! Now put out a giant hardcover! Or at least two!

Okay, I hate Dark Nights: Metal as a story, but that Batman Who Laughs statue is pretty great. I can only think of like two of the Dark Knights who have bad statues.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

BANNED

I will definetly get;

Shazam! #8
    DCeased #3

That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    . . . SWAMP THING BY NANCY A. COLLINS OMNIBUS HC - Have not heard of this run. Like, ever.
    Weren't following Vertigo titles in the early 1990s?

Her run came after Doug Wheeler's. (He took over when Rick Veitch left the book.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Weren't following Vertigo titles in the early 1990s?

Her run came after Doug Wheeler's. (He took over when Rick Veitch left the book.)
    I mean, early 90s me was either not born or less than a year old, so no.

I'm more concerned with the run's quality, rather than its placement.

Regular pulls:

Thoughts...

THE SECRET SPIRAL OF SWAMP KID TP is obviously an attempt to attract readers of Diary of a Wimpy Kid and will likely bomb at Comic Shops but sell gangbusters at Wal-Mart and Bookstores. I expect I'll see it in the top five of Hoopla when it hits there, too.

The cover to BATMAN: UNIVERSE #1 is really good. I may check it out when it comes to DC Universe.

Young Animal returns with Phase Three!
    COLLAPSER #1 looks interesting, but without even a d-list character name attached (it's no Shade, Eternity Kid or Cave Carson) it would be a hard sell. If not for fans of My Chemical Romance, which it's geared towards. And Mother Panic did alright without an old DC character name attached. Although being set in Gotham didn't hurt.
    DOOM PATROL: WEIGHT OF THE WORLDS #1 appears to be a world-hopping story with a different artist rendering a new world each issue. It's nice to see more of Casey Brinke, one of the best new additions since Crazy Jane.
    Will be reading these on Hoopla.

JIMMY OLSEN #1 and LOIS LANE #1 are two of the most interesting releases of the month. The first issues of these two 12-issue mini-series bring the two characters back to the forefront in a big way. Rucka on LOIS LANE may be a big hit.

The cover to BATMAN #75 and BATMAN SECRET FILES #2 have Psycho Pirate posing alongside the regular Batman rogues. Looks like he's now a Bat-Foe. At least he's getting used again.

Lots of nice looking variant covers. Although I don't condone variant covers, they do make some good wallpapers.

Joelle Jones' art is a definite highlight. Her covers for CATWOMAN #13 and FEMALE FURIES #6 really stand out above all the rest.

The cover for EVENT LEVIATHAN #2 evokes an image of an Outsiders team I could get into. Well, maybe without Plastic Man, who is like an oddity in this grouping.
    It's nice to see the Question, Green Arrow and Batman teaming up again and the Manhunter is an obvious pick for Bendis to add to the '80s 'Dennis O'Neil-street-verse' as she plays up to a lot of his strengths. Her return will likely excite fans of the character.
    And the combination of Bendis with Maleev on street-level characters makes this a strong book to watch.

Sadly, the covers to JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #11 look like generic Justice League Odyssey covers. They could've been used on any issue. These don't make me want to read it, and it gives the impression that after eleven issues, it hasn't moved any in the story. And they're not the most flattering covers, either.

Wonder Woman finds her a naked man and wonders where to put the helmet of Fate on the cover to JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #13. If it's not Kent Nelson, it'll be a disappointment.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK ANNUAL #1, the new JLDark's first Annual, is given a most inappropriate cover. It focuses on Swamp Thing and would benefit from a painted cover that really captured the world of the Green. I would've liked to have seen someone like Charles Vess, P. Craig Russell, Rebecca Guay or Tommy Lee Edwards given the assignment, instead.
    The cover they used would be more fitting as a variant as it does not convey the tone or style of the actual comic. Very disappointed.

THE TERRIFICS #18 sees the title still chugging along. Nice to see DC hasn't totally abandoned them.

YOUNG JUSTICE #7 seems to be hitting all the right notes for a younger team supreme. I'm really getting a classic New Warriors feel from seeing them together. I will definitely be reading these when they hit DCUniverse. That cover makes me want to know more about them. And it seems that Jinny Hex shops for clothes at the same place as Doom Patrol's Casey Brinke. I wouldn't mind seeing the two of them meet.

The entire 1970s runs of the JSA gets collected in ALL-STAR COMICS: ONLY LEGENDS LIVE FOREVER TP. Always good to see a JSA collection getting published.

SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP: DOOMED! TP collects the next set of stories from the uniquely entertaining series that dares to be just a comic and nothing more.

WONDER WOMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE VOL. 3 TP means we may be seeing more Golden Age stories hitting Comixology. Great news for fans of the classics.

My picks:
    COLLAPSER #1
    DOOM PATROL: WEIGHT OF THE WORLDS #1
    EVENT LEVIATHAN #2
    JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #13
    JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK ANNUAL #1 (groan)
    YOUNG JUSTICE #7
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.